• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Replacing Broken Carafe Insert

In summary, a Hostess order for a new carafe arrived with the inside broken. The customer called HO and found that they had two options for the replacement part, 229G for the old white carafe or 229A for a different color carafe. The customer decided to order the 229A carafe liner with collar.
shuttermonster
I had a host order the carafe and it came with the inside broken. I called HO and got her a new one sent out. HO told me to just throw away the carafe. Well I hate to throw away anything... much less something as pretty as the carafe. So looking at the parts listing... I see I can order either "229A Carafe Glass Insert and Rubber Ring" or "229G Carafe Liner with Collar (fits item #2291)"... so which do I need? Is one of these for the old white carafe? On the product info it states that replacement part available as "229G". I just want to make sure I order the correct one b/c I know parts can not be returned... and the 229A is $19.75. If anyone has had to replace the glass inside and could help me out... I would be grateful!!!

Thanks!

That would be a tricky one if you didn't have an old catalog. Luckily, I do, and the old carafe number was 2290. Since the new one's number is 2291 I would say it is 229G is a safe bet as being the replacement part you need. If you still question it you can always call PC to double check.

How would you replace the inside broken part? I have a broken one at home, I took it to a show and a boy knocked it over. :(

Bumping... anyone else handled this issue?

No one has replaced the inside of a carafe before? Bumping again... please help.

My guess is it would come with instructions on how to replace it. I know the directions say to not submerge carafe in water. I think the bottom must come off somehow.

I've never tried it but I don't see how the inside is replaceable. Did you call HO and ask?

Last edited:
I sent solutions center an email. I'm just impatient and hoping one of you had done this. The directions to the carafe doesn't say anything about taking it apart. But like I mentioned there are replacement parts on the parts listing. I have taken the carafe apart and it was fairly easy. Where the seam is on the carafe you just twist and it unscrews. I'm assuming once I find out which one to order, it will come with the complete instructions for replacement. Now I'm very interesting in finding out. :rolleyes:

I just had a Hostess order 2 of these, I really hope they are sturdy. What does everyone think of the Carafe???

I love mine. I make a pot (6 cups) of coffee in the morning, and pour it into my prepped carafe (put hot tap water in it while the coffee is brewing). It stays hot for hours. And my house goes down to 60˚ during the day. :eek: The liner is glass, so you can't throw it around, but I'm not super-careful with mine and it's fine.

I thought I remember at conference when they introduce the new carafe they said it was replaceable -

I am interested as well since I had a similar situation - I just haven't ordered the replacement insert yet - AND I hope it comes with instructions - trying to get the broken one out, I have cut my fingers twice (hence the waiting to order the insert!!)

Bumping - Cause I really need an answer!!

I think we have stumped everyone! :blushing: I will do an update once HO gets back to me.

Okay, just called HO b/c they never returned my email. It is replaceable and the part number is 229G... ONLY $7! They also said it did come with instructions. So now I can't wait!

I just had to get a replacement for the older white one and it was the higher priced one. The bottom of it just screws off after you take a butterknife and loosen it. There is a slot on the bottom and you turn it a few times and the bottom screws off.
I am sure the new one would be the same. You would have to take the bottom off for the insert to fit.

I know this post is 11 years old but was my first search option today. Maybe this will help someone else. Unscrew the bottom half of your carafe be careful because this will expose the glass inside I find it helpful to have my husband Hold the top half well I gently pull with dry hands. You may have to wiggle the glass a bit but be careful as you don't want to break the neck. There should be a seal on top of the glass you can easily pull that off on top of the carafe. On the top of the pour take a dull butter knife anyting not sharp and pop the top seal out I'm unable to get the black plastic collar around the opening out. Do not forget about the white seal on the cap you can push out with a dull butter knife.
Hope this helps someone.

1. How do I know if my carafe insert is broken?

If the glass insert of your carafe is cracked or shattered, it is considered broken and will need to be replaced.

2. Can I purchase a replacement carafe insert?

Yes, you can purchase a replacement carafe insert from Pampered Chef. It is important to make sure you have the correct model number for your carafe when ordering.

3. How do I remove the broken carafe insert?

To remove the broken carafe insert, first make sure the carafe is completely cooled down. Then carefully remove any remaining glass pieces. Depending on the model, you may need to unscrew or twist the old insert out.

4. How do I properly clean and care for my new carafe insert?

The best way to clean your carafe insert is by hand with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or sponges as they can scratch the glass. Additionally, do not place the carafe insert in the dishwasher as it may cause damage. Always handle the insert with care to avoid any future breakage.

5. What do I do if my replacement carafe insert does not fit properly?

If the replacement carafe insert does not fit properly, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance. Our team will be happy to help you find a solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • PamperedDor
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • elizabethfox