• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your Carafe Leaking From the Bottom? Any Tips on How to Fix It?

In summary, to prevent your carafe from leaking from the bottom, make sure the lid is securely tightened, avoid overfilling and ensure that the liquid is not touching the top of the lid. If the issue persists, there may be a crack or damage to the carafe, in which case you should contact customer service for a replacement. If your carafe suddenly starts leaking from the bottom, it is likely due to a crack or damage and should also be replaced. Our carafes can withstand hot liquids, but sudden temperature changes can cause damage and lead to leaking. They are dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity. To clean the inside, use warm soapy water and avoid abrasive materials or harsh chemicals.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Has anyone else had this problem? I had replaced one carafe because the chrome flaked and the new one leaks from the bottom. I tried to tighten the bottom, but I am afraid to break it. Any advice?

Do an adjustment. I'd also call HO test kitchens and ask about tightening the bottom before you do it so you have that defense if you break it.

I had a customer with this- and we've had a tricky time accomplishing the return only on her end (no receipt, bought it on a friend's order...)NO MORE friends helping friends on shipping - host your own show and get Free Shipping!

AJPratt said:
Has anyone else had this problem? I had replaced one carafe because the chrome flaked and the new one leaks from the bottom. I tried to tighten the bottom, but I am afraid to break it. Any advice?

I've had 1 person, we sent it back & the 2nd 1 is leaking. Another said her old one kept things hot for a long time. The new doesn't.....

I will be sure to call HO. I am sure I have a receipt on PP.Scott: UGH! Those are so frustrating... just to save a few bucks. I get it, but it costs you in the long run.

1. How do I prevent my carafe from leaking from the bottom?

The first step in preventing your carafe from leaking from the bottom is to make sure that the lid is securely tightened. If the lid is not tightened properly, it can cause leaks. Additionally, make sure that the carafe is not overfilled and that the liquid is not touching the top of the lid. If the issue persists, there may be a crack or damage to the carafe that is causing the leak. In this case, please contact our customer service for a replacement.

2. Why is my carafe suddenly leaking from the bottom?

If your carafe has been working fine and suddenly starts leaking from the bottom, it is likely due to a crack or damage in the carafe. This can happen if the carafe is dropped or if it comes in contact with extreme temperatures. Please contact our customer service for a replacement if this occurs.

3. Can I put hot liquids in the carafe?

Yes, our carafes are designed to withstand hot liquids. However, it is important to note that extreme temperature changes can cause damage to the carafe and may result in leaking. We recommend allowing hot liquids to cool down before pouring them into the carafe, and avoiding sudden temperature changes.

4. Is the carafe dishwasher safe?

Yes, our carafes are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the carafe with warm soapy water to ensure its longevity. If using a dishwasher, make sure to place the carafe on the top rack and avoid using harsh detergents or abrasive materials.

5. How do I clean the inside of the carafe?

To clean the inside of the carafe, we recommend using warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Be sure to rinse thoroughly after cleaning and allow the carafe to air dry. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals as they may damage the carafe and cause leaks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
bward11
  • darlinclem
  • Products and Tips
Replies