• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Car Sign Worth It for Generating Business?

In summary, Laurie has had success with a vinyl lettering sign that has her website and cell phone number on it. She has had one person follow her and ask for a catalogue every six months, but in the last week she has had two people approach her. One bought something from her suprise box, and the other placed an order.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I've had my PC sign with my cell phone # on my back window for about 6 months with only one person following behind calling and asking for a catalogue.
Now within the last week I've had a lady approach me while I was talking to one of my recruits at IHOP. She asked for a catalogue and bought a couple of items from my suprise box that stays in my vehicle.
Then yesterday, a lady following me on the interstate called and wanted to place an order. We pulled off at the next exit and she gave me her order. Hopefully there will be future business with her.

WooHoo! That's great!

That's great!I've been regretting just getting the plain PC sign. I wish that I had gotten the one w/ my website or cell phone # on it. I just think the plain name looks kind of small. It doesn't stand out too much. I always try to park close to the front of the store and have my tote bag and such w/ me. But I get more attention by the tote bag. I keep thinking that if my other info was on the car, maybe it would lead to something eventually. It not having the info makes it so that only people can ask me about it if I'm near my car.

I, too, have put off having one made. Now I think it is time to "just do it". Thank you for sharing your success.

babywings76 said:
That's great!

I've been regretting just getting the plain PC sign. I wish that I had gotten the one w/ my website or cell phone # on it. I just think the plain name looks kind of small. It doesn't stand out too much. I always try to park close to the front of the store and have my tote bag and such w/ me. But I get more attention by the tote bag. I keep thinking that if my other info was on the car, maybe it would lead to something eventually. It not having the info makes it so that only people can ask me about it if I'm near my car.

Check out http://www.jerisigns.com. She sells Vinyl by the square foot. When I got my car stuff, Merrill didn't offer logos with contact info. Even now, I think the one they do offer, the text is too small.

I "stole" the idea from someone else on the board: I ordered the piece to be 6" tall and 24" wide, that way it's one square foot. I asked her to print on it my website and cell phone number. Very inexpensive.

Again - just an FYI...make sure before placing signs on your vehicle that it will still be covered by insurance in case of an accident.

Here in Michigan, if you place any contact info on your car, it then becomes a business vehicle, and you have to have it covered under a different (more expensive) policy. Check with your insurer!

i didn't see a 6 x 24 cling?
what exactly did you get and do you have a template or picture! thanks
laurie

On the left, scroll down to "Types of Signs" and choose "Vinyl Lettering." Then go to the second page, and look for "Vinyl Lettering By The Sq Ft." It will give you ordering instructions on that page, but basically you will type in the comments section what you want it to say and what dimensions, and she will send you a proof (usually about 2 weeks).

It's not a "cling" in the sense that you can peel it off whenever you want. It comes up with heat if you need to remove it in the future.

Here's the thread where I originally got the idea from:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/pc-decal-my-suv-19947/

I don't have a picture of my own handy, but it essentially looks the same.

The website address didn't make it onto my window. The letters were so small that half of them stayed stuck to the applicator. I scraped the rest off.

I have a question regarding the Merrill cling. (the one with all the contact info). Did you put it on the back window? If so does it interfere with the rear defroster? I have them, but have been waiting to put it on because I really want it on the rear. My hubby is the one who asked if it would mess up the rear defroster.

Krista Burson said:
I have a question regarding the Merrill cling. (the one with all the contact info). Did you put it on the back window? If so does it interfere with the rear defroster? I have them, but have been waiting to put it on because I really want it on the rear. My hubby is the one who asked if it would mess up the rear defroster.

The cling is on the outside of the vehicle, and I think the rear defroster is in the interior, so you are fine. I haven't had any trouble with visibility from the cling being there. But my DH is taller and says it gets in his way. I think he's nuts. :D

Now adays, don't you worry about what type of crazy might be behind you wanting a catalog???? Maybe I am just paranoid.

cwinter474 said:
Now adays, don't you worry about what type of crazy might be behind you wanting a catalog???? Maybe I am just paranoid.

There is a lot of discussion on that in the thread I linked above. I only list my cell number. My HD has had magnets on her car for years and has never had issues. And as for someone following you, well you could just institute a policy of not picking up your phone while you're driving, or just numbers you recognize.

ChefBeckyD said:
Again - just an FYI...make sure before placing signs on your vehicle that it will still be covered by insurance in case of an accident.

Here in Michigan, if you place any contact info on your car, it then becomes a business vehicle, and you have to have it covered under a different (more expensive) policy. Check with your insurer!

Good point! Even if they didn't have that policy in place now, with the way sleazy insurance companies are, they'd drop you right after they paid! (Wait a minute- they do that anyway!!) But it's worth checking out.

I haven't gotten any business that I know of with my window decal yet. Had to get the window type from Merrill since most of our Saturn Vue is plastic and the car magnets wouldn't stick. Good question on the insurance thing. My husband owns his own business also and drives a truck and we pay enough for insurance so it must be under a business policy. I know I put in our expenses for tax purposes!

I have an agent looking into this for PA. My agent is recovering from a surgery, so there was this other guy filling in. He's going to check into for me. At first he thought just having the plain, no number or anything sign would still make it a business vehicle. I had to go into more detail for him to understand. He didn't know what PC was. He then said "Oh, like Avon!" So I explained how it's my personal vehicle, but it is what I drive to go to a show. But that's not my vehicles main purpose. He said that the car magnets thing would definitely make it a business vehicle. That's all he knew, so he's checking into it for me. I'll let you know what he finds out. At least those in PA might want to know. :)

I've had 2 leads from my decals!!

I wass going to post about this. I got a call and order from my sign as well. I got it in May. I was very excited. The order paid for the sign. I hope this starts a trend for both of us!!!

Chef Bobby said:
I've had my PC sign with my cell phone # on my back window for about 6 months with only one person following behind calling and asking for a catalogue.
Now within the last week I've had a lady approach me while I was talking to one of my recruits at IHOP. She asked for a catalogue and bought a couple of items from my suprise box that stays in my vehicle.
Then yesterday, a lady following me on the interstate called and wanted to place an order. We pulled off at the next exit and she gave me her order. Hopefully there will be future business with her.

I have had mine now for a year and a half and have not gotten one lead. I have done everything from being sure to park close to the entrance of a building so more people pass by my vehicle to shopping at different stores and nothing :( I dd get one phone call, from a crazy driver who cut me off in Massachusetts and then left a voice mail on my phone saying I was the crazy driver. I guess this guy doesn't know what PC is becuase he thought he was calling corporate headquarters LOL Dummy obviously didn't listen to the voicemail very well when it said my name and that I was a consultant for Pc. Duh my name on the answering machine and the name on my car matched LOL Anyway, wish I could generate business with the window decal.

1. How do I apply the "Car Sign Finally Paid off" decal to my car?

To apply the decal, first make sure the surface of your car is clean and dry. Then, peel off the backing of the decal and carefully place it on your car, starting from one side and smoothing out any air bubbles as you go. Use a credit card or squeegee to firmly press the decal onto the car. Allow the decal to set for 24 hours before driving.

2. Can the "Car Sign Finally Paid off" decal be removed without damaging my car?

Yes, the decal is designed to be easily removable without leaving any residue or damaging the surface of your car. However, it is recommended to remove the decal slowly and carefully, using a hairdryer to warm up the adhesive if needed.

3. Is the "Car Sign Finally Paid off" decal weatherproof?

Yes, the decal is made with high-quality vinyl material that is weatherproof and durable. It can withstand various weather conditions, including rain, snow, and sunlight, without fading or peeling.

4. Can I customize the color or size of the "Car Sign Finally Paid off" decal?

Unfortunately, we do not offer customization for this decal at this time. However, we do offer a variety of color options and sizes to choose from to fit your personal style and needs.

5. How long will the "Car Sign Finally Paid off" decal last on my car?

The decal is designed to last for several years with proper application and care. However, factors such as extreme weather conditions and frequent car washes may affect its longevity. It is recommended to avoid using a pressure washer on the decal and to hand wash around the decal area for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
c00p
  • PamperedChefLayla
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
Replies