• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Mistake Cost Me: Late Car Payments & Husband's Anger

In summary, the person made a mistake in thinking their car payment was due on the 10th of the month, and as a result, they made several payments late. This has caused them significant problems in terms of their credit score. They would likely be able to fix the issue by talking to their bank, but they should also be aware that there may be a small adjustment on their first payment to take care of any interest that may have accrued.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm sad!! I just went to make my car payment and realized while this whole time (1 1/2 years!) I thought my payment was due the 10th of the month! I just discovered today it was due the 9th! Do you know how many payments I've made late because of this?! SEVERAL!! This makes me so upset, my husband is going to be pissed when he hears about this. Do you know why I made this mistake? Because my last car payment was due the 10th of the month, my mind automatically thought it was still the 10th!! :( Had to share with someone.

Hugs! You usually get a few days grace (to give the check time to get there). It typically has to be 30 days late to effect your credit score. Check with the bank/company to see what their policy is. It might be okay.

I know what you mean... I have a Life insurance payment that was always taken out on the 25th... resigned paperwork to increase coverage and they changed it to the 23rd (???) why..... had a bit of a problem with remembering the new date so I now make sure the $$ is in the account on the 20th... never had a problem with late charges/credit etc but I double check all of my due dates now. Hope everything works out for you...

I'd also check with the bank/car place to see if you could get it changed even that one day. We did that once with ours because of pay dates and a change in jobs.

Don't worry, your credit wont be affected. You have to be 30 days late....you are fine!

Have late fees been accruing all of this time? I would think the bank would have informed you if that had been the case. If not, I'm with the others, there shouldn't be anything to really worry about. I know how you feel, though. <<<HUGS>>>

I agree- usually there is a grace period and I know for sure it has to be 30 days late to change your credit score. I would call and see if you can change it to the 10th.

:) Thanks for making me feel better! Only once was it more than a day late and I'm going to call them to see if I can get that changed and check on their policies!

Our car payment is 'due' on the 2nd of the month, but we really have until the 9th. This is a local bank, so it's really just a matter of walking into the branch in our town anytime during those 7 days, instead of worrying about a check. If we are late though (yes, it's happened), the late fee is so tiny, it amounts to about $6 - which they don't charge until the next payment. I love my bank!!

I'm always a day or so late on our car payment. We've never been charged or even gotten a warning.

Also, some banks will work with you on changing the due date if a particular date is better (ie getting paid on the 1st or 15th of the month). There will probably be a slight adjustment on the first payment to take care of any interest owed but after that there would be no difference.

1. How can I catch up on my late car payments?

It's important to communicate with your lender as soon as possible and explain your situation. They may be able to work out a payment plan or defer your payments for a short period of time. You can also consider getting a loan from a family member or friend to cover the missed payments.

2. Will my late car payments affect my credit score?

Yes, late car payments can have a negative impact on your credit score. It's important to make payments on time to maintain a good credit score. However, if you catch up on your payments and continue to make them on time, your credit score should improve over time.

3. How can I prevent my husband from getting angry about my financial mistakes?

It's important to have open and honest communication with your husband about your financial situation. Apologize for your mistake and explain what steps you are taking to rectify the situation. It may also be helpful to involve your husband in the decision-making process when it comes to finances.

4. Can Pampered Chef help me with my late car payments?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef is not able to assist with individual financial issues. However, we do offer financial education and tools to help you manage your finances and prevent future mistakes.

5. What are the consequences of consistently making late car payments?

If you continue to make late car payments, your lender may report it to the credit bureaus, which can negatively impact your credit score. You may also face late fees and penalties from your lender. In extreme cases, your car may be repossessed if you are unable to catch up on your payments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Zombielicious