• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Get My Hosts on the Phone

In summary, if you can't get your hosts on the phone, try sending them a message, and if that doesn't work, try calling them at a different time.
cathyt
I'm really working to step up my host coaching efforts but having so much trouble getting my hosts on the phone. Tips? Tricks? Thanks!

What have you been doing so far? Are you calling at different times of the day? I always try to ask my hosts when I put them on my calendar and write down their contact details- what is the BEST number to reach you, and the best TIME/day? I let them know I'll be calling to go over a few things.If you can't get them on the phone, don't be afraid to send a follow-up email. Also- are they are "texter"? I have one host, that is the best way I can communicate with her! We text back and forth as needed for the little things.Other than that- I've got nothing! I have trouble getting people to call me back, but not my hosts. I know others will have some good stuff for you. :)

If I can't get them on the phone I do what I can via message. I can remind them to invite everyone. I can tell them what I'm planning to do/bring. I can tell them how many I'll be planning for and what time I'll arrive. (All depending on which call I'm making, of course.)

I third the "use alternate methods" idea. Send a postcard, email, text... And don't forget to leave a message when you do call and they don't answer. I know that many people don't actually listen to messages, but in case they do, they'll know you tried to call them and why.

I leave a message assuming they are doing everything they should have. "I'm assuming you've sent out your invitations and that you're getting outside orders from anyone who can't come, etc." Then I almost always add "I'll be sending you this in an email and you can respond either way (or I'll try you back at a different time)." Then, I make sure to email them the same thing, usually with an attachment (guest list, guest special, order form, recipes).

I have a host now whose husband answers so my messages can't be as detailed. Her responses via email indicate that she isn't really reading/getting what I need. It can be frustrating, but I keep constant contact and hope to be pleasantly surprised....

I call at the regular schedule times if I do not get her the week before my message is Hi this is Dina we keep missing each other since I do not have recipes I am bringing potatoes and will do a potato show I will need to be at least 30 min early if you have any question before then just call. Usually within an hour she calls with recipes or reschedules.

The potato show gets them calling, eh? I like this one! :D

That's funny! I'll have to remember that.

Love it Dina....hopefully I remember that one.

1. Why can't I get my hosts on the phone?

There could be a few reasons why you are having trouble reaching your hosts. They may be busy with work or personal obligations, or they may have changed their phone number without informing you. It's also possible that they are avoiding your calls because they are feeling overwhelmed or not interested in hosting a party at this time.

2. What should I do if I can't get my hosts on the phone?

If you are having trouble reaching your hosts, try sending them a text or email instead. This can be less intrusive and may be more effective in getting a response. You can also try reaching out to them through social media or asking mutual friends if they have any updates on your host's availability.

3. How can I encourage my hosts to answer my calls?

One way to encourage your hosts to answer your calls is to let them know the purpose of your call in advance. If they know you are calling to discuss their upcoming party, they may be more likely to pick up. You can also try calling at different times of the day to see if they are more available at certain times.

4. What if I need to confirm party details with my hosts but can't reach them on the phone?

If you are unable to reach your hosts on the phone, you can try sending them a message through our online party planning tool. This will allow you to confirm party details and communicate with your host without relying on phone calls.

5. Is it normal for hosts to be difficult to reach?

It's not uncommon for hosts to be difficult to reach, especially if they are busy with work or personal commitments. However, as a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to be persistent and find alternative ways to communicate with your hosts. Remember that they are also excited about hosting a party and may just need a little nudge to get the planning process started.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Dawn4
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom