• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Get a Hold of This Host...

In summary, Laurie is searching for a host for her party that she has already booked, but keeps missing calls and messages. She is considering emailing or mailing a postcard to the host.
pclaurieb
Hi guys,

I've got a host that wanted to schedule an April show but I keep missing her by phone.

I just sent her my 2nd email with the dates I have available for show that month & asking her to choose, but I'm not sure if she's seeing them or if they're just going into her junk mail.

Does anyone have a "pick a date" or "sorry I keep missing you..." postcard I can drop in the mail to her?

Thanks!
Laurie

Laurie you may just have to bless and release this lady. You cannot expend all of your resources hunting her down. Keep working with other people on your list. Then call her in a week or two to see if she's ready to book. You can't MAKE her do it and you'll only drive yourself crazy if you fixate on her.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not trying to make her do anything.

It's possible that as far as she's concerned she hasn't heard from me. The contact number she gave me was her office number & I've only spoken with her secretary there, (who was the previous host her party was booked from), Whenever I've tried calling I've missed her, but she is a very hard person to get a hold of & I haven't technically left her any messages, past host just told to try her again later.

That's why I went to email, but as I said before, if I'm not in her contact list my emails may have gone directly into her junk mail. So in the interest of following up on my promises, I'd like to drop a postcard in the mail telling her that I'm sorry I haven't been able to reach her, giving her the dates I have available & asking her to please contact me if she would still like to book a show.

I'm honestly not fixating on her, I just like to make sure that I've followed through on my responsibilities before I throw in the towel. Believe it or not, I have had this happen with someone else who I just gave up on. She told the previous host she was disappointed when I didn't contact her like I said I would & I don't want to see that happen again. If no one has a postcard that can do the job, I can send a q blank greeting card, but I just thought it would be more professional looking in a postcard format.

Thanks again

Well, it sounds like you've already got a plan in mind.

Good luck!

If you haven't actually left any vm messages, then I'd do that AND send a postcard. I always make a point to say something like, "you are busier than me, but I really do want to connect with you" just so that I can show that I realize that they have a life too!!! Good luck with it!

I've had people all excited about booking a party, even a free party, but then somehow miss all my calls, don't return messages, etc. There comes a time with some of these potential hosts that you just throw in the towel but keep them on your newsletter list. Hopefully your show happens.

I have a postcard from Nancy's Artwork I can send you. It says Please call if you are still interested in booking a show with me. I've been unable to reach you. This is a good time to reach me.

Let me know if you are interested. It is all yours.

Why don't you ask the secretary if she has a cell phone # you can try. Then at least you can leave a voicemail.

If you don't leave a message, then the call doesn't count, because she won't know that you actually called.

Leave a message next time. If her secretary is the past host she will certainly give the message to her b/c she probably wants the booking special.

I have found that people (prospective hosts) are hard to get a hold of because they have changed their mind about hosting and do not want to tell you, they just keep hoping that if they avoid you that you will go away.

Thanks Julia! That would be perfect.

Hi Julia,

For some reason I can't open the private message you sent me. Would you mind emailing the file to [email protected]?

Thanks again,
Laurie

I e-mailed you

If it makes you feel any better, I did a free cooking show 3 weeks ago and the host and her guests were rowdy and a bit drunk so no one ordered at the time--they all work together and were supposed to order the following Fri. I contacted the host and she said she had to collect 2 more orders...2 weeks later and I can't get a hold of her in any way. I have $15 in food and $5 in mailing costs involved-and the bad part is, this is a friend of mine for over 20 years...she offered to do a show as a favor since I was trying to reach $2500 in just feb. alone...that's why I paid for the ingredients-she requested the recipe she wanted though, I would have chosen something more inexpensive, LOL.

1. Can you help me get in touch with my host?

Pampered Chef consultants are not able to share personal contact information of hosts. However, we can assist you in sending a message to your host through our online system or by providing their contact information to our customer service team.

2. My host is not responding to my messages, what should I do?

We apologize for any inconvenience. Our customer service team can reach out to your host on your behalf to try and facilitate communication. Please provide us with your host's name and order number so we can assist you.

3. Can I cancel my order if I can't get a hold of my host?

Yes, you can cancel your order by contacting our customer service team. Please note that once an order has been processed and shipped, we are unable to cancel it. If you are unable to get a hold of your host, we can assist you in canceling your order.

4. How long should I wait before contacting customer service if I can't get a hold of my host?

We recommend waiting at least 24 hours before contacting customer service. We understand that sometimes hosts may be busy and may not be able to respond immediately. If you still have not heard back after 24 hours, please reach out to us for assistance.

5. Can I place an order without going through my host?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, the host is responsible for submitting all orders for their party. If you are having trouble getting a hold of your host, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wmrmgr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • Michelle817
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Bren706