• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing Recipe for Turtle Cake - Substitutions Needed | Party Next Weekend

In summary, the german choc cake mix, caramels, evaporated milk, butter, and chocolate chips are needed to make the turtle cake. The recipe calls for a rectangular baker, a kitchen spritzer, classic batter bowl, and small micro-cooker. The recipe also calls for chopped pecans, but notes that you can substitute with similar/practical products we have now.
valgal49
So I have a party next weekend (28th) and the hot is requesting a turtle cake that she found in the classics cookbook. I don't have that cookbook :cry: and I can't seem to find what she is talking about online. Here is the info she has given me...

One german choc cake mix
1 14oz pkg caramels
1 5oz czn evaporated milk
2 tlb margarine
1 cup sem-sweet choc chips
1/2 cup pecans

The stuff to make it with is
Rectangular baker
kitchen spritzer
classic batter bowl
small micro-cooker
food chopper

I would like to find the actual recipe because I don't have all those tools. I might need to substiture and I want to make sure I can. Hopefully someone can help me. TIA! :D

Try joycesfinecooking.com

I have it! I'll type it up right now.

This cookbook is from 1994. It lists products we don't sell anymore, but you can substitute very easily products we have now that are similar/practically the same. :) Also, there is another Turtle Skillet cake that is in the files that uses current products. But taste-wise, I don't know which is better. :DTurtle Cake (from The Pampered Chef Favorites ll, page 64)1 box (18-19 oz) German Chocolate cake mix
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
1 small can (5 oz) evaporated milk
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecansPreheat oven 350. Prepare cake mix in Batter Bowl according to package directions. Pour half of batter into greased 9" x 13" Baker. Bake 15 minutes. While cake is baking, melt caramels with milk and butter in Microwave Saucepan or double boiler; stirring until smooth. Slowly pour caramel mixture over partially baked cake. Spread evenly with Super Scraper.Sprinkle chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of pecans over caramel mixture. Pour remaining cake batter over top, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool before slicing.Yield: 24 servings

I also thought it's funny that in that recipe, it doesn't tell you to use the Food Chopper for the pecans! :)

FYI- all the products in that recipe are still in the catalog, but some of them have changed names. The Microwave Saucepan is the Micro-Cooker, 9x13 Baker is the Rectangular Baker, and Super Scraper is the Classic Scraper.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking and meant, just didn't say it right. :blushing: Wasn't positive about the Microwave saucepan and super scraper.

1. Can you help me find a specific recipe on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, we have a search bar on our website where you can type in keywords or ingredients to find the recipe you are looking for. You can also browse through our recipe categories for inspiration.

2. I saw a recipe on social media but can't find it on the Pampered Chef website. How can I access it?

Some of our recipes are exclusive to our social media channels and may not be available on our website. However, you can contact our customer service team and they can assist you in finding the recipe or provide a similar one.

3. I have a specific dietary restriction. Can I filter the recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, we have a "Dietary Needs" filter on our website where you can select your dietary restriction and it will show you all the recipes that fit your needs.

4. I have a Pampered Chef product but lost the recipe that came with it. Can I find it on the website?

Yes, we have a section on our website called "Recipes by Product" where you can search for recipes specifically designed for your Pampered Chef product.

5. I can't find a recipe that I saved to my "My Recipes" on the Pampered Chef website. What should I do?

Try refreshing the page or logging out and logging back in. If the recipe still does not appear, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • ChefBeth2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jenne