• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Decide on Booth Drawing Idea!

In summary, people may think that a free show sounds better, but a party in a bag sounds more enticing to get people to come by.
pampered2007
I am trying to decide what kind of drawing to have at my upcoming craft show. Which sounds better???.... 1) A FREE SHOW! What I may do is call it a "party in a bag". In a gift bag or maybe even a Pampered Chef shopping bag I will put everything needed to host a show - including plates, cups, napkins, silverware, invitations, etc. I'll attach a balloon to it to grasp peoples attention :) OR I could make the bag up to go along with a theme such as an ice cream social. In addition to the paper products and invitations, I can add some ice cream topppings, etc. Or with a Flipflops and Fajitas I could add in a cute pair of flip flops. A Hawaiian theme would be fun too! Just can't make up my mind!!!! LOL!

OR

2) I could just simply have a drawing for a FREE COOKBOOK. And of course everyone will win a "free show".

So what do you think? I'd have to say that I'm leaning towards idea #1. Theme shows are always fun! Anyone else have any "eye catching" ideas??? I need some booking leads! Thanks!!!!

I love the party in a bag idea! Then you can call everyone and tell them they won your party in a bag prize.

From past experience, I think I got more leads/entries into my Free Cookbook (which was actually a collection of 3 old Season's Best books and a reusuable Grocery Bag), than I did when I offered a "Party in a Bag". My Party in a Bag was put together with real grocery items (ie- box of pasta, onion, tomato, etc), a SB, Paper Plates/Utensils. I had stuck a box in the bottom and then tissue paper over that...made it look nice.You can still call everyone with the free Party in a Bag no matter what (maybe still put it together as a "second prize"), but I got more people enter my Free Cookbook drawing. My HUMBLE opinion (looking at it through my "consumer glasses").....
People aren't stupid (usually), and know it's a "strings attached" kind of prize. That's why I've never liked it much. Even though you and I both know that they can probably get MORE from hosting a show, that doesn't matter..>AT THIS POINT. You can spin it that way later when you follow up with a phone call and let them know that even though "you didn't win the Free Cookbook, you can actually get MORE with your own show! My hosts usually get $xx in FREE Product when they have their friends over for some food and fun at their house. And for everyone who books a show that I met at the fair, I'm bringing the ingredients for the recipe you'll get to sample! It's a "Party in a Bag". You just invite your friends and I'll take care of the rest!......." And then go on from there. See what the vibe is.Just saying.... :D

I did several booths this spring, and gave up on drawings. I got too many "fluffy" leads that didn't go anywhere, and I just don't have that much time to follow up. Now, I stand on the outside of my booth (I push my table back as far as I can) and hand out free recipe cards with my information stamped on them. When people walk by, I offer them a recipe from the Pampered Chef. If they walk by, fine, if they take one, I follow up with the chance to receive new recipes every month by signing up for my monthly newsletter/website. If they stop to talk to me, we chat about their favorite items, they fill out the guest slip, and chat about the last time they'd been to a party. I always ask if they are interested in a party, what I have going on and what is coming up. When they walk away, I turn over their slip and write a few notes on it about what was said, and followup info. I get fewer slips filled out, but they are solid leads and bookings. One lady in a booth next to me said she felt bad about how often I got rejected. I told her I wasn't out to force it on anyone, just looking for those who want it! I didn't pay any attention to rejection, just celebrated all who stopped and joined my list. It was rather liberating to go home and feel confident about my new leads for bookings and recruits.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I love to hear what works (and what doesn't work) for other consultants :) :)

DebsApronStrings said:
I did several booths this spring, and gave up on drawings. I got too many "fluffy" leads that didn't go anywhere, and I just don't have that much time to follow up. Now, I stand on the outside of my booth (I push my table back as far as I can) and hand out free recipe cards with my information stamped on them. When people walk by, I offer them a recipe from the Pampered Chef. If they walk by, fine, if they take one, I follow up with the chance to receive new recipes every month by signing up for my monthly newsletter/website. If they stop to talk to me, we chat about their favorite items, they fill out the guest slip, and chat about the last time they'd been to a party. I always ask if they are interested in a party, what I have going on and what is coming up. When they walk away, I turn over their slip and write a few notes on it about what was said, and followup info. I get fewer slips filled out, but they are solid leads and bookings.

One lady in a booth next to me said she felt bad about how often I got rejected. I told her I wasn't out to force it on anyone, just looking for those who want it! I didn't pay any attention to rejection, just celebrated all who stopped and joined my list. It was rather liberating to go home and feel confident about my new leads for bookings and recruits.

I do this as well. I just don't have the time to track people down who aren't interested. This year so far I have had 4 booths and had 6 bookings from them. Firm and date set.. it was so much easier than having 50 leads that stare at me on my desk that I call to no avail....

1. What are some unique ideas for a booth drawing at my Pampered Chef event?

There are many fun and creative ideas for a booth drawing at your event. Some suggestions include a "mystery box" filled with Pampered Chef products, a raffle for a free cooking class or demonstration, a "spin the wheel" game with different prizes, or a cookware set giveaway. Get creative and think outside the box!

2. How can I make my booth drawing stand out and attract more customers?

One way to make your booth drawing stand out is to offer a prize that is relevant and desirable to your target audience. You can also advertise the drawing on social media and through email marketing to generate excitement and interest. Additionally, having a visually appealing display with eye-catching signage can help attract more customers to your booth.

3. Can I offer a discount or special offer as part of my booth drawing?

Yes, you can definitely offer a discount or special offer as part of your booth drawing. This can be a great way to incentivize customers to enter the drawing and also encourage them to make a purchase at your event. Just make sure to clearly communicate the terms and conditions of the discount or offer.

4. How can I ensure that my booth drawing is fair and unbiased?

To ensure that your booth drawing is fair and unbiased, it's important to establish clear rules and guidelines for entering and selecting a winner. You can also use a randomizer tool or have a third-party draw the winner to eliminate any potential bias. It's also a good idea to document the entire process to provide transparency and accountability.

5. Can I have multiple prizes for my booth drawing?

Yes, you can have multiple prizes for your booth drawing. This can be a great way to generate more excitement and increase the chances of winning for your customers. Just make sure to clearly communicate the different prizes and how they will be awarded to avoid any confusion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jcsmilez
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • gussey30
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jla8279