• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Word Document Opening Issues in Explorer 9

In summary, When you see an error message saying "Cannot Open .Doc Items", it most likely means that the document is corrupted or not compatible with the program you are trying to open it with. To fix this error, you can try opening the document in a different program, using a repair tool, or converting it to a different file format. This error can occur when the document was not properly saved or transferred, or if there is a compatibility issue between the program and the document. To prevent this error, make sure to properly save and transfer documents, back up important files, and keep software and programs up to date. If the document is not opening at all, it may be difficult to recover, but using a third-party repair tool or
chanddl
Gold Member
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Use to be able to open word documents, upgraded to Explorer 9 and now can only open pdf files. Is there a setting I need to change?

Explorer is your web browser, word documents use a word processor like Microsoft Word. If you don't have a word processor, you can download a free one at www.openoffice.org

I have MS Word 2007 on my machine. I was able to open docs before I loaded Windows Update to include IE 9. I was opening docs a week ago and now they will not open. I can open docs that are in my saved files, just not the on CS. I am sure it is a pc issue, just not sure what it is.

Found this with Google:http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=58955b829222e93d&hl=en(I know it says GMail, but the instructions might solve your problem)

Have you tried saving the CS doc to your computer and then opening it? Sometimes that works too.

Thank you. I will try the google download guidance.

.doc will not allow me to save until I open the document, but it was a great idea.

still not working. I will keep trying.

I hate Explorer...try using Firefox instead! In my opinion, IE is incredibly unpredictible. I haven't used it in years.

1. What does it mean when I see an error message that says "Cannot Open .Doc Items"?

This error message typically means that the document or file you are trying to open is corrupted or is not compatible with the program you are using to open it.

2. How can I fix the "Cannot Open .Doc Items" error?

First, try opening the document or file in a different program to see if it opens successfully. If not, try repairing the document using the program's built-in repair tool or by using a third-party document repair tool. You can also try renaming the file or converting it to a different file format.

3. Why am I getting this error when I try to open a document from an email or USB drive?

This error can occur if the document was not properly saved or transferred, causing it to become corrupted. It can also happen if the document was created using a newer version of the program and you are trying to open it with an older version.

4. Can I prevent the "Cannot Open .Doc Items" error from happening?

To prevent this error, always make sure to properly save and transfer your documents. It's also a good idea to regularly back up your important documents to prevent loss in case of corruption. Additionally, keeping your software and programs up to date can help avoid compatibility issues.

5. Is there any way to recover a document that is showing the "Cannot Open .Doc Items" error?

If the document is not opening at all, it may be difficult to recover. However, you can try using a third-party repair tool or contacting the program's customer support for further assistance. If the document is partially open or can be opened in a different program, you may be able to salvage some of the information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • K.Shaffer
  • General Chat
Replies