• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding a Candy Thermometer for a Customer

In summary, when choosing a candy thermometer, consider the type of candy you will be making, the required temperature range, and the accuracy. A traditional glass thermometer with a clip is recommended for harder candies, while a digital thermometer with a probe is better for softer candies. It is crucial to select a thermometer with a wide temperature range for different candy making needs. There are differences between candy thermometers and regular thermometers, as candy thermometers are specifically designed for high temperatures and have features like a longer probe and a clip. Meat thermometers are not suitable for candy making. To care for and clean a candy thermometer, wash it with hot, soapy water after each use and store it properly. When using a candy thermometer, handle it with
pkloosen
I just had a customer ask ... insist, that PC carrys a Candy Thermometer? I am still rather new (5 months) but I know we do not. Did we ever? And if so, is there a way to locate one for her?
Thanks

We used to have a thermometer that could be used with candy, but it was discontinued several years ago. Nothing in the current line is compatible with candy-making. (Thermometer-wise. The Pastry Mat is great for spreading out hot candy for cooling.)

Wish they did!!!

That's funny, 'cause someone asked me the same thing this past saturday when I set up at a booth. I also had a request about a ravioli maker.

we did have a tool for crimping the edges of pasta

Teresa Lynn said:
we did have a tool for crimping the edges of pasta
Our Pastry Cutter?

no, when I started 15 years ago we had a crimping tool sorry cant remember the name of it

for reaching out, and congratulations on your new venture with Pampered Chef! I understand your customer's request for a Candy Thermometer and I want to assure you that we do not currently carry one in our product line. However, we are always looking to expand and improve our offerings, so I will definitely pass along your customer's request to our product development team. In the meantime, I recommend checking out some of our other kitchen tools that can help with candy-making, such as our digital thermometer or our silicone candy molds. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Happy cooking!

1. How do I choose the right candy thermometer for my needs?

When selecting a candy thermometer, consider the type of candy you will be making, the temperature range required, and the accuracy of the thermometer. For harder candies, a traditional glass thermometer with a clip is recommended, while softer candies may require a digital thermometer with a probe. It is also important to choose a thermometer with a wide temperature range to accommodate different types of candy making.

2. What is the difference between a candy thermometer and a regular thermometer?

A candy thermometer is specifically designed to measure high temperatures, typically up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a longer probe to reach into deeper pots and a clip to attach it to the side of the pot for hands-free use. Regular thermometers may not have the same temperature range or features necessary for candy making.

3. Can I use a meat thermometer as a candy thermometer?

While both thermometers measure temperature, they are not interchangeable. Meat thermometers usually have a lower temperature range and are not suitable for measuring the high temperatures required for making candy. It is best to use a candy thermometer specifically designed for this purpose.

4. How do I care for and clean my candy thermometer?

To ensure the accuracy of your candy thermometer, it is important to clean and store it properly. After each use, wash the thermometer with hot, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Avoid getting water on the temperature gauge or inside the thermometer. Store the thermometer in a dry, cool place, and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a candy thermometer?

It is important to handle a candy thermometer with caution as it measures high temperatures. Use oven mitts or tongs when handling the thermometer, and avoid touching the probe or the sides of the pot while it is in use. Be sure to read the manufacturer's instructions for any specific safety precautions for your particular candy thermometer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Zsu
  • pamperdpaula
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • MissChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies