• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tips for Making Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops Successfully?

In summary, a group of people had difficulty making chocolates with thick bark and rolling them in sprinkles. Suggestions included using the small scoop, sucker sticks instead of candy, adding shortening to the bark when melting it, using pretzel sticks, and using a pastry mat. It was also mentioned that dipping chocolate is a trial and error process and that candy canes would work well for lollipops with the small scoop once they are available.
ChefJoyJ said:
If you make them in the mini muffin pan, how long do you cook them for?? Do you use a small scoop to evenly portion the batter into the muffin pans? I'm making these tomorrow to practice before my mystery host party (I'm going to wrap in cellophane with ribbon and give to my hosts).

Any tips you can offer would be great!! :D

I am going to make these for the first time this afternoon. Could someone please tell me how long to cook them in the mini muffin pan? Thanks!

Made then prior to a show I had on the Dec. 4. The came out great I spooned the chocoalate over instead of dipping, I scooped some of the edging with the soft middle using the sm. scoop then formed into a ball.
Stuck a candy cane in middle. Forgot to mention to the host not to buy the chewy mix of brownie does not form in balls it just falls apart.

But no problem with the low-fat "fudge" brownie

Brenda, did you try them in the mini muffin pan? If so, how long did you bake them, and how did they turn out? I'm practicing them today for a show I'm doing Saturday, and think the muffin pan would be sooo much easier!

No one seems to want to answer how long they'll take in the mini-muffin pan. I looked back at other brownie recipes I have for the DMMP and they say 10-12 minutes at 350. I'd just start keeping an eye on them at about 8 minutes.

I just made these, and will be bringing some to my cluster meeting tonight. I used the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan (which is now the only way I will make these - so much easier!). Here are my tips:

*I still made fudge brownies, not cakelike (2 eggs instead of three)
*Spritzed the pan with vegetable oil for easier removal
*Used the Small Scoop to fill the cups (can actually get 48 brownies with one mix)
*Baked at 350 for 15 minutes (though, 1 more minute wouldn't have hurt).
*Let cool, then inserted candy canes
*Melted almond bark (1 minute, stir, 1 minute, stir, 30 seconds, stir and use)
*Spooned the almond bark over the brownie and up the candy cane (a little), making sure to fill the whole where the candy cane is inserted.
*Placed brownies onto wax paper. I used the Small Mix & Scrape (which is also what I used to spoon on the almond bark) for stability underneath, but was actually able to use just the candy cane for most.
*Sprinkled decorations on while bark was still wet.

Things to note-
Less mess & hassle, which means a better show!
You can let the brownies cool completely before inserting the candy canes - which means you can actually bake them before you get to the host's house!
You're using the same tools (except the scoop is being used to fill the cups) PLUS the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan now
You can actually pick the lollipops up by the candy cane once the bark is hardened (it actually didn't take long - only a few minutes - for the bark to harden, maybe because the brownies were cooled).

I was dreading my show on Saturday; now I'm actually looking foward to it!

Thanks! I may try these now due to your improved directions. I know my nieces will be anxious to help make these. (...and then eat them.)​

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • PamperedSheep
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • Bluiydangl