• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Candy Pecans for Harvest Chicken Salad Demo?

In summary, the conversation is about a person planning to make Harvest Chicken Salad and wanting an easy way to candy pecans using the Sweet Caramel Sprinkle. Suggestions are given to use the sprinkle as a substitute for sugar in a peppered glazed pecan recipe, or to use the sprinkle with cashews instead. Another suggestion is to use a recipe for candied pecans without corn syrup, and to avoid using maple syrup as a substitute. The conversation also discusses the option of using plain or toasted pecans instead of candied ones for simplicity in the show.
lanelly7
I'm planning on doing the Harvest Chicken Salad tomorrow for a demo and was wondering if anyone had an easy way to candy the pecans using the Sweet Caramel Sprinkle? Can I do it in the microwave? On stoneware? In the Executive Saute Pan? Can I just use the sprinkles or would I need other ingredients? Thanks so much!

Try these and let us know. I haven't done it but thought about it:peppered Glazed Pecans
----------------------
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar (Use the sprinkles in place of the sugar.)
2 teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4-1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper (Maybe take the pepper out?)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecan halvesDirections:
1. Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, black pepper and salt in (8-in.) Sauté Pan. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Add pecans and cook, stirring constantly using Bamboo Spatula, 5-7 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and well coated with glaze, separating any that are sticking together. Spread pecans in a single layer on Parchment Paper. Cool completely.Yield: 16 servings

Take a look at the recipe for Chicken, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad. This is a way to candy cashews using the Sweet Caramel Sprinkle. I have done it for a show in the 8" saute pan. Because of the cooling time on the parchment, I did it ahead and saved some for people to taste while I "acted out" how I did it. They were delicious and so was the salad. Good luck!Sweet Caramel Cashews
2 tbsp Sweet Caramel Sprinkle
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp light corn syrup
⅛ tsp salt
1 cup cashews
Additional Sweet Caramel Sprinkle
Combine 2 tbsp caramel sprinkle, butter, corn syrup and salt in (8-in.) Sauté Pan. Stir over medium heat until
butter is melted. Add cashews and cook, stirring constantly, 5-7 minutes or until cashews are evenly browned and
syrup turns a caramel color. Spread cashews in a single layer on Parchment Paper; sprinkle with additional caramel
sprinkle. Cool completely.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g,
Protein 5 g, Sodium 115 mg, Fiber 1 g
©The

Those Sweet Caramel Cashews are really good, too. I forgot about those!

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my hands on corn syrup before the party, but maybe I can improvise...

You don't need corn syrup for candied pecans.Here is my recipe I use every single year with rave reviews. I just made them today actually on my rectangular stoneware pan. Candied Pecans
1 lb. pecan halves
1/2c sugar
1t cinnamon
1/2t salt
1 egg white
1T waterPreheat oven 225.
Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bag. Beat the egg white and water until foamy. Toss pecans in the egg white. Once coated, add pecans to the bag and shake.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.If you forget to stir, no biggie! I almost always forget once or twice.

Whatever you do, do NOT use maple syrup! My host got that for me and it was a disaster!

The easiest way to do them is not to candy them. That is what I would do. Toasted would be as nice and much easier. Or just plain raw and a quick chop with the food chopper would be good too. No one would care or chances are be even aware if you did not point it out. Keep your show simple....

1. What ingredients are needed for the Candy Pecans in the Harvest Chicken Salad Demo?

The ingredients for the Candy Pecans are: pecans, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt.

2. Can I use a substitute for pecans in the Candy Pecans recipe?

Yes, you can substitute pecans with other types of nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. However, the taste and texture may be slightly different.

3. How do I make the Candy Pecans for the Harvest Chicken Salad Demo?

To make the Candy Pecans, melt butter in a pan and add in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Then, add in the pecans and stir until they are fully coated. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool before adding them to the Harvest Chicken Salad.

4. Can I make the Candy Pecans ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Candy Pecans ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to a week. However, it is recommended to make them the day of the Harvest Chicken Salad Demo for the freshest taste.

5. Are the Candy Pecans in the Harvest Chicken Salad Demo gluten-free?

Yes, the Candy Pecans in the Harvest Chicken Salad Demo are gluten-free. However, it is always important to double-check the ingredients and labels of the products you are using to ensure they are gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jchesley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
renee.see
  • Trish1953
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies