• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happiness and Success: The Story of My Host's Sister!

In summary, Tracy's host's sister's attempt to place an order online went wrong but thanks to HO, the order was cancelled and the host received the credit. Tracy recommends that specials or orders with special instructions be placed as shows so that any adjustments can be made in P3 before submission.
otisbg
Gold Member
Had the most amazing thing happen!! My host's sister who lives out of state tried to place an order online and could not get to enter her sister's name as the host. she went ahead and placed the order (over $60.00) and I got the notification but I knew it came as an individual order. I called my host who called her sister. Her sister called HO and they cancelled the order!! I was able to then, manually enter it so my host got the credit. I am so impressed that HO did that for us....WAHHHOOOOOOOO!! Another reason that makes our company the best!:love:

That's great. I have never gotten an individual order on the website. I assumed you had to review and it import it just like a show. Good to know that it gets processed right away. No time to adjust it, etc.

Tracy, you can't import it like you can show orders, you'd just print it out & then manually enter it into P3 like it was a regular order from a show. ;)

Ok if you manually enter it then way did the op have to have ho cancel it? i am confused

What she is saying is that her hosts relative placed an order thru her website but since she did not put a host it would process as an individual order that we do not review. once they hit submit it goes directly to HO. She was able to call HO and cancel it and then resubmit thru the show......I hope that made sense.

Ok that is what I thought. But then Sheila said something about entering it manually. Basically, I just want to know so that if I ever decide to run a special (like 10% off or something) that I should have it be a show so I can make the adjustment in P3. It can't be an individual order because I won't be able to touch it once it is submitted, right?

cookingwithdawn said:
What she is saying is that her hosts relative placed an order thru her website but since she did not put a host it would process as an individual order that we do not review. once they hit submit it goes directly to HO. She was able to call HO and cancel it and then resubmit thru the show......I hope that made sense.

corrrect...there are 2 options on your website...to add the order to a show or an individual order. The customer has to click the "add to show" button and enter a host name for the order to be added to the hosts show. The 2 options are very clear but many times the order gets mixed up. The customer has to spell the hosts name just like you put it in the computer. If their name is Bob that's not a problem but if their name is Shawnna, we have a problem because even my closest friends spell my name wrong. Shawna, Shanna, Shauna, Shanda, Shonda...I always have the host spell her name correctly for me and make sure she lets everyone know how to find her. And even then there will be errors...lol

You gave such a great explanation - Shawnna - thanks. I have had this happen before and the customer always had to wait to receive the order and then call for pick-up - and in the meantime incur "2" orders charged until the one was removed. I think maybe HO realized that they were paying more for the Fedex pick-up and it was easier to just cancel the order in error. :)

Another thing that can happen...if someone leaves the order screen open too long while placing their order, and then comes back to it and refreshes the screen, it has actually timed out of a personal website and will revert back to the main HO page. Then it will be placed as an online individual order, even though the customer thinks they are placing it as part of a show.

Not that it's what happened with this order - but just pointing out another scenario for why online orders go wrong. :)

The story my host told me was that her sister was using an iPad to place the order. I have never even touched an iPad so I did not know if this is even probable, but suppossedly, the online order system is not very compatible with an iPad program and she could not get to the screen to enter the host name....Would be interested to find out if others out there have used or can use an iPad to shop online at pamperedchef.biz. :D
Linda

glad HO helped out by canceling the order! When this happened to me they would not cancel the order so it could be added to the show. The customer was not happy about that as she only ordered to help her friend. As far as I know she did not cancel the orderl it was over a year ago. Maybe policy has changed.

The same happened to me 3 times...I am wondering if there was a policy change as this was a first

I really think it depends on how quick you catch the order. If you can catch it right away (within the hour or two), I've been able to get help from PC. If it starts processing, it's too late.

1. How does the host's sister define happiness and success?

The host's sister defines happiness as a state of contentment and fulfillment, while success is achieving one's goals and feeling proud of one's accomplishments.

2. What factors contributed to the sister's happiness and success?

The sister attributes her happiness and success to her strong support system, hard work, and positive mindset.

3. Was the journey to happiness and success easy for the sister?

No, the journey was not easy for the sister. She faced many challenges and setbacks, but she persevered and kept a positive attitude.

4. How did the sister's definition of success change over time?

Initially, the sister defined success as achieving material wealth and societal recognition. However, as she grew older and wiser, she realized that true success is measured by personal fulfillment and making a positive impact on others.

5. What advice does the sister have for others seeking happiness and success?

The sister advises others to set realistic goals, surround themselves with supportive and positive people, and never give up on their dreams. She also emphasizes the importance of finding balance and taking care of one's mental and emotional well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76