1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Canadian Bridal Registry

1. Any ideas for managing a bridal registry for us Canadian Consultants? I believe they have a registry in the U.S. for the consultants to use. Doing a wedding show soon and looking for registry management ideas.

Thanks

Jan 31, 2006
  2. gojuliego

gojuliego Novice Member

All I can say

is the Welcome Wagon is a rip-off and so are the shows in Toronto where you would get these names/tip-offs. Otherwise who knows?

Jan 31, 2006
  3. Managing A Bridal Gift Registry

Sorry, my bad. Maybe I was a little unclear in my first note. I'm looking for tips on how to manage a Pampered Chef bridal gift registry?

Jan 31, 2006
  4. adventurechef

adventurechef Member

I too noticed that they had the Bridal/Wedding Registry on the U.S. PC site but not for us.

You could set up a show under the couples name and send e-invitations out to their potential wedding guests. I guess you should meet with the couple before hand and get a list of what PC products they want, then with the e-invites you could list their wish-list or have them call you for details. The one problem I see would be managing their wish-list - making sure guests know which gifts have already been bought. I don't have an easy solution except to keep good paperwork to keep track.

I hope this helped? I also hope that PC Canada has this feature soon.

Best of luck, Linda

Jan 31, 2006
  5. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

Post the couples gift registry in your NEWS section on your website that way you can keep it updated. Create a show for the couple and send out e-vites to everyone or regular invites and include the info on where to find their wedding registry. Everytime someone purchase's something for the couple take delete it from the list. Make sure to call them before deleting anything though, just to make sure which item or items are for the couple and which may be personal purchases!

As a US consultant, I do have one MAJOR gripe about the NEW Wedding registry. If the couple registers online AND have a Pampered Bride show the two can NOT be combined. If someone purchases from the online registry it is part of the Registry Rewards Catalog show, and those that purchase at the Bridal Shower then their gift is part of the Bridal Cooking Show. So you have to keep up with 2 different shows or do one or the other. I offer both and most Brides I know just want to use the Online Registry!

Feb 1, 2006
  6. thanks for your pointers everyone. I figured it was going to have to be some type of manual registry. I like the idea of posting it as a news item on my website so everyone can view it.

That is too bad about the US Bridal registry that you can't use it in combination with a Bridal Shower show - kind of defeats the purpose.

Feb 1, 2006
  7. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

I made up a wish list on Excel - figured I'd attach it in case anyone wanted it. :)

Mar 15, 2006
Have something to add?