• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Overcome My Lack of Motivation and Recruit More Effectively?

In summary, Ann is having a great year, but is facing a tough month. She has been successful without trying hard, but is facing a tough month.
baychef
Silver Member
I think I am in need for deep therapy (and I am not talking about a massage although that would be VERY useful!)

Why do I take every no, every no that I think is coming, every "unsubscribe" to my newsletter...and become personally wounded!!:mad: (the mad is at myself!!)

I am at a privital place in my business where action is needed to maintain and grow my business but I seem to be embedded in a serious pity party.

Not looking for sympathy at all because I am so upset at myself for being this way. I think I need to find my CD from Karen Phelps about pulling up my "Big Girl Panties" (sorry, Beth, I know you don't like that saying but it SO fits me right now!!)

Any tips on how any of you may have dragged yourself out of a funk?

{{{{HUGS}}}} I've been there too. I sometimes lament that I seem to attract hobbiests who can't be motivated and that my hosts have a blind eye to my suggestions on how to have a successful party. I've had months with little on the calendar and think maybe this is the end. And then I give it to God. I know. But it's true.

Then the phone rings or I get an email and things start to look up and 8 years later things still manage to work out in this "job" of mine. I may not be a star performer but my average is over $600 and I have a team that has kept me as director - never losing the title once. I've managed to never earn less than the first level of trips and even higher some years. I have been blessed.

Ann, your business is even more blessed. So put on those big girl panties and take heart! You are successful and amazing and things will be brighter tomorrow - or later today!

ETA: When someone says no, I check off one more no on my list. I thank them for their honesty and their response makes me know that, even if they never change from no, they will be a great referral at some point. When someone says remove me I thank them too and ask that they keep me in mind if they ever need anything. I say at my parties: "If you give me your email I'll send you my monthly e-newsletter and if you ever want to stop getting it just let me know. I'll be devastated for a moment but I'll get over it." They laugh and now they have permission to say remove if they ever decide they don't want to hear from me. Onward!

Sounds like you need to be at the general session this year when they talk about how great NO is!

{{{HUGS}}} Ann!

In addition to pulling up your panties, just know that I think that at one point in time or another, we've all felt this way.

I have been having a great year... Some of my best months ever in the last 6 months. And honestly, I've been doing it without trying very hard. And my *not trying very hard* has caught up with me. I am facing July with 2 shows on my calendar.. and one of those is iffy.

Today I am on the phone and will be the next 3 mornings. I've just allowed myself to be lazy... to think that things were going so well so I didn't need to put more into it... And now I'm reaping what I've sowed.

I'm not going to beat myself up about it because that's useless! I know you know that every *no* you get is not saying no to YOU... they are saying no to PC and those are two very separate things. You know that, but are choosing to take it personally for one reason or another. The reason is irrelevant... what matters is that you do something to move forward. :candyheart:

Two of the speakers at conference are the creators of Go for No. http://goforno.com/ I have their book and mp3 which I will e-mail to you next so you'll have it. It's an interesting concept and one that Sandy Pruesner is working on with her downline. It helped me look at the *no's* in a different light and not take them to heart because they are actually good. The mp3 will explain why.

Hope you feel better soon! Call me if you need to! :)

I can't remember where I read it ... probably Chef Success! ;) But this is what I tell my recruits:

When you ask people if they want more info on the business opportunity or if they are interested in hosting a show, think of it like holding out a pack of gum. If they take the stick, great! If they are not interested in your "stick of gum", should you have hurt feelings? NO! Some people will jump on the gum, some will curl their nose & then SOME won't even know that they want gum until you offer it!​

Never take no personally. When someone says no, it just means that what you are offering is not right for them. It might be "not right now" or it might be "not ever", that's okay! If everyone we encountered wanted to be a host, we wouldn't have guests! And if everyone wanted to be a consultant, we wouldn't have hosts or guests! We still need customers too.

But that concept rolls over into the customers too. How do you know that the super excited woman who requested to be on your newsletter was the one who unsubscribed? Maybe she shares an e-mail box with her hubby who has no idea why he's getting these newsletters. ;) Or maybe she figured out that the super nice woman that sits in front of her at church is a consultant & feels like she's "cheating" on her friend by being your customer. ;) You never know what's going on behind the scenes. Just rest easy in knowing that for some reason, they changed their mind and that to them, it's probably justified.

(((hugs))) sweetie!

:candyheart:THANK YOU!:candyheart:
I hesitated posting because the last gremlin said to me...there you go..posting something negative again. Gremlins:devil:stink!

As fate would have it, I drove to work since my first posting. My windshield wiper, once again, slipped out of the metal while it was raining so luckily, the auto repair guy is on my way to work. There was a sign in his shop that I copied down. It will soon be a sign on my desk....

A bad attitude is like a flat tire...
You are not going far until you change it

IS THAT NOT PERFECT? That was "my sign". I am not an overly religious person but these are signs to me that someone is there helping me to lift my foot to kick my arse for me!!!:D

That's great Ann! I love those "God Moments". And people don't think he's speaking to us anymore!!

baychef said:
:candyheart:THANK YOU!:candyheart:
I hesitated posting because the last gremlin said to me...there you go..posting something negative again. Gremlins:devil:stink!

As fate would have it, I drove to work since my first posting. My windshield wiper, once again, slipped out of the metal while it was raining so luckily, the auto repair guy is on my way to work. There was a sign in his shop that I copied down. It will soon be a sign on my desk....

A bad attitude is like a flat tire...
You are not going far until you change it

IS THAT NOT PERFECT? That was "my sign". I am not an overly religious person but these are signs to me that someone is there helping me to lift my foot to kick my arse for me!!!:D

Love it! :cool:

baychef said:
I think I am in need for deep therapy (and I am not talking about a massage although that would be VERY useful!)

Why do I take every no, every no that I think is coming, every "unsubscribe" to my newsletter...and become personally wounded!!:mad: (the mad is at myself!!)

I am at a privital place in my business where action is needed to maintain and grow my business but I seem to be embedded in a serious pity party.

Not looking for sympathy at all because I am so upset at myself for being this way. I think I need to find my CD from Karen Phelps about pulling up my "Big Girl Panties" (sorry, Beth, I know you don't like that saying but it SO fits me right now!!)

Any tips on how any of you may have dragged yourself out of a funk?

Anne,
This describes my day, no my month (or two or three) perfectly. If fact now instead of starting my own thread, I am just going to read this one! Thanks it is so nice to know I am not alone in this feeling.;)

LOVE that saying! I've never heard it before but it's so freaking true!!! Glad that it entered your life just when you needed inspiration the most. ;)

I totally get it. When someone unsubscribes, I frequently feel the need to figure out who they are and obsess about "why they don't like me". LOL!
So, yeah, I get it.
I must agree with everyone else's comments and I LOVE that quote!!
:D

I just sent out my June newsletter (yep...right on the ball!!) and I had a teacher at my school unsubscribe. I happened to see her today and told her I was sad to see her not subscribing and she apologized and did not want me take it personal. She gets about 60 e-mails a day and yesterday she unsubscribed to several sites yesterday. She said she doesn't cook (and she is skinny and cute:grumpy:LOL!!) I told her not to worry and just keep me in mind if she needs anything. She wants me to keep her posted with specials in her mail box.

And I have had many unsubscribe that I have no order history so I am deleting them entirely from my database (I am starting my 11th year!! Not deleting many. Some are out of state, etc.

I made a little poster for my office. I wanted more than a picture of a flat tire. I wanted to show a woman that is obviously is inconvenienced and to remind myself that to change that tire she has to do something she doesn't want to do that is out of her comfort zone. She may even have to get a little dirty!! I may have to add to it...SHE had to put on her big girl panties to fix her flat!!

Attachments

• A bad attitude is like a flat tire.doc
    277 KB · Views: 281
LOL! Super cute!!! :D

I am in the same boat. My sales are great, my team is mostly hobbyists, and I will probably lose directorship next month after 10years. Many Many Many of them (I have a team of about 18) are fed up with the constant push to recruit, and at least 4 are leaving because of it (and they don't even know each other, so it's not that they talk to each other). They all "LOVE YOU" (me), just are sick of getting emails and promotions about recruiting recruiting recruiting. My recruiting is in a huge slump too--recruited 5 in the last 4 months and NONE of them are qualifying--and I've not changed anything I am doing. I am always encouraging and positive....it's hard. Praying that NC motivates me because right now I am NOT motivated at all.

Nanisu said:
I am in the same boat. My sales are great, my team is mostly hobbyists, and I will probably lose directorship next month after 10years. Many Many Many of them (I have a team of about 18) are fed up with the constant push to recruit, and at least 4 are leaving because of it (and they don't even know each other, so it's not that they talk to each other). They all "LOVE YOU" (me), just are sick of getting emails and promotions about recruiting recruiting recruiting. My recruiting is in a huge slump too--recruited 5 in the last 4 months and NONE of them are qualifying--and I've not changed anything I am doing. I am always encouraging and positive....it's hard. Praying that NC motivates me because right now I am NOT motivated at all.
Let's talk about this... I'm going to start a new thread... http://www.directorchefsuccess.com/showthread.php?p=32757#post32757

1. Why do I need to preheat my oven before using Pampered Chef bakeware?

Preheating your oven ensures that your bakeware will reach the desired temperature for even and efficient baking. This also helps to prevent over or undercooked dishes.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef bakeware in the microwave?

No, our bakeware is not designed to be used in the microwave. It is intended for use in conventional ovens only.

3. How do I clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

To clean stoneware, use a scraper to remove any excess food, then rinse with warm water. Avoid using soap, as it can absorb into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food. If needed, you can use a small amount of baking soda or a mild detergent, but be sure to rinse thoroughly.

4. Can I place my Pampered Chef stoneware in the dishwasher?

While some of our stoneware is dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of your bakeware. The harsh detergents and high heat of a dishwasher can cause damage to the stoneware.

5. How do I know which Pampered Chef bakeware to use for different recipes?

We have a variety of bakeware options for different types of recipes. Our website and catalog provide guidance on which bakeware is best for specific dishes. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamela
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
tupachef
  • Tammie Allen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef