• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Sharpen a Pampered Chef Can Opener?

In summary, you can sharpen a Pampered Chef can opener, but it is not recommended as it may damage the blade. The can opener does not require regular sharpening and is designed to stay sharp for a long time. It is not recommended to use any type of sharpener on the can opener, and it is best to replace it when it becomes dull. Signs that it may be time to replace the can opener include a decrease in performance and jagged edges on the can. It is not recommended to sharpen the can opener yourself as it may damage the high-quality stainless steel blade.
sarahsworld2000
Hi Ladies-
I did my first show last night! I had a guest ask me about her smooth-edge can opener. She wanted to know if there was a way to sharpen the cutting blade as it is getting worn down. Do any of you know if you can do that?
Thanks! Sarah

the can opener is not cutting anything, it is unhinging the top of the can, so there is no need to sharpen it

Don't think it can. If it's under warranty have her return it, if not she'll have to get a new one.

flemings99 said:
Don't think it can. If it's under warranty have her return it, if not she'll have to get a new one.

This is her best bet. . .see if it still under guarantee.

They do get dull after awhile. I think this is especially true if you purchase mostly cheaper canned goods (like I do). Not sure why that's the case. The opener doesn't cut the metal but it does cut the glue.

she needs to get the newly redesigned one. the new one creates a tighter hold and will open any can the first time around!

THey only last about 2 1/2 to 3 years; hoping the new one lasts longer.

Sometimes they get gunk built up and just need to go into the dishwasher. I've had one for years and it's still going strong.

Never thought about gunk buildup. Good hint. Thanks!

1. Can you sharpen a Pampered Chef can opener?

Yes, you can sharpen a Pampered Chef can opener. However, it is not recommended as it may damage the blade and affect its performance. It is best to replace the can opener when it becomes dull.

2. How often should I sharpen my Pampered Chef can opener?

The Pampered Chef can opener does not require regular sharpening. It is designed to stay sharp for a long time. If you notice a decrease in performance, it may be time to replace the can opener.

3. Can I use any type of sharpener on my Pampered Chef can opener?

No, it is not recommended to use any type of sharpener on the Pampered Chef can opener. The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel and using a sharpener may damage it. It is best to replace the can opener when it becomes dull.

4. How do I know when it is time to replace my Pampered Chef can opener?

If you notice that your can opener is not cutting smoothly or is leaving jagged edges on the can, it may be time to replace it. Additionally, if you have been using the can opener for a long time and it is no longer performing as well as it used to, it may be time for a new one.

5. Can I sharpen my Pampered Chef can opener myself?

It is not recommended to sharpen your Pampered Chef can opener yourself. The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel and using a sharpener may damage it. It is best to replace the can opener when it becomes dull.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Mitzyz
Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
  • pc_momof3
  • Products and Tips
Replies