• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This the Angriest Pampered Chef Customer Ever?

In summary, the woman is unhappy with her Pampered Chef pans because she feels they break too easily and she does not think the company is willing to replace them. The pans in question are Generation II and were discontinued 1.5-2 years ago. The class action threat is about par for someone who also says to look on the website for Gen II cookware, in a post dated this Dec 2007 and Gen II is already discontinued. The woman also complains about the can opener and says she wants to bop the woman on the head with the pan.
Things like that really get me so crazy. Pampered Chef would help her in a second if she could only prove the purchase with a receipt or a definitive time when she purchased it. UGH!

That's weak! People will sue over anything....ugh, that irritates me!

It's also Gen2 and that didn't have a lifetime warranty. Also, did you see how high the flames were on that EMPTY pan? No wonder the handle cracked.

ChefLisa said:
Things like that really get me so crazy. Pampered Chef would help her in a second if she could only prove the purchase with a receipt or a definitive time when she purchased it. UGH!

Of course, if she took time to look it up or ask, she would have realized that the Generation II cookware only came with a 2-year guarantee & she says herself on the video that it's a 3-year-old pan.

You caught that about the guarantee at the same time as me, Linda!

First off, a class action lawsuit is defined as:The procedure for filing a class action is to file suit with one or several named plaintiffs on behalf of a proposed class. The proposed class must consist of a group of individuals or business entities that have suffered a common injury or injuries. Typically these cases result from an action on the part of a business or a particular product defect or policy that applied to all proposed class members in a uniform manner.Secondly, Generation II was discontinued 1.5-2 years ago. IT IS GUARANTEED FOR 2 @(#&%$&#$ YEARS, so why does she think she should get a new piece just because she broke hers? It seems to me that to "know" the issues with a piece in that much detail means she kept using it after it broke. I don't have Gen II, but I would think that in order to get that type of crack as well as the water in the handle, she is putting it in the dishwasher which is EXACTLY what not to do!Sorry, I have no patience for people who think they know better than others and for people who don't have to follow the rules.

I just don't understand why people EXPECT Pampered Chef to replace everything and anything that breaks. They would never expect WalMart or Macy's to replace a $20 pan (that you abused!) after 3 years.....people never cease to amaze me.

Thanks for posting that! It is funny, esp when you read the YouTube comments below.

The class action threat is about par for someone who also says to look on the website for Gen II cookware, in a post dated this Dec 2007 and Gen II is already discontinued.

RIDICULOUS! Class action lawsuit! HA!

We haven't had generation II in a while and I was always very happy with it and never burned my hand or had a cracked handle. Plus there was only a 1 year guarantee on it anyway! Some people are so sue happy. She probably cracked it herself and just wanted something to complain about!

Last edited:
What a winner - she created an account to post that...

Doesn't know her stuff...it was discontinued awhile ago...

...and saying she isn't editing it, but it cuts in and out...class action - yeah right...and she probably cracked it by doing something like dropping it or hitting someone with it!

dianevill said:
Here, watch this one. It's much cuter...

YouTube - Pampered Chef - 002

P.S. I want to bop that lady on the head with the pan.

I saw that one, very cute with the girls showing off.

Not so cute is the other one, cat on the counter using the smooth-edge can opener. Eeewww! I have cats, but not on my counter tops!

Although, having tried to talk a few customers through the can opener over the phone, an online video would be great!

This makes me sick:(

I tell everyone to keep receipts and I bet she was told too

She should have remembered who her consultant was if not at least her host was - then she would have told her who the consultant was.

I tell everyone at the show about the receipts. I stamp the receipts with the stamper from Nancy's Artwork about put your receipt under your silverware tray. I offer them a file folder for them to keep receipts in and then I send a Thank You letter with a business card attached

I believe she was PMS-ing and had nothing better to do than to get her camcorder out to show off.:p

Sorry to be so sound rude to her

~

OK, this lady is a REAL piece of work! Her blog links to the umbrella story!

Her blog links to the umbrella story!

Hmmm? I couldn't get farther than

"(Why I Must Cling to Mr. Nim) "

I believe she was PMS-ing and had nothing better to do than to get her camcorder out to show off.

I was wondering how long it took to shoot that video and post it.

Yeah...check out this rant...how much you want to bet she Googled "Pampered Chef" and called a consultant not HO!

From some warped chic said:
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Pampered Chef Burns My Hand and Chaps My Hide
Oh, The Pampered Chef. I wanted to like you and I really did try. I spent too much money on your baking stones because some WAHM was hawking them (Faberware has them for pennies on the dollar - apparently they're not too special to see at Linens and Things).

I bought a really great cutting board from you and contained my rage when it came with a Made In China sticker on it. $69 my ass.

Today's problem is a big one though and it involves my burnt hand and your lack of business acumen. I get that it's a company that runs based on a lot of women with no business experience whatsoever paying you dues and fees to sell stuff that can be bought elsewhere for less to friends that will soon grow sick of them.

Really. I understand the business model and so does the FTC.

And I get that you're not corporate America. You're different, any of the "managers" would tell me a million ways you're different.

I hope you have a lot of liability insurance. I hope you're not that different.

See this pan? I'm sure a lot of people own it. The pan isn't bad, per se but the handle is.

Do you see the white on my stainless? It's where the water was boiling and steaming out of my pan handle.

You see, the handle cracks.

And then when you wash it and submerge it in water the handle is hollow.

So it fills up with water.

And then when you're cooking and you grab the plastic handle that is supposed to stay cool you get a burn from the steam.

It's sort of like grabbing the spout of a teapot. It really hurts and it's confusing because you're grabbing plastic and you don't expect to get burned. My mother said to just throw it out. I said, "no way, this is poorly designed and it should be recalled".

But then again, it's The Pampered Chef so you can expect to get burned pretty badly.

It takes about 20 minutes on average if you call them at 888-687-2433 but if you google Pampered Chef and come up with their direct line you'll get someone on the line super dee duper quick.

But then they'll ask you when you bought it, where's the receipt (really? It's ****ing frying pan, am I supposed to hold onto that receipt?) and then when I tell them that I'm not digging through my files for a receipt for a poorly designed product the idiots tell me that it's because they want to be sure it's not bought off eBay.

Okay, Pampered Chef. I didn't buy it off of eBay. Now that I'm thinking about it I believe it was purchased at a house party in Bel Air, CA. But, had I bought it off of eBay I'd be no less burnt.

Further when I look at your website I see that the handle is being used in the entire Generation Two collection.

I know I'm not part of your company, I'm neither a hostess nor a representative. I'm just a chick a who cooks but I'd like to offer you a little advice.

1. Don't be dismissive of people who call, you might get them angry enough to call to call one of these guys. (I'm real close)
2. When someone asks for a supervisor 24-48 hours is not an acceptable amount of time for a callback.
3. When I offer to email you a picture of the offending item that does not mean it's time for you to hang up.

Honestly, this is why MLM and network marketing is flawed. They're too busy protecting their ability to sell in a completely outdated manner to be bothered running a real business.

And you are not a manager if you sell shit for Pampered Chef, you're a chick who fleeced a bunch of women who used to be your friends.

*And yes, I have reported it to the CPSC and I would hope that everyone with the Generation II (Generation 2) cookware set will do the same.

** I also had to update this post and get rid of any links to The Pampered Chef because there were too many cookies (just from their links, gah) Tip o' the hat to Rosie

Posted by Sue Doe-Nim at 8:42 PM | Links to this post

Labels: Pampered Chef, She's Screeching Again, Shopping

Wow!

A big part of me thinks that she has a great amount of pent-up rage....and that PC isn't the only thing in life that ticks her off.

I don't think I'd like to be her neighbor.

Ditto that one Becky!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow!

A big part of me thinks that she has a great amount of pent-up rage....and that PC isn't the only thing in life that ticks her off.

I don't think I'd like to be her neighbor.

I believe you are correct!

Her blog pretty much reflects a constant cynical attitude and mocking almost everyone she comes in contact with!

I'd hate to be in her shoes, not a happy woman... :rolleyes:

There are reason things are discontinued and made better. She was probably outraged by the price of the cookware now and it throwing a fit about it. Try to get Target or Walmart to take a pan back 3 years after you bought it!

Does anyone have the product use and care card for the Gen II cookware?

I don't own any of them - I gave my sister the one pan I did have for a birthday gift - at the time I received the cookware over two years ago - I had a good set of cookware - well at the time i did - now I own the Executive cookware and that is the best - well in my own opinion.

I am just wondering - for the handle to have that much water in it - did she put it in the dishwasher - is it dishwasher safe?

This just burns my ' aihfuah;ahfu f; '

Maybe I should sue her for making me soooooo ' burned up about this '

~

whiteyteresa, I was wondering about the use & care also.

My MIL had Gen II pans and put them in her dishwasher.
They were fine....

I wish discontinued PIG was on the website.

Wow!! She doesn't even seem to like her friends that invited her to the party(s) that she attended. If she hates it that much maybe she should start saying, "no, I will not be able to come to your party." How hard is that?!

Do ya'll like the way she puts us, consultants, down? We're apparently drinking the kool-aid and we're in-experienced people shoving products they don't want down our friends throats. I wonder how the company is going to handle her. I'm sure we'll hear about it on her web posts. If it were me, I would leave the heifer alone and let her rage burn out.

Here is my comment to her: It would have been a lot longer, but I was limited to 500 characters.

I'm sorry you had this experience w/a PC product. Unfortunately this video proves you are not following the Use & Care Guide received with your pan. Example: "If cooking on a gas range, adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the sides of the pan" and "Do not leave empty cookware on a hot burner or allow to boil dry as over-heating may damage the pan." It also states to periodically check that the handles and knobs are secure by re-tightening the screw should they loosen in use.

Do ya'll like the way she puts us, consultants, down?

Wonder how she'd feel about a class action libel suit? lol

What a winner! Someone like that has no business in the kitchen to begin with. Imagine what she'd do if you told her you didn't like something she cooked. Go after you with the forged cutlery? lol

I think the you-tube lady is friends with the idiot who burned herself with the McDonald's HOT coffee. Duh!!! Makes us just want to smack them in the head "v-8 moment". Hee Hee!!!

Good response Rhonda.

I joined You Tube to respond to her. I did show some sympathy but explained that there are those out there that like to defraud the company. I too had to edit and dumb down my response because of the 500 character limit.

Things I noticed in the video...is that marble countertop AND backsplash? Apparently she spends her money differently. I will have to check out her negative blogs.

Do I feel her frustration? Yes. By some of the responses to her, she just seems to enjoy getting fired up even more so I took a different approach.

What PO's me is that people don't read the return policy which I think should be promoted at every show. Just a brief mention, but let customers know that if they have any problems, that is why it is important to take my business card so they can call me.

Two comments about the PC return policy: First I wish they would put back on the receipt that products to be returned are not to be given to consultants. I do take them and assist, but I just wish that was on there OR give us a clear picture of what PC expects our role in returns to be. That way, it is crystal clear even though I will not change my way of doing things. It just leaves us swinging in the breeze with no clear direction.

The second is there certificate of guarentee...'The Pampered Chef guarantees that customers will be completely satisfied with its products." Obviously, you can not make everyone happy...especially people like this crabby appleton!

There have been several class action lawsuits filed against PC over the years. It's bound to happen to every company who sells a product. I saw this a few weeks ago on You Tube but just ignored it. Clearly this lady has major issues.Consumers have rights, they also have responsibilities. She seems to have forgotten about the latter.What WE can do as consultants is know our policies... know our guarantees... know our products. I just read through this entire thread and the guarantee on the G2 was misquoted by a consultant. How are our customers supposed to get the correct info, if we aren't even right? It's OUR responsibility to know the correct info. With that, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE refer to Consultant's Corner, the policies and procedures and Home Office for information. I LOVE Chef Success but there are too many who come here for answers and are given (or giving) incorrect info that the question asker takes as correct when a quick look at the policies would answer the same thing. This is a message board for advice and ideas... not policy. Please keep that in mind.The good news is that we all so have many loyal customers who LOVE PC, love us as consultants and love our products. Clearly this woman is in the minority of being disappointed. Plus, her bad karma will come around to bite her in her hiney someday.

She is a nut.

I had to post a comment back to her too! I had to edit mine quite a bit...didn't realize the 500 character count till after my long winded post wouldn't go through!! LOL

Here's what I posted:

ANY non-stick cookware is NOT to be used with such high heat! The flames from the stove were coming up the sides and out so the handle could over heat. YOU are the one who has caused the handle to crack, and then allow water to be trapped inside the handle.
These particular pans held a two year guarantee, and aren't even in the Pampered Chef line anymore. So many people in this country who want someone else to pay for something THEY have done wrong. Take some responsibility and buy a new pan.

I agree with others...she certainly is NOT a happy person. In that respect, I feel sorry for her.

I googled her and read her blog. She is a kook and also a HUGE name-dropper (my biggest pet-peeve!). Clearly she's a globber-oner to people she terms "famous" (so famous she can't mention their names) and thinks acting this way makes her look important. If she wants to be known for something, she should go do some good in the world, not get known by putting down others. Oh well.... some people just don't get it... and she's one of them!

finley1991 said:
I googled her and read her blog. She is a kook and also a HUGE name-dropper (my biggest pet-peeve!). Clearly she's a globber-oner to people she terms "famous" (so famous she can't mention their names) and thinks acting this way makes her look important. If she wants to be known for something, she should go do some good in the world, not get known by putting down others. Oh well.... some people just don't get it... and she's one of them!

Fun reading huh? It was depressing...

Everyone is too skinny, doesn't control their kids, spends too much time at the gym, on and on and on...

Like Becky said earlier...SHE has issues and doesn't lead a happy life...and misery loves company!

This will give you more insight into her:

http://bloginterviewer.com/womens-issues/sue-doe-marries-john-nim-nim

She is just looking to feed her ego and the more we respond, the more she has to fire back at...best to let HO handle her at this point.

Her other blog shows a troubled life over the last 5-10 years. She had a lot of mixed, pent-up emotions and hurt to get out. She needs professional help, not a new pan.

Last edited:
If she would have called ME or the consultant who sold her the pan, I'm sure we could have helped her and made sure she got a new pan. Instead she must go defame our company. She is crazy.

Have you noticed that she hasn't replied back to anyones response.

~

I am pretty sure if she purchased the item under her name, then Pampered Chef has a receipt. I had a lady with no receipt get a 6 year old item replaced that had a 1 year warranty. It was only the lid set, but still this doesn't seem right.

I am not going to do the investigating for this one...

If one of you have her name and we know where she thinks she bought it, then they should have a record.

Unless...she bought it under someone elses name or discount to save $4 shipping.

But the fact is it has a 2 year warranty. Pampered Chef doesn't have to do anything if it is expired. Who knows? Her skillet could be 12 years old and she's been cooking on high and... dishwashing it all along!

Why should Pampered Chef pay for product abuse?

what a sad, sad lady and what a sad, sad life she is leading......shows that money cannot buy happiness:(

That lady has serious issues! It's kind of sad, yet very disturbing to think that there are people out there that can be so self centered. I personally think she only blogs to get feedback of any kind (sort of like a child who does not get the attention at home and will act out just to get the negative attention). Sad, very sad.

ErinB and Janet...you both hit the nail on the head with this poor soul. Leave her be in her own shallow little world. That is why I did not post anything that was something she could get mad at. I deal with people who are irrate and those who want confrontation all of the time. The secret is to not bite into their game, respond with understanding and fact. That ticks them off more than going off on them!
I didn't waste too much time reading her blog. She is so full of herself that anything we say is going to make us look bad. We care not only for PC but many other important issues in life. She is looking for an outlet to feel important (ie. "blog to feed my ego"). There is NOTHING wrong with being a house wife, but she is one person that needs something important to do while the children are in school.
She is someone that will probably not call PC, but make it her life mission to put PC down in a public forum. Don't respond to this air bag.(actually, that is a compliment to her....an air bag has a purpose in life).

It appears that she also is deleting comments that she doesn't like. I posted to her earlier this morning and it's no longer there, so are several others that were posted.....hmmmm......a real piece of work that woman is.......

She is blocking posters too. I tried to post again to call her on the fact that she's deleting posts and my reply didn't post. I don't know how everything works with that site, but it appears that you can block certain ID's from posting. Guess she didn't like what I had to say the first time so she barred me from saying anything else. Oh well. We know she's full of it. If she get's her high off of putting others down then she truly is a sad sad person. Too bad we will probably never know what/if HO even gives her the time of day. I doubt they will.

I iust saw your comment on there, Linda.

I couldn't help it. I did respond to her and this is what I wrote:

"If you called today they are closed. Because I want to help you I am e-mailing your issue to PC. I know you are disturbed that these pans are on the market but I have never seen this problem and my mother has had hers for 8 years now with no problems. I am not being sarcastic, but what would make you a satisfied customer?"

Her answers about what her resolution could be is not clear...because she wants to run PC down (along with the rest of the world!!). So I am calling her bluff.. I will e-mail PC and I am anxiously awaiting her words of wisdom on what WOULD make her happy. If she just wants to put down PC, then she needs to say so and quit her whining. Her whining is music to her own ears and makes her feel important in her unimportant world.

She needs to take up a real cause with her mouth and money. Help someone in this world instead of crabbing about everything in the world and trying to make people like her....miserable.

baychef said:
I iust saw your comment on there, Linda.
I don't see it. I replied under the user-name 'adnileed'. I replied to this comment that she made (asking her why she felt the need to delete postings):

"thanks to all the Pampered Chef ladies who gave me low ratings and angry comments.

I can't respond to them because um too busy pitying you.

xoxo
Sue "

I also commented earlier this morning about her usage of the pan and the warranty and it's gone.....guess I'm not her list of friends.....which would be a good thing!

My post is gone too! Funny when we show how wrong she is she deletes it!!

Ha, I just reposted mine! Not that I care if she reads it. It's for the other people that view her video.

Last edited:
I think she blocked you. I clicked on her name because I sent the link to PC and wanted her name. There is an area where you can block people. I HIGHLY doubt if she has spoken to a zillion people at PC. She just is an unhappy person and wants others to get PO's. Me...I like to get to the problem, which is her, I am sure. Her nasty comment about "pitying you" is meant to be the snobbish shallow person she is. A role she enjoys. Perhaps a consultant pissed her off. I am going to put her name out to the loops that I know of in an effort to put her in the spotlight that she so enjoys. "penis"roaches and rats run for cover when the light comes on!!

pampchefrhondab said:
My post is gone too! Funny when we show how wrong she is she deletes it!!
Makes her look better that way. :yuck:

She knows that we know that she's full of it. And, I really don't think she will sway customers anyhow. She is unhappy and just wants to rant. She feels the need to make herself superior to pretty much everything and everyone else (glance through her blog if you really need a good barf! :yuck: ) She must be a very unhappy person to feel the need to spew so much venom. Sad, very sad.

baychef said:
I think she blocked you. I clicked on her name because I sent the link to PC and wanted her name. There is an area where you can block people. I HIGHLY doubt if she has spoken to a zillion people at PC. She just is an unhappy person and wants others to get PO's. Me...I like to get to the problem, which is her, I am sure. Her nasty comment about "pitying you" is meant to be the snobbish shallow person she is. A role she enjoys. Perhaps a consultant pissed her off. I am going to put her name out to the loops that I know of in an effort to put her in the spotlight that she so enjoys. "penis"roaches and rats run for cover when the light comes on!!
I think you are right. I thought about creating another ID so I could post to her, but it's really not worth it. She'd probably like it if I did so she could have the pleasure of deleting me again - I'm not going to give that to her.

I highly doubt HO will give her more than a glance either. Can you imagine how many others like her would come out of the woodwork and want something for free? However, if you hear back about it, let us know.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Estelene Nichols
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPeg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • sburnside