1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Can you REALLY leave your full-time job???

1. Hello all! I am currently out of work receiving disability for 3 months. I will not be able to return to work for at least 6 months even if I am completly healed. (I may not be able to return at all, but I REALLY do not want to.) I used to sell PC, but stopped because I had a really pushy director.

I have now resigned, and I am super excited to begin again!!! Is it really possible to make $1,000-$1,250 a month in commissions after just a short time? I was never that successful the first time but was only doing it for fun. When the pushy director made it not so fun anymore, I quit.

I have 3 months of partial paychecks to get my business restarted, but I am not sure that is enough time to really get it off the ground. I just signed my agreement today, and I do have 7 shows scheduled for September. I am still a little concerned though.

Any help or advice?

Thanks SO much!
    Rebecca

Aug 28, 2009
  2. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

Book, Book, Book, and yes it is VERY POSSIBLE. Best advice, invite EVERYONE to join you, the quicker you build a team, the more you make!!
    Work on your story, give people your WHY, and then give them the vision as well!!
    Welcome back and good luck!

Aug 28, 2009
  3. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm a hobby consultant for the most part (I do have one recruit). I bring home $4-500 per month on only about 4 shows per month (when I do my calendar). It isn't hard. Every person I have talked to who has made it a full time job tells me that I need to pick it up a notch- recruit more and have at least 6 shows a month. I know people who have done that and pay bills with it. You just have to step yourself up to it :)

Aug 28, 2009
  4. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I believe you can do it. I have been a consultant for 4 years and was doing PC part time. When we closed our business, I decided to try and do it FT. 7 shows is a great start! My advice (this is what I have done):

*If someone says no to a cooking show, ask them "Would you mind doing a book party?" When I say "catalog show" I get a different reaction than book party.

*Also get a PWS, that will help.

*Ask your friends to send out an email with your website link. You could do the email and ask them to forward it to their friends.

*Start recruiting. Even with a few team members your pay will increase.

GOOD LUCK!

Aug 28, 2009
  5. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

I'll be the psychologist....Why was she pushy? If she was pushy, then can you "push" people to do their best? Was the director your ONLY reason for leaving? I'm not saying you can't do this. I just seems like you might want to be honest with yourself as to what made you feel uncomforable before. What do you expect of your director now and have you told her.

I have a difficult time being consistent enough to pay bills. So one month I do four shows (my goal) and then two and then six. Work out a system to insure that you are consistently do the number you decide you need to do. Post your "why" so that you remember always.

Good luck!!!!

Aug 28, 2009
  6. If you really work your Pampered Chef Business, you will make money. Just make sure that you you are consistent. Also sending your host a host packet, will help you to get started (Include the wish list, 4 catalogs, and you want all the addresses of the people who will be at the show). I think its a great business to be in and will really help you in the future. If you set yourself up to be successful now. You might be able to quit your full-time job later. Research, research, and do do!

Aug 30, 2009
  7. blueberrylady

blueberrylady Member Gold Member

Dufferent kind of question: If your company finds out you are doing PC on the side while on disability, do you have to pay it back?

I have been on disability 2x while with my 9 years of PC; for 5 months off during cancer treatment, someone did a catalog show or 2 each month to keep me active *don't forget to ask the nurses/doctor/receptionist*

on my second disability, I did catalog shows just enough to keep active, but my full time job was in jeopardy by doing that, including paying back the disability $$. :yuck:

Aug 30, 2009
  8. Thanks to all for your answers.

blueberrylady- I am currently on "light duty" at the drs office, but my company does not allow for light duty. If you are not 100%, you cannot go to work.

beepampered- My old director held meetings 1 1/2 hours away from my house and would be very upset if I was not there. I worked a full-time job and had a small baby. After missing 2 meetings and only holding 2-4 shows a month, she told me that I was a waste of her time. She would not be calling me back because she had others that were willing to work harder than me, and she would be spending her time on them. I have explained this to my new director, and we have discussed what I need to suuceed.

Aug 31, 2009
  9. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

WOW...as a director I feel like I have to apologize for her rude behavior! Can't believe someone would be that rude. Glad you have a new director.

Other than that, I work full time so I am of no help!

Aug 31, 2009
Have something to add?