• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Word Out of These Letters?

In summary, Beth found a word using all the letters of the alphabet. Tonight, DS is trying to do the same.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I need help with DS's homework. Tonight is build a word night and we have to see how many words we can make out of these letters. There is always a word that you can make with all the letters. Tonight I can't figure it out. The letters are: P I N E T A R S

btw - this is first grade homework :yuck:

pamperedlinda said:
I need help with DS's homework. Tonight is build a word night and we have to see how many words we can make out of these letters. There is always a word that you can make with all the letters. Tonight I can't figure it out. The letters are: P I N E T A R S

Here's the word: painters

pamperedlinda said:

Oh I miss first grade homework:(

Pine
Tar
pin
pint
star
Net

Very good, Beth! I just found this thread and was going to write the same! It took me a few minutes but I got it!

thanks! I finally got it too. sometimes you have to step away for a few minutes.

What's wrong with pinetar? It's a derivitive of pine pitch. Baseball players use it to improve the grip on their bats - which seems appropriate because someone pitches to them.If a player has multiple suppliers, he has pinetars.
lol_xtreme.gif

I was just thinking the same thing, KG! You need to tell his teacher that "pinetars" is a word too! LOL!

ESTRANIP might have been more fun.No, maybe not. That sounds like the name of an over-the-counter, low dose, female hormone.

The others mentioned, plus:
Art
Paint
Pain
Nets
Nest
Pin
Pins
Part
Parts
Pet
Pets
Nip
Nap
Tip
Tin
Rip

Di_Can_Cook said:
The others mentioned, plus:
Art
Paint
Pain
Nets
Nest
Pin
Pins
Part
Parts
Pet
Pets
Nip
Nap
Tip
Tin
Rip

Great start...the assignment is to see how many words you can make (we stopped at 40) and then all the letters form a word.

For future reference: http://www.hasbro.com/games/adult-games/scrabble/home.cfm?page=home ;)

Yeah, I can just see him using the site and turning in 375 words! LOL!

You and you can do pertains with all the letters. (I did that without help). :)

Okay, I just have to ask this.....is this something he is supposed to be doing on his own?:confused::p

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, I can just see him using the site and turning in 375 words! LOL!

The teacher would HAVE to give him extra credit for being smart enough to do that!!! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay, I just have to ask this.....is this something he is supposed to be doing on his own?:confused::p

not completely. We work with him. He does as many as he can. We usually start with one-letter words and build from there. The word using all the letters is DH's quest :) DS thinks it cool to be able to make a word with all the letters.

pamperedlinda said:
not completely. We work with him. He does as many as he can. We usually start with one-letter words and build from there. The word using all the letters is DH's quest :) DS thinks it cool to be able to make a word with all the letters.

I gave you two choices above. :D

pristane. painters. repaints. pantries. pertains.
text twist is my all time favorite game.
i play it on my phone constantly.
i justify it by saying it helps my brain.

1. Can you make a word out of any combination of letters?

Yes, it is possible to make a word out of any combination of letters. However, it may not always be a recognized English word.

2. How do you make a word out of these letters?

To make a word out of a given set of letters, you can try rearranging them to form different combinations. You can also use a word unscrambler tool for assistance.

3. Is there a limit to the number of letters you can use to make a word?

No, there is no limit to the number of letters you can use to make a word. You can use as many or as few letters as you like, as long as they can be rearranged to form a valid word.

4. Can I use proper nouns to make a word out of these letters?

Yes, you can use proper nouns to make a word out of a given set of letters. However, it may not always be a recognized English word.

5. Is there a time limit for making a word out of these letters?

No, there is no time limit for making a word out of a set of letters. Take your time to rearrange and form different combinations until you come up with a valid word.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pchockeymom