• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Freeze it! How to Make Your Food Last Longer

In summary, freezing food helps it last longer by slowing down the growth of bacteria and preserving nutrients and flavor. Most types of food can be frozen, but it is important to use containers specifically designed for freezing. The length of time that food can be kept in the freezer varies, with meats and prepared dishes lasting 3-4 months and vegetables and fruits lasting 8-12 months. It is not recommended to refreeze thawed food as it can increase the risk of foodborne illness. Leftovers should be cooked and eaten within 1-2 days.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Can you freeze it? Everytime I buy it it winds up going bad before I use it and when I need it I don't have any.

I heard, wrapping it in aluminum foil makes it last a long time...how long i dont know sorry:eek: I do know that freezing it will ruin it.

Wrap it in wet paper towel. It will stay fresh longer:)

Keep it in ice water in the fridge - you'll need to change the water every 2-3 days. Or, if it is limp from being in the fridge, place it in a bowl of mostly ice and some water. It should perk right up! I don't think it is freezer-safe...it is too delicate for the ice crystals that would form...it would just come out like water and raffia.

CeleryI freeze mine all the time with no problem because I use it in dishes that have to be cooked.
What I do is buy stuff when I get a good buy so I may buy20 celery and put in the freezer. Some I leave whole others I cut.:) :)

What type of container do you freeze it in?

CeleryI put mine in freezer bags and label them.:) :) :)

1. How does freezing food help it last longer?

Freezing food slows down the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms that can cause food to spoil. It also helps preserve the nutrients and flavor of the food.

2. What types of food can be frozen?

Most types of food can be frozen, including fruits, vegetables, meats, and prepared dishes. However, some foods, such as lettuce and cucumbers, do not freeze well and may become mushy when thawed.

3. Can I freeze food in any container?

No, it is important to use containers specifically designed for freezing, such as freezer-safe plastic bags or containers, or glass containers. These containers are made to withstand the extreme temperatures of the freezer and prevent freezer burn.

4. How long can I keep food in the freezer?

The length of time that food can be kept in the freezer varies depending on the type of food. Generally, meats and prepared dishes can be kept for up to 3-4 months, while vegetables and fruits can be kept for 8-12 months. It is important to label and date your frozen food to keep track of its storage time.

5. Can I refreeze food that has been thawed?

It is not recommended to refreeze food that has been thawed, as this can increase the risk of foodborne illness. It is best to only thaw the amount of food that you plan to use, and if there are any leftovers, they should be cooked and eaten within 1-2 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam