• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Spouse's Job Change and Income Loss - Need to Vent!

In summary, the husband is trying to switch over to a union job and is feeling overwhelmed. He is saying he wants to work and his wife is saying she wants to stay home. The husband is apologetic and says he thought his wife's idea was good.
bbauman07
Gold Member
Sorry I just need to vent with some people who understand.
So my husband is in the middle of switching over to a union job (this could take weeks)

He hasn't worked all week, and on Thursday and Friday he passed of working for a friend, PLUS his mom offered to put him to work, he actually said to her no Brooke's working on her sales!!!!!!!!!

Then passes up the chance to make money again today!!!!

He makes around $2,000 a month and I guess he thinks I can turn my $650 average paycheck into a $2,650 paycheck!!!!!!!

I'm beside myself right now. I only have 7 shows this month and 2 to close from last month, no where near what I need to cover his income!!!!!!

Yikes!!!How is he turning your check into more? Is he trying to help you? Tell him if he is going to pass on those jobs, then he needs to get on the phone for you and get some more shows booked.

I quit my job of 11+ years a couple of years ago to stay home with my son. Before that I worked 2nd & 3rd shift so he wouldn't have to go to daycare. To make up for part of my income I started babysitting and selling PC. I love PC, but not too crazy about the babysitting. Anyway, now my husband is sick to death of his job (Which I can understand. He's been there about 20 years and doesn't get treated well and hasn't had a raise in 4 or 5 years!). He is starting to say he would like to start growing things to sell, which is fine with me. He plowed up a big part of our field to grow pumpkins and Indian corn to sell this fall. He also wants to build some greenhouses. Well, I assumed he meant he would do this and I would take care of them until his business got going, and then he would quit if he did well enough. Well, he told me the other day, he wants me to go back to work so he can stay home and do that.

I just laughed at him. I don't mind doing what I got to do to help him get something like this going, but I'm not going to up and drop everything on something that might not even pan out!! Men!! What are they thinking sometimes?

I have come to conclusion that men only think of themselves and themselves only. I am sorry to hear about your husband not taking on jobs Brooke. My husband is hardly ever around. He works full time and also does mowing on the side. I also work outside of the house 4-5 days a week and when I am not at work I am at home with our boys, ages 5 & 3. When he does have the boys he has his grandma or his mother watch them. I just don't understand men's way of thinking. Hope things get better for and keep us posted on what he does decide to do.

Sorry Brooke - sometimes men can be big buttheads.

I have good news!!!!! Even though his former boss is dragging his heel s on reporting his hours so he can go to work. The uinion rep called him this am he's going to work for the union tommorrow. He is at the office right now filling out all of his forms.:)

He aplogized to me for acting this way, he said he thought my resent idea were so good, and since I'm only $100 away from my $15,000 in sales that I could pull off that much more money!!!!!

I told him one day I plan for my paychecks to be that big, but it will take sometime just like it did when I started.

That's great...sometimes men just live in their own little bubble...sheesh!

1. How can I support my spouse during this difficult job change?

First and foremost, it's important to communicate openly with your spouse and show them that you are there for them. Offer emotional support and brainstorm potential solutions together. Additionally, try to be understanding and patient as they navigate this change.

2. How can we manage our finances during this income loss?

Start by creating a budget and prioritizing your expenses. Look for ways to cut back on non-essential spending and consider seeking financial advice. You and your spouse can also explore other potential sources of income, such as freelance work or part-time jobs.

3. How can we maintain a healthy relationship during this stressful time?

Remember to communicate openly and honestly with your spouse about your feelings and concerns. Make time for each other and find ways to de-stress together, whether it's through exercise, hobbies, or simply talking. It's also important to show appreciation and support for each other during this challenging time.

4. What can I do to cope with my own feelings of stress and anxiety?

It's completely normal to feel overwhelmed and anxious during this time. Make sure to take care of yourself by getting enough rest, eating well, and engaging in self-care activities. Consider talking to a therapist or joining a support group to help manage your feelings and cope with the changes.

5. How can we adjust to a potential change in lifestyle?

It's important to be open to adapting to a new lifestyle, as it may be necessary during this time. Talk to your spouse about your priorities and make adjustments as needed. Remember to stay positive and focus on finding joy in the present moment, rather than dwelling on what may have changed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
  • pchefinski
  • General Chat
Replies