1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Can you believe it?!?!

1. Tropicalburstqt2

Tropicalburstqt2 Advanced Member Gold Member

We just purchased our first house this summer & have been doing a lot of remodeling prior to moving in (new bedroom, remodeled kitchen, etc). So after much debate we decided to replace our kitchen counter top rather than put granite tile over top of it. Well, let me tell you now, I'm glad we did!!! :D Apparently whoever built the cabinets, built in a secret hiding place that we would have never found had we just covered over the old one with the granite. The best part about all of that was, we found 6 GOLD coins from 1881-1939!! :eek:Someone hid them & must have either forgot about them or passed away and no one knew about them. Regardless, we are visiting a coin shop asap. I'm anxious to see what they are worth! :rolleyes:

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

How Fun! That is so cool!

(you could also probably look up prices online - some of those shops aren't always reputable in the prices they give.)

Dec 11, 2009
  3. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

That is to cool!

Dec 11, 2009
  4. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

Definitely don't take those coins to just anyone. With the price of gold right now, you could get ripped off. And don't do the cash 4 gold stuff.

5. Tropicalburstqt2

Tropicalburstqt2 Advanced Member Gold Member

We are going to see a reputable coin dealer in our area. But we will get multiple quotes. Online it says that the one could be a minimum of $400,000 if it's only 1 of 32. Apparently they made it 2 different ways.

6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

WOW! How kewl is this!!!

Dec 11, 2009
  7. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

That is sooo awesome!! Congratulations on your find!

Dec 11, 2009
  8. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Hidden treasure? How exciting. Congratulations on your find.

Dec 11, 2009
  9. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

that is really neat. my DH neighbors were digging up thier back yard and fond a jar full of gold coins. cashed them in and got them a new car.

Dec 11, 2009
  10. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

WOW - that is awesome!!! Please let us know what they do end up being worth!

11. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Be careful not to tell too many people!! You don't want to paint a target on your back, that's for sure! But cool find. :)

Dec 11, 2009
  12. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

That is great the only thing we found when we took a wall down is a few BEER bottles beteen the wall We had the house built in 1990 I guess the workers had a few while working

13. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Wow, Merry Christmas to you! Be careful and I hope it works out well for you!

Dec 11, 2009
  14. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

Great time to find gold! Dor, that is funny and gross.

Dec 11, 2009
  15. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

No...what would be gross is wondering WHERE they put the beer after it was used..... I grew up on construction sites (only girl usually, unless mom was working the site too- my dad was the general). Trust me...they go wherever they felt like it! :yuck:

Dec 11, 2009
  16. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

That's gross Bobbi!!

The grossest thing was in my parents' home in TX. The house was completed in August of 92. The longer we were in the house the more we smelled a horrible stench coming from the hallway upstairs. We thought the master bath toilet wasn't flowing properly. Finally in about Dec the stench was so foul we could hardly breath upstairs. We had the builders come out to check on it. Lo and behold someone close in a racoon!! It had died back there and began to rot. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever smelled in my life!!! YUCK!

Dec 11, 2009
  17. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

So, what happened?

Jan 21, 2010
  18. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I have been wondering also

Jan 21, 2010
Have something to add?