• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Wonton Cups Last Till Wednesday?

In summary, you can keep the wonton cups for up to a week after baking them. To prepare for your open house on Wednesday, you can make the cups tonight and store them in a ziploc bag until you are ready to fill them. However, it is not recommended to make them a whole week ahead. Some people have successfully held them for 3-4 days, but be careful not to break them. It is suggested to store them in a trifle bowl. The filling being used includes a taco filling, a dill mix filling, and a topping for strawberry pizza. Some suggestions for the strawberry pizza include using a brownie or sugar cookie base and topping it with a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip
Tanya423
Can you really keep the wonton cups up to one week after you bake them? I asked my recruiter if I could make them tonight for my open house on Wednesday and she said that they are really tempermental and would get soggy really easy...I don't know if she thought I was going to fill them tonight also but I wasn't...just wanted to bake them for Wednesday...I am having the guests fill them. Let me know if they will hold up till Wednesday night...I'm going grocery shopping after work tonight!

Yes. You can make them tonight. Then put them in a gallon size ziploc bag until you are ready to fill them on Wednesday. I don't think I'd do it a whole week ahead though.

Maybe your director thought you were planning to fill them.

Just be careful with them. They'll keep, but some of mine broke when I put them in the zip lock bags.

Store them in your trifle bowl- thats what I do!!

I've held them for 3-4 days with no problem - but like someone said, be careful so you don't break them.

What kind of filling are you using?

I am going to make the filling that is used on the Touchdown Taco Dip for a taco filling, one made similar but instead of southwest seasoning, I am using the dill mix and then I am going to use the topping for the strawberry pizza. Different toppings for each one...the fillings will be in the Easy Accent Decorator (I will have three) with maybe some sour cream in the Decorator Bottles... Are you familiar with the strawberry pizza recipe?

The Touchdown Taco Dip recipe...I'm just going to use the cream cheese, sour cream and southwest seasoning.

Attachments

• Taco_dip.doc
    23 KB · Views: 353
Here is the recipe for the strawberry pizza:
How about making this pink and yummy Berry Patch Pizza? Bake a brownie
base or a sugar cookie base on your Round Stone and cool completely. For
topping, combine 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1 T sugar, 2 c cool whip. Take 1 pt fresh strawberries, clean and slice, then chop enough to measure 1/2 c and add to cream cheese mixture...spread on cooled crust. Cut into serving pieces. Then, top pizza with rest of sliced strawberries and 1/2 c
fresh raspberries and 1/2 c fresh blueberries(or more of red fruit if left
off!) Grate vanilla chips on top with Cheese Grater.

I think I am going to try those wonton cups. This weekend I made the basic cup with cream cheese. Then I filled them with the cool creamy fondue. Then chopped some snickers for the tops. They were delicious!!!

I made the wonton cups last night...very easy. I just cut them in half to form a triangle and cut the points off. 8 minutes was perfect in my oven!

1. Can I make the wonton cups ahead of time and store them until Wednesday?

Yes, you can make the wonton cups ahead of time and store them for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature. It is best to store them in a single layer to prevent them from sticking together.

2. Can I freeze the wonton cups and use them for Wednesday?

Yes, you can freeze the wonton cups for up to 1 month. Make sure to place them in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn. When ready to use, thaw them in the refrigerator or at room temperature before filling and baking.

3. Can I fill the wonton cups ahead of time and bake them on Wednesday?

Yes, you can fill the wonton cups ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Make sure to cover them with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.

4. How should I store the leftover wonton cups?

If you have leftover wonton cups, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. They may become slightly softer, but can still be used for dips or salads.

5. Can I reheat the wonton cups if I have leftovers?

Yes, you can reheat the wonton cups in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes until they are crisp again. You can also reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds, but they may become slightly soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
grayby
Replies
Views
kam
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies