• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Strainer - Perfect for Sink Drains | 2nd Use Convenience

In summary, Debbie's daughter found shiny marbles in the sandbox and was able to play with them while her mom made phone calls. Debbie's daughter is 2 years and 7 months old and is very mature for her age. She knows how to play marbles with her brothers and sisters and knows they are not for snacking on. Debbie's daughter has never tried to put the marbles in her mouth and would think that is gross.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
So last night my can strainer floated around in my sink down to the drain...and it fit perfectly!! I am going to buy a second one just for this purpose, I don't need the stopper to fill up the sink, and this has handles..how much easier to dump all of the nasty food out of! :)

So cool!! I saw the title of this thread and wondered what you had come up with. That's pretty neat.

Oh wow! That is cool!

Don't forget to pass that tip on to your customers! It's a small sale but adds up! Especially when people tell other people etc!

Yes! and they love that you can use it one way to strain, or flip it over and squish the liquid out of tuna! and now they can use it as a sink strainer!

very cool tip. thanks

Way cool! I'll have to try that.

That is a good idea! I might get an extra to take to shows for that purpose. Sometimes I'm at a house where they don't have a garbage disposal & this would be great for that!

Kids toys!!Yesterday I hid colorful shiny marbles in the sandbox outside our house and gave my two year old daughter the can stainer and a big bowl to find the marbles. It gave me peace for about 35 minutes and I was able to finish answering emails and making phone calls while my one year old slept and my two oldest did their school work.
I love it!!!
After she was done we counted them and I gave her a prize!! A couple vanilla wafers. It's drizzling so she can't do it today, but she is anxious to do it again soon.

Debbie :D

Great idea, Jennifer and Debbie! Though it's too cold here to try Debbie's idea:(

TEA anyone?A few of the girls here at work bought them for their bigger mugs as teabag strainers... They simple sit the strainer on top of their mug and then let it drip...Just another use for this little jewel...

Man, that is awesome... Great tips ladies!!! ;)

Debbie,
your post scared me & please don't think I'm attacking you but ..... a 2 year old and marbles?

It's been awhile since we've had toddlers (today it just seemed like I had one underfoot again our pesky college student has been snooping under our Christmas tree shaking everything and making a stack of his gifts & begging me to let him open just one!!!)
Please understand I AM NOT passing judgement on your parenting skills but if you are leaving her while you make phone calls aren't you afraid she'd put one in her mouth and choke?? I know there must be other bigger harmless things to hide. my kids never put things like coins in their mouths but I also never gave them the opportunity.
you would be devastated if you came out and she had one lodged in her throat, just so you could have a few minutes of phone time (PC or personal).

Thanks for your concernI totally understand and please don't feel bad about your post to me. My daughter is actually 2 years and 7 months and she is very mature for her age. She knows how to play marbles with her brothers and sisters and knows they are not for snacking on. She has never tried to put them in her mouth and actually would think that is pretty gross since they were in the sand. She is a compulsive hand washer and has raised the sanitary issues to me to make sure the sandbox is always clean for her...LOL!!

I thank you for your concern. Every 5-10 minutes I would head over to the back porch which is in view of my desk, and ask her how many she had. She would count them and continue on her search. My one year old however would never be allowed to so such a thing and we are sure to keep all small items as well as cabinets locked up around him.

So THAT's how you use it for tuna. I almost dumped it last week using it the other way! :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I totally understand and please don't feel bad about your post to me. My daughter is actually 2 years and 7 months and she is very mature for her age. She knows how to play marbles with her brothers and sisters and knows they are not for snacking on. She has never tried to put them in her mouth and actually would think that is pretty gross since they were in the sand. She is a compulsive hand washer and has raised the sanitary issues to me to make sure the sandbox is always clean for her...LOL!!

I thank you for your concern. Every 5-10 minutes I would head over to the back porch which is in view of my desk, and ask her how many she had. She would count them and continue on her search. My one year old however would never be allowed to so such a thing and we are sure to keep all small items as well as cabinets locked up around him.

Good job Debbie!

You handled that VERY well. :D

Oh Lisa, bless your heart!! Your post made me LOL!!

I have another use for it....I know we have a flour shaker already but if you don't have one it's great for shaking flour out of it. I don't think i would try the sugar b/c the holes are probably to big but works great for flour.

I use the strainer on cans of veggies, olives, artichoke hearts, canned chicken...etc. Pretty much if it is in a can and has liquid, I use the strainer!

I love the tea bag tip though!!

Glad I could make you LOL Gill!

While we are talking about children choking on small objects, may I add a couple of items to beware of? When my children were grade school age, my husbands uncle was a practicing ear, nose and throat physician. He warned us not to allow our children to eat popcorn or peanuts because their body chemistry at that age, is not developed enough for them to dissolve either if they got stuck in their throats. To this day, my son, who is now the proud Daddy of a 3 and 5 yr. old, forbides his children being allowed to eat either of the above. He recalls the warning from Uncle Cecil, MD. Have any of you ever been warned about those dangers?

DebbieSAChef said:
Yesterday I hid colorful shiny marbles in the sandbox outside our house and gave my two year old daughter the can stainer and a big bowl to find the marbles. It gave me peace for about 35 minutes and I was able to finish answering emails and making phone calls while my one year old slept and my two oldest did their school work.
I love it!!!
After she was done we counted them and I gave her a prize!! A couple vanilla wafers. It's drizzling so she can't do it today, but she is anxious to do it again soon.

What a twerrific idea!

Grandmarita said:
While we are talking about children choking on small objects, may I add a couple of items to beware of? When my children were grade school age, my husbands uncle was a practicing ear, nose and throat physician. He warned us not to allow our children to eat popcorn or peanuts because their body chemistry at that age, is not developed enough for them to dissolve either if they got stuck in their throats. To this day, my son, who is now the proud Daddy of a 3 and 5 yr. old, forbides his children being allowed to eat either of the above. He recalls the warning from Uncle Cecil, MD. Have any of you ever been warned about those dangers?

Thanks for the heads up! I am overly anal about what my kids eat. My biggest pet peeve is when people give toddlers hot dogs whole. I almost choked to death on a hot dog when I was three. My daughter is three on Weds, and I still slice hers lengthwise to break the "skin" just to be safe!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks for the heads up! I am overly anal about what my kids eat. My biggest pet peeve is when people give toddlers hot dogs whole. I almost choked to death on a hot dog when I was three. My daughter is three on Weds, and I still slice hers lengthwise to break the "skin" just to be safe!

Yeah - I don't worry so much about non-food items going into my 2 1/2 yr old's mouth - He has never been a child who has to "taste" everything....but I do worry about things like hot dog skins, grapes, nuts, etc.....BUT the problem I'm experiencing now is that he goes ballistic if I cut anything up......he wants it to be whole when he takes the first bite!

a cute little story about confectionery sugar... so my cousin's 1st grade class was going to decorate cookies at their holiday party, and my aunt asked all of the mother's to make some icing to bring in...well one mother came in the day of the party saying how hard it was to make this icing...having to sift the sugar 10 times for each of 5 batches!! My aunt: that wasn't in the recipe..what do you mean? the mother: yes, on the bag it said "10-X" ...so I had to sift it 10 times for each recipe! hahaha oops, guess she should know it is also called 10-X sugar :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - I don't worry so much about non-food items going into my 2 1/2 yr old's mouth - He has never been a child who has to "taste" everything....but I do worry about things like hot dog skins, grapes, nuts, etc.....BUT the problem I'm experiencing now is that he goes ballistic if I cut anything up......he wants it to be whole when he takes the first bite!
My daughter is doing this too- this morning we had french toast and I cut it into little pieces for my 19 month old and Alexia (3 on Weds.) started panicing that I was going to cut hers. We comprimised and she got sticks. With hot dogs I just slice them down the middle lengthwise and put them cut side down on the plate. She doesn't seem to mind that!

1. How do I use the Can Strainer?

The Can Strainer - 2nd Use! is designed to fit easily over standard-sized cans. Simply place the strainer over the open top of the can and press down gently to drain out the liquid. It can also be used to hold the contents of the can while draining, making it easier to transfer to another container.

2. Is the Can Strainer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Can Strainer is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the product.

3. Can the Can Strainer be used for cans of all sizes?

The Can Strainer is designed to fit standard-sized cans, but it may also work with smaller or larger cans depending on the size and shape. We recommend testing it out on different cans to see what works best for you.

4. Is the Can Strainer made of BPA-free materials?

Yes, we take safety seriously at Pampered Chef and our Can Strainer is made of BPA-free plastic for your peace of mind.

5. Can the Can Strainer be used for hot liquids?

No, we do not recommend using the Can Strainer for hot liquids as it is not designed to withstand high temperatures. We suggest allowing hot liquids to cool before using the strainer for draining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyDare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Teresa LM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • RachelNguyen