• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Opener Not Working Under Warranty

In summary, a person approached the speaker at a fundraiser with a complaint about their recently purchased Pampered Chef can opener. The speaker is a new consultant and is not sure how to handle this situation or if it is covered under the 3-year warranty. The speaker asks for suggestions on how to handle this and is advised to give the customer the number for Pampered Chef's customer service. The customer can provide their name and state of purchase to find their order and receive instructions on exchanging it for a new one. It is also suggested to not get involved in the adjustment process for the customer. Another consultant shares that they have a similar complaint from one of their customers and advises the speaker to do an online adjustment if the customer is their own.
jsanderson0508
Hey everyone! I had someone come up to me at a fundraiser who said they bought the Pampered Chef can opener a little less than a year ago and they loved it while it was working, but just recently it has stopped working. He said it just won't open the cans, it will leave a mark but not go through the metal all the way. He doesn't know who the consultant he bought it through was so he asked me if I knew if it would be covered under the 3 year warranty and what to do about it.

I'm still a fairly new consultant, so I've never had to deal with replacing something under warranty, and I couldn't really find an answer on the website anywhere (maybe I just didn't know where to look lol). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? I would love to be able to help him out since he loves Pampered Chef products and goes to my church, so he could be a potential lifelong customer, I just have no idea where to even begin. Thanks in advance!! :)

Since he bought is so recently it is still under warranty. The best thing to tell hiim is the number to PC. Customer Service will be able to look up his info based on his name and the state the show was in when he bought it. I would let him know that "I'm really new so I asked what the best way to handle it for you is and was told that all you need to do is call our Customer Service. The number is 888-OUR-CHEF. Since you don't have your receipt and can't remember the person who sold it to you, they will know what to ask you to find your order. Then they'll tell give you instructions on exchanging it for a new one. It's still under warranty so it won't be difficult at all!"

That's excellent advice ^

Don't get in the middle of doing the adjustment for him, no matter how much you think it will be impressive customer service, unless he is right there with you and you can hand him the phone to answer any questions they will ask.

I got sucked into using an hour of my time on a lady who had an issue. It was a bunch of calls back and forth and time on hold on the phone, yadda yadda. She should have just called them herself.

Oh and I have a customer with the same complaint on the can opener. At least she's MY customer, so I have all the details!

jsanderson, if it is one of your own customers, it is easy to look up what show they were from, and do an online adjustment. You don't have to call and wait on hold, just do it online. An email will come back saying whether they want the old one sent back in or not. If PC wants the item sent back, the address will be in the email and it will have a Return Authorization number to put on the outside of the package.

In case it isn't clear, I am not saying to make everyone call HO and do their own adjustments. But it's my advice to tell folks who come up like this (something broken, no idea whose show, no idea what consultant) to call the 800 number.

1. Why is my can opener not working even though it is still under warranty?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that the can opener is malfunctioning due to a defect or damage during shipping. It is also possible that the can opener was not used according to the manufacturer's instructions, causing it to malfunction. Lastly, there may be an issue with the warranty coverage itself, and it is best to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

2. How long is the warranty for my can opener?

The length of the warranty for a can opener can vary depending on the manufacturer. It is important to check the warranty information provided by the manufacturer or on the packaging of the can opener to determine the length of the warranty.

3. What should I do if my can opener stops working within the warranty period?

If your can opener is not working within the warranty period, the first step is to contact the manufacturer. They will likely ask for information such as the date of purchase, the model number, and the issue with the can opener. They may offer troubleshooting tips or ask you to send the can opener for repairs or replacement.

4. Can I get a replacement or refund for my can opener under warranty?

This depends on the manufacturer's warranty policy. Some manufacturers may offer a replacement or refund for a can opener that stops working within the warranty period, while others may only offer repairs. It is important to check the warranty information provided by the manufacturer or contact them for further clarification.

5. Do I need to register my can opener for the warranty to be valid?

This also depends on the manufacturer's policy. Some manufacturers require registration for the warranty to be valid, while others may not. It is best to check the warranty information or contact the manufacturer for clarification on their policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • mandak
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
marionwilliams
  • TJMagoo