• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Opener: Current vs. New - A Comprehensive Comparison

In summary, the Can opener is better than the current version. It is easier to use and has a "stupid proof" feature.
mspibb
Gold Member
I have a show tomorrow night with a lady that sings in the church choir with me. The church organist (who is my best guy friend) said he needs a can opener but can't come tomorrow. SO my question is has anyone used the new Can opener and is it a lot better than the current version (I haven't gotten my sample order yet!)? I hate to not give her an order but I am thinking he should wait and buy the new version. Although I am perfectly happy with my current version!

I've never had a problem with the current one, but I LOVE the new one. I would wait so he can get the newer one. I find it much easier to use. I took it to a friend's house who had trouble using the current one and she loved it. Hated the current one.

it is pretty awesome in my opinon...it's pretty 'stupid proof' as I call it! lol there's a small trick of making sure the teeth are open in the right position, but it latches on smoothly and opens very nicely. the 'beak' is the same, but i think because there's no handles people will realize it doesn't go on the side it goes on the top.

I too LOVE the new can opener. Hopefully I won't hear any more people saying they don't know how to use our can openers anymore. It's so much easier to use.

I was impressed. Love the theory of the feature for the pop top cans, but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.

I had to replace mine. It apparently was defective. It was crushing some cans - particularly the ones with the pop top lids. I thought it just wasn't supposed to be used for those since that feature is on the opener but others said it should still open them. I called HO and she replaced it with no question.

I took my second one out (earned one SAT and one director package). So far so good but I haven't had the occasion to open a pop top can yet.

Got the replacement and they sent the CURRENT opener so now I'm again waiting for a label and a new can opener. I was surprised they wanted the wrong one back since it's being dc'd but I guess they're just keeping me honest.

BethCooks4U said:
I had to replace mine. It apparently was defective. It was crushing some cans - particularly the ones with the pop top lids. I thought it just wasn't supposed to be used for those since that feature is on the opener but others said it should still open them. I called HO and she replaced it with no question.

I took my second one out (earned one SAT and one director package). So far so good but I haven't had the occasion to open a pop top can yet.

Got the replacement and they sent the CURRENT opener so now I'm again waiting for a label and a new can opener. I was surprised they wanted the wrong one back since it's being dc'd but I guess they're just keeping me honest.

I hope the new one works on pop top lids. I ALWAYS use a can opener on those. I hate the "lip" that is on the can when using the pop top - it makes it hard to scrape clean the can.

kam said:
I hope the new one works on pop top lids. I ALWAYS use a can opener on those. I hate the "lip" that is on the can when using the pop top - it makes it hard to scrape clean the can.

Me too but I thought that with the new feature this new one wasn't meant to open them with the can opener itself. I was disappointed with that but was willing to go with the flow. I was glad to hear that it is supposed to open those too!

I had to cook something the other day- JUST so I had an excuse to try it out. (customer was looking at replacing hers). I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked.True test will be if my 9-yr old can use it too. He has no problem with our current one (LOL- unlike many adults!). He likes that job whenever I need to open something...he tries to be the one to do it first.

KaiKendall said:
it is pretty awesome in my opinon...it's pretty 'stupid proof' as I call it! lol there's a small trick of making sure the teeth are open in the right position, but it latches on smoothly and opens very nicely. the 'beak' is the same, but i think because there's no handles people will realize it doesn't go on the side it goes on the top.

Hmmphh, now I'm insulted.;) I had a slight problem trying to get it on the lid in the product show room. But, yeah, sometimes I'm slow.:blushing:

I absolutely adore the new one. My husband even likes it (and he's been anti-anything that isn't the old fashioned silver kind forever). And it does open the pop top cans. I had to try it when I got it. (-:

Sarah, I'm sure she wasn't talking about YOU. ;)

Got my supply box today (and my Spice Turn around Tote! can't wait to assemble that!) and I tried the new can opener. I did open a can with a pull tab and I have to say MUCH better than the prior model. Especially in light of how many times I have to demonstrate how to use the current model.
Thanks for the input everyone!

I didn't think the new one was as strong as the old.
I also struggled with it, ( not stupid proof) lol

What is the difference between the current can opener and the new can opener?

The current can opener offered by Pampered Chef is the Smooth-Edge Can Opener, while the new can opener is the Smooth-Edge Can Opener Plus. The main difference between the two is that the Plus version has a larger knob for easier turning and a built-in bottle opener.

Does the new can opener work on all types of cans?

Yes, the Smooth-Edge Can Opener Plus is designed to work on all types of cans, including standard cans, pop-top cans, and even dented cans. It also has a lid pliers feature for removing stubborn lids.

Is the new can opener dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Smooth-Edge Can Opener Plus is dishwasher safe. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

How long will the new can opener last?

The Smooth-Edge Can Opener Plus is made with high-quality materials and is built to last. With proper use and care, it can last for many years.

Can I still use my current can opener if I purchase the new one?

Of course! The new Smooth-Edge Can Opener Plus is designed to be an upgrade to the current can opener, but the current can opener will still work just as well. You can choose which one to use based on your preference and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • KristensCooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • lisasfuncooking