• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can One of My Us Cheffer Friends Do Me a Huge Non Pampered Chef Favor?

Is there somewhere other than ebay where you can buy them? I'm sure someone from here would be happy to find them for you - but you're going to have to smuggle them in on your own. ;)
kcjodih
Gold Member
My DH has been trying to find me two sets of stock headphones for the DVD player in my new SUV (the one I purchased after rolling my truck). Up here they are $161 plus tax but he's found a place on EBAY that he can purchase them from for MUCH less. However, they won't ship to Canada.

DH knows I've made wonderful online friends on here over the last 2 years and said hey, do you think....and so here I am. He'd like to purchase and pay for them via paypal using a friend of mine's address and then when they're shipped to my friend that friend would then ship to me (I would paypal before they were shipped to me)

Could/would anyone be willing to help me out? I'd LOVE to have peace and quiet when driving to our 5 way out of town hockey tournaments coming up the rest of this season and I either need headphones so they can watch a movie or I need to get rid of a child or two ;), but I can't possibly afford $330plus just for headphones. Unfortunately from the homework we've done there isn't a 'non-dealer' brand that is compatible :(

Is there somewhere other than ebay where you can buy them? I'm sure someone from here would be happy to find them for you - but you're going to have to smuggle them in on your own. ;)Maybe we can trade you for a Canadian toilet that doesn't require four flushes to work properly?

Sure KG I can do a trade. New or used?

And unfortunately I have no idea where else to get them, US or otherwise. It's taken 3 weeks just to get the right 'part' number. It shouldn't be this difficult! My MIL is in NC in February or I'd ship it to her place there and have her mail them or bring them back but of course they probably won't be listed THEN :(

One more thing...it's not really smuggling is it? I have no problem paying shipping twice and duty; it would still be cheaper! We just can't get him to agree to ship up here. Why I don't know, plenty of the sellers do and we buy tons of things.

I have a friend who routinely sells on ebay and won't ship to canada, because of the rules/regs put on her and the cost and there is no way to insure packages.

Maybe that's why, I don't know, don't do ebay much, not even sure if my sign on still works.

Lisa

I will do it for you, no problem.
I sent you a PM with my address.

kcjodih said:
Sure KG I can do a trade. New or used?

And unfortunately I have no idea where else to get them, US or otherwise. It's taken 3 weeks just to get the right 'part' number. It shouldn't be this difficult! My MIL is in NC in February or I'd ship it to her place there and have her mail them or bring them back but of course they probably won't be listed THEN :(

One more thing...it's not really smuggling is it? I have no problem paying shipping twice and duty; it would still be cheaper! We just can't get him to agree to ship up here. Why I don't know, plenty of the sellers do and we buy tons of things.

When I was selling product some years ago, I gave up trying to get anything into Canada - I hope it has changed since then. The paperwork was incomprehensible, I had to find an agent in Canada to act on my behalf, and the process usually cost more than the product I was selling. The term for the agent up there is "broker" which was appropriate because I was always broker after dealing with one.

I once flew from Milwaukee to Detroit on Northworst on one leg of a twice-daily flight that ran from Minneapolis to Milwaukee to Detroit to Toronto, then back again. The flight was three hours behind schedule and my luggage went rogue and never made it off the plane in Detroit.

The baggage guy asked if I had combination or key locks on my bag. Keys. "Good! Then customs will be able to get it open." HUH!?! Yup - they couldn't just leave my bag on the airplane to go back to Detroit - it had to go through customs!

I know when I worked at a plant in the shipping office, shipping to canada was a pain in the rear. They had to have very specific paperwork and if just one thing was typed wrong, ie the date, they wouldn't let the truck over the border. It was very painful.

Broker fee is $5.00 but if you are a friend in the US sending a "gift" to Canada all you have to do is put down what it is and send it. It really shouldn't be a big deal.

Doing business is different then just sending one item. HTH Jodi :)

Did you get someone to help?

rennea said:
Broker fee is $5.00 but if you are a friend in the US sending a "gift" to Canada all you have to do is put down what it is and send it. It really shouldn't be a big deal.
Doing business is different then just sending one item. HTH Jodi :)

Exactly! I've purchased things from here and another board before and they just ship internationally and write 'gift' on the little sticker and away it goes. A couple times when dh ordered through ebay he was charged a small duty but nothing major and alot of times was charged nothing.

I've also purchased from the US outlet and had a cheffer friend ship to me and also purchased from the US Merrill and had a different cheffer friend ship to me. That's all I was asking for this time - something arrives to them and they drop it in the mail to me and I'd be happy to pay for the shipping and even reimburse them for their gas and time if necessary

Now if we could just figure out how to get more of that great Canadian peanut butter to me so I don't have to wait from my friends from Ottawa to smuggl...er...bring some down for me!

Hey KG, I'll help you if you help me ;)

Mailing international through USPS is pretty painless. I've done it for a couple of Cheffers and some customers from my Etsy shop. There's a form to fill out at the post office, but nothing hugely obnoxious.Do you still need someone to do this for you, Jodi? I can if you're still looking.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now if we could just figure out how to get more of that great Canadian peanut butter to me so I don't have to wait from my friends from Ottawa to smuggl...er...bring some down for me!

What's the difference between our peanut butter and yours? Don't we have the same brands?

rennea said:
What's the difference between our peanut butter and yours? Don't we have the same brands?

I don't know about the peanut butter, but we had a co-worker several years back who had family in Canada send her some potato chips that were ketchup flavored! This was a national brand (like Lays or something, I really don't remember) but they were ketchup flavored potato chips. And they were surprisingly good!

EpTxGuy said:
I don't know about the peanut butter, but we had a co-worker several years back who had family in Canada send her some potato chips that were ketchup flavored! This was a national brand (like Lays or something, I really don't remember) but they were ketchup flavored potato chips. And they were surprisingly good!

They are made by Old Dutch. I have always wondered why you guys don't have ketchup chips down there. DH has a friend that loves them and we send him down a couple of bags evey so often.

Yup and Lays makes Ketchup as well. Along with Dill Pickle yum!

The dill pickle ones are great, and can be found in the states now.

1. Can my US Cheffer friend purchase Pampered Chef products for me?

Unfortunately, US Cheffers are only able to purchase Pampered Chef products for themselves and their own customers. However, you can purchase Pampered Chef products directly from our website or through a local consultant.

2. Can my US Cheffer friend host a Pampered Chef party for me?

No, US Cheffers are only able to host parties for their own customers. However, you can host a party yourself and invite your US Cheffer friend as a guest.

3. Can my US Cheffer friend use their discount to purchase Pampered Chef products for me?

US Cheffers are only able to use their discount for personal purchases or for their own customers. However, you can purchase Pampered Chef products through a local consultant or directly from our website.

4. Can my US Cheffer friend redeem my Pampered Chef host rewards for me?

No, only the host of a Pampered Chef party is able to redeem their own host rewards. However, you can host a party yourself and earn your own host rewards to use towards your own purchases.

5. Can my US Cheffer friend add me as their customer to their Pampered Chef account?

US Cheffers are only able to add customers to their account who they have personally interacted with and who have made a purchase through them. However, you can sign up as a new customer through a local consultant or directly on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
angmillar
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Sally Vigil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies