• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Host Also Be a Guest? Exploring Dual Roles on Catalog Shows

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of having a host also be entered as a guest on the same show. The issue arises when the host is placing a large order and wants to receive the benefits of being a host, but also wants the large items to be in her name for warranty purposes. It is suggested to use a different email for the host in order to receive the benefits. Additionally, the conversation mentions the difficulty of having the host also be a guest due to the email requirement, and how this affects the Future Party Pick option. However, it is noted that a host can still receive the Future Party Pick if a booking is scheduled at the first show and the show reaches $200 in sales.
esavvymom
Staff member
I haven't head enough shows in the new web yet, so not sure how to do this- or IF I can do this.
Is it possible to have a host of a catalog show also be entered as a GUEST on the same show? I have a customer who was placing a large order....so I wanted to put her as the host to get the benefits, but because she's ordering large items (guest), I wanted them in her name for warranty. But the whole email thing is giving me a hard time. Do I have to enter her "guest" order in one email address and her host email has to be for another email? Or do you think I can use the phone number trick??She's got the bulk of orders so far, so it only seemed fair to make this her show. There is at least one other smaller order that kicks it up to a show level.Not sure how I can do this. Right now, I've got it in my name as Hosting Consultant, and her order as guest. I can still give her the host benefits (unless she orders some big warranty item..I hate to have it in my name...plus, she'd not get the 10%, but I can give that to her myself if need be.)???

Good question. I ran across this just this week. I just converted from P3 in mid august. I ended up doing one as her email and one as the mytpc.com I don't get why we can't have the host also be a guest. Plus I have a lot of people do their own book shows. So they are the guest and host. I'll have to fudge those,too. I'm finding the email requisite a pain.

That's what I was thinking I would have to do. I agree...it's a pain.

It's especially a problem if the host has hosted in the past 6 months, and so is entitled to the Future Party Pick. I used to be able to enter that as a separate order. Not anymore, since it's attached to the host's email. Big pain. But, to answer your question, you will need to use another email for the host if she's ordering from her own show.

A host can not also be a guest on her own show with the same email. BUT she can still get the future party pick at her show if a booking was scheduled at the first show. Once the show hits $200 a star will appear on the host screen for FPP and she can choose that extra half price item. Good thing is she doesn't have to pay a second shipping fee. Bad thing is the purchase no longer counts toward the show total. The FPP does however count toward party sales if someone else was past host (again, the option to order the FPP pick isn't there until the show hits $200.

This is good to know! Thanks.

1. Can a host also be a guest at the same event?

Yes, it is possible for a host to also be a guest at the same event. This is common in situations where the host is also a friend or family member of the other guests.

2. Is it appropriate for a host to participate in activities as a guest?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable for a host to participate in activities as a guest. In fact, it can make the event more enjoyable for everyone involved.

3. Should a host pay for their own expenses as a guest?

It depends on the situation. If the host is simply attending as a guest, then they should pay for their own expenses. However, if they are hosting the event and also participating as a guest, it is common for them to cover their own expenses as well as any additional costs for hosting.

4. Can a host also be a guest at a formal event?

Yes, a host can also be a guest at a formal event. It is important for them to maintain a balance between their roles as a host and a guest, and to make sure all guests feel welcomed and included.

5. How can a host balance their roles as a host and a guest?

A host can balance their roles by setting clear expectations for their involvement in the event and communicating with their guests. They should also try to delegate tasks and responsibilities to other guests or helpers so they can fully participate as a guest without neglecting their duties as a host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ttotsis
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ttotsis
  • chefgirlrd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ttotsis