• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Cool Whip Survive Until Now? How Long to Bring Eggs to Room Temp?

In summary, Feriale Yan said that cool whip never ages and it can still be used even if it's been stored for a long time.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I bought some cool whip right before Christmas and meant to use it then. Since some of my get togethers got cancelled, I'm just now getting around to using it. It's been in the fridge, is it still good? It says to use by Jan 19 if frozen...

Also how long does it take to get eggs to room temp?

Does that stuff actually go bad?

I really don't know! I never used cool whip that much (or anything similar) until I started doing PC.

It should be ok, it is kind of one of those things that YOU WILL KNOW if it has turned. It gets runny, etc. Gross.

I think I'll look at it tonight and if it's bad I'll run to the store tomorrow.

It'll get mold when it goes bad. If it's unopened, I think it's okay for quite some time. If it's just a month, I think you're fine, unless it looks weird or has mold! ;) Thanks for the reminder, I've got some in my fridge too, I was planning on a few more trifles and such around the holidays that I never ended up making. :)

It's only been about two weeks, if even that, I bought it the 23rd of December.

If you only bought it on the 23rd I'd say you're just fine.

I think youre ok too!

Okay, we'll see. I'm making the mint chocolate cheesecake from the Holiday cookbook. It was pretty easy to make, I've never made cheesecake before. Guess we'll see how it turns out. I figure I would let it set in the fridge overnight (it says to cool for three hours - three hours would be 2 a.m.!) and do the topping in the morning.

On one of our Pampered Chef CD's Feriale Yan, an awesome and very funny, successful consultant said that Cool Whip never ages, just like Dick Clark and Cher!! It is so hysterical to hear all of her stories and one liners. I wish this CD was still available, I still have mine, but it is so very scratched up I can only listen to part of it. It was called "Increase your show with Know How" I think. My CD's are in the car, not positive though.
Deb

I was able to use it! It still tasted very good and worked very well. Now I'm just interested to see how my cheesecake turned out.

Glad it worked.. usually 2 weeks in refrig is what is recommended.. can go a little past that.. But when it goes bad.. it separates and gets liquid pockets.. You will know when it is time to throw it away. If I don't get to use it when I want... I usually throw it in the freezer until needed. I do tend to follow the dates though.

zmom58 said:
On one of our Pampered Chef CD's Feriale Yan, an awesome and very funny, successful consultant said that Cool Whip never ages, just like Dick Clark and Cher!! It is so hysterical to hear all of her stories and one liners. I wish this CD was still available, I still have mine, but it is so very scratched up I can only listen to part of it. It was called "Increase your show with Know How" I think. My CD's are in the car, not positive though.
Deb

That's funny! I'll have to remember to share that at my shows when we use cool whip.

1. Can Cool Whip survive until now?

Yes, Cool Whip has been around since the 1960s and is still a popular dessert topping today.

2. How long does it take to bring eggs to room temperature?

It typically takes about 30 minutes for eggs to reach room temperature if left out on the counter. You can also speed up the process by placing the eggs in a bowl of warm water for 10-15 minutes.

3. Is it safe to leave Cool Whip out at room temperature?

No, it is not safe to leave Cool Whip out at room temperature for an extended period of time. It is best to keep it refrigerated until ready to use.

4. Can I speed up the process of bringing eggs to room temperature?

Yes, you can speed up the process by placing the eggs in a bowl of warm water for 10-15 minutes. This will help bring them to room temperature faster.

5. Can I use cold eggs in baking?

While it is best to use eggs at room temperature in baking, you can still use cold eggs if needed. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as cold eggs may take longer to incorporate with other ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefheidi2003