• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Consultants Sell for Other Direct Sales Companies? - FAQs

In summary, according to Pampered Chef's official rule, Consultants at Consultant level are allowed to sell products for another Direct Sales company, but they cannot demonstrate those products during a Pampered Chef show. Directors, on the other hand, are not allowed to sell, manage or be employed by any other direct sales company. This information can be found in Consultant's Corner under the FAQ section when searching for "direct sales."
indypamperedchef
Can Consultants and/or Directors sell product for another Direct
Sales company? If so, what are the stipulations? Please copy
and paste the response that is found in Consultants Corner. Click on
Customer Service, FAQ and then just type in "direct sales" in the search
box. Someone asked me for this and I can't find it. Thanks Linda

Official PC rule on selling for more than one company
indypamperedchef said:
Can Consultants and/or Directors sell product for another Direct
Sales company? If so, what are the stipulations? Please copy
and paste the response that is found in Consultants Corner. Click on
Customer Service, FAQ and then just type in "direct sales" in the search
box. Someone asked me for this and I can't find it. Thanks Linda

Here's the response from Consultant's Corner:

Field Services/General Questions
Question: Can I sell products for another Direct Sales Company?
Answer: If you are at Consultant level, yes, but you may not demonstrate products other than Pampered Chef items during a Pampered Chef Show. Directors may not sell, manage or be an employee for any other direct sales company.

from Beth:
Our Recipe For Success adds that we cannot sell ANYTHING BUT PC products AT PC SHOWS - not even something we make ourselves. You can be in an event that OTHERS sell other products but YOU cannot do it.

Hmmm. I find this an odd post since I have joined several yahoo groups about The Pampered Chef this past week and that is one thing that they have asked me in order to verify that I am a consultant. They said exactly that. They wanted that information and my Consultant number.

If you are trying to join then I don't think that is odd, but if someone is asking you for that information for someone else then that is what seems odd to me.

Last edited:
misty350 said:
Hmmm. I find this an odd post since I have joined several yahoo groups about The Pampered Chef this past week and that is one thing that they have asked me in order to verify that I am a consultant. They said exactly that. They wanted that information and my Consultant number.

If you are trying to join then I don't think that is odd, but if someone is asking you for that information for someone else then that is what seems odd to me.
:confused: not sure what you mean by this..asking for what info?

:confused: Confused here too Misty.

PamperYourKitchen said:
:confused: not sure what you mean by this..asking for what info?

They asked me to quote exactly from Consultant's Corner the FAQ answer about Direct Sales.

My point here was that if she is a consultant she can find that info in Consultant's Corner. If someone is asking for that information to use elsewhere then they are trying to pass themselves off as a Consultant.

Recipe for Success says you may start an online group only to communicate with other PC consultants, I think. Also, Yahoo Groups are notorious for getting spammers. I mean, if you are in a PC group, do you really want to receive e-mails about dating sites or "view my webcam"??? By asking you this question, they are not asking for you to give them info they don't have, they are verifying your authenticity.

Paula in TN

Right, my point here is that question is used to verify that you are a PC Consultand and not just somebody who wants to join the group for a different reason.

So let's say that I get a question directed to me from a total stranger about the answer to that question, I would be suspicious of their motives.

misty350 said:
Right, my point here is that question is used to verify that you are a PC Consultand and not just somebody who wants to join the group for a different reason.

So let's say that I get a question directed to me from a total stranger about the answer to that question, I would be suspicious of their motives.

I guess I'm just out of it one this one...I'm not understanding what 'that question' is...are people asking you to quote word-for-word from Recipe for Success/Consultants Corner?

I'm happy chatting on here...I guess the web world beyond ChefSuccess is too much for me :(

ok, I think I understand what misty is asking about. Indypamperedchef has asked for someone to give her a direct quote off of consultants corner. Which, I would agree, is odd. That consultant should be able to find it. Who knows, I think there is major confusion with this one :eek: . haha :p

Just had my lightbulb moment, ladies. Thanks for the clarification!

1. Can I sell products from other direct sales companies while being a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, Pampered Chef has a strict policy that prohibits consultants from selling products from other direct sales companies. This is to avoid any conflicts of interest and maintain the integrity of our brand.

2. Can I mention or promote other direct sales companies on my Pampered Chef business pages or social media?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are representing our brand and promoting our products. Therefore, mentioning or promoting other direct sales companies on your business pages or social media is not allowed.

3. Can I attend events or fairs and sell products from other direct sales companies alongside Pampered Chef products?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are only allowed to promote and sell our products at events or fairs. Selling products from other direct sales companies at the same time would go against our policies.

4. Can I join other direct sales companies while being a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you are free to join other direct sales companies. However, you must ensure that you are not promoting or selling their products while representing Pampered Chef. This includes not mentioning or promoting them on your Pampered Chef business pages or social media.

5. What happens if I violate the policy and sell products from other direct sales companies while being a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you violate the policy, you may face consequences such as termination of your consultant agreement with Pampered Chef. It is important to adhere to the policies and guidelines to maintain a positive and professional image of yourself and the company you represent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • makeawhisk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • pamela