• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Something New: Share Your Favorite Meat Loaf Recipe!

In summary, the conversation is about sharing meatloaf recipes. The original poster is looking for a new recipe and mentions that they usually make their meatloaf in a Deep Dish Baker for extra sauce in every bite. Others suggest recipes made with ground beef or ground turkey, and one person shares their own recipe for a 2-pound loaf. The original poster then updates the conversation with their own successful meatloaf recipe made with ground beef, breadcrumbs, tomato soup, and other ingredients.
ChefPaulaB
Can anyone share their favorite meat loaf recipe... I don't make it very often and I always forget which recipe (of my 1000's of recipes) that I use, so I thought if someone else had a favorite that sounded good I'd try a new recipe. I don't care which stone it's done in... I usually make mine in the Deep Dish Baker because I like to get lots of the sauce in every bite, so making it in the DDB makes it thinner with sauce on every bite. But most meat loaf recipes are interchangeable as far as pans. I'm planning on making it in the oven, just one of those colder days where you want the oven on! Thanks in advance!

Re: meatloafThe Southwest Meatloaf is actually pretty good! I love my MIL's recipe but that's at home so I can't give it to you now.

Re: meatloafI usually just throw things in, but here are rough estimates:

1 1/2 lb ground meat
3/4 - 1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 c ketchup
1 egg
s/p
Worchester sauce - 2 or 3 shakes

Then my topping is sweet - we like it:
ketchup, mustard and brown sugar

Pretty basic, but basic can be good! :)

Re: meatloafI have a different type of meatloaf recipe - made with ground turkey. It's our favorite, and when I was a Personal Chef, it was a client favorite too. The meatloaf sorta makes it's own glaze, but I would imagine that if you wanted more sauce, you could put a Teriyaki Glaze on top...

I like it because it's healthier than the average meatloaf, and is full of veggies...

Attachments

• Teriyaki Meatloaf.doc
    15.5 KB · Views: 376
Re: meatloaf2 lbs ground beef... i like 90/10
1/2 c. + 3 T. Ketchup
1/4 c. + 1 1/2 T. minced onion
1/2 c. + 3 T quick cooking oats
3 T. parsley
1 1/2 T. brown sugar
1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
1/4 + 1/8 tsp pepper
2 eggsPut all ingredients except beef into classic batter bowl. Add meat last. Get in there with your "clean :)" hands and knead it all in. form into a loaf and place on broiler pan. Add 1/3 c ketchup to the top of loaf with the baster. bake at 350 for an hour and ten mins. let stand ten mins before slicing. i served mine tonite with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans. yummy!!! extra ketchup at the table for anyone who wants it!

Re: meatloafsorry all the amounts are weird... i converted this recipe to a 2 lb loaf from a 1 1/2 lb loaf. :)

Re: meatloafThanks for all of the responses, didn't catch the last one until this morning. I made mine by just kind of throwing things together. 2 pounds ground beef, about 1 cup (maybe a little more) bread crumbs, half a can tomato soup, onion, 2 eggs, salt and pepper, one garlic clove, crushed (always have to add that), and a splash or Worcestershire... then I mixed it all together with my KitchenAid (love that I don't have to stick my hands in there). Put it all in the DDB, then mixed the rest of the tomato soup, some ketchup and a couple Tablespoons Brown sugar. Baked for an hour and half. It was awesome. Also made scalloped potatoes and green beans. Great meal for a change (we're usually running by the seat of our pants and don't have time for real meals). thanks again!

Hi there! I'm so glad you're looking to try something new with your meat loaf recipe. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have access to a wide variety of delicious recipes, and I have to say, my favorite meat loaf recipe is the Savory Bacon-Wrapped Meat Loaf. It's a twist on the classic meat loaf, with a delicious bacon-wrapped exterior that adds a smoky and savory flavor to the dish.To make this recipe, you'll need our Rectangular Baker, which is perfect for shaping and baking the meat loaf. I also recommend using our Food Chopper to easily chop up the vegetables and bacon for the recipe.Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup ketchup (for topping)Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Take a handful of the meat mixture and shape it into a loaf in the center of the Rectangular Baker.
3. Wrap the bacon slices around the meat loaf, tucking the ends underneath.
4. Spread 1/4 cup of ketchup over the top of the bacon-wrapped meat loaf.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
6. Let the meat loaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do! Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need for the meatloaf?

The ingredients for this meatloaf recipe are 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1 beaten egg, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.

2. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?

Yes, you can definitely use ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef in this recipe. You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly since ground turkey tends to cook faster than ground beef.

3. Do I need to use a specific type of bread crumbs?

You can use any type of bread crumbs in this recipe, such as panko, Italian seasoned, or plain. You can also substitute with crushed crackers or oats if desired.

4. How long should I bake the meatloaf?

The meatloaf should bake for about 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the center of the loaf and ensuring it reads at least 160 degrees.

5. Can I add additional ingredients to the meatloaf?

Absolutely! This recipe is a great base for adding your own personal touch. Some popular additions include diced bell peppers, shredded cheese, or a glaze on top made with ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Mitzyz
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies