1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Can anyone share their favorite meat loaf recipe... I don't make it

1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Can anyone share their favorite meat loaf recipe... I don't make it very often and I always forget which recipe (of my 1000's of recipes) that I use, so I thought if someone else had a favorite that sounded good I'd try a new recipe. I don't care which stone it's done in... I usually make mine in the Deep Dish Baker because I like to get lots of the sauce in every bite, so making it in the DDB makes it thinner with sauce on every bite. But most meat loaf recipes are interchangeable as far as pans. I'm planning on making it in the oven, just one of those colder days where you want the oven on! Thanks in advance!

Oct 5, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Re: meatloaf

The Southwest Meatloaf is actually pretty good! I love my MIL's recipe but that's at home so I can't give it to you now.

Oct 5, 2009
  3. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I usually just throw things in, but here are rough estimates:

1 1/2 lb ground meat
    3/4 - 1 cup bread crumbs
    1/4 c ketchup
    1 egg
    s/p
    Worchester sauce - 2 or 3 shakes

Then my topping is sweet - we like it:
    ketchup, mustard and brown sugar

Pretty basic, but basic can be good! :)

Oct 5, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have a different type of meatloaf recipe - made with ground turkey. It's our favorite, and when I was a Personal Chef, it was a client favorite too. The meatloaf sorta makes it's own glaze, but I would imagine that if you wanted more sauce, you could put a Teriyaki Glaze on top...

I like it because it's healthier than the average meatloaf, and is full of veggies...

Attached Files:

Oct 5, 2009
  5. mmoran4pc

mmoran4pc Novice Member

2 lbs ground beef... i like 90/10
    1/2 c. + 3 T. Ketchup
    1/4 c. + 1 1/2 T. minced onion
    1/2 c. + 3 T quick cooking oats
    3 T. parsley
    1 1/2 T. brown sugar
    1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
    1/4 + 1/8 tsp pepper
    2 eggs

Put all ingredients except beef into classic batter bowl. Add meat last. Get in there with your "clean :)" hands and knead it all in. form into a loaf and place on broiler pan. Add 1/3 c ketchup to the top of loaf with the baster. bake at 350 for an hour and ten mins. let stand ten mins before slicing.

i served mine tonite with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans. yummy!!! extra ketchup at the table for anyone who wants it!

Oct 5, 2009
  6. mmoran4pc

mmoran4pc Novice Member

sorry all the amounts are weird... i converted this recipe to a 2 lb loaf from a 1 1/2 lb loaf. :)

Oct 6, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Thanks for all of the responses, didn't catch the last one until this morning. I made mine by just kind of throwing things together. 2 pounds ground beef, about 1 cup (maybe a little more) bread crumbs, half a can tomato soup, onion, 2 eggs, salt and pepper, one garlic clove, crushed (always have to add that), and a splash or Worcestershire... then I mixed it all together with my KitchenAid (love that I don't have to stick my hands in there). Put it all in the DDB, then mixed the rest of the tomato soup, some ketchup and a couple Tablespoons Brown sugar. Baked for an hour and half. It was awesome. Also made scalloped potatoes and green beans. Great meal for a change (we're usually running by the seat of our pants and don't have time for real meals). thanks again!

Oct 6, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted