• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is the Return Policy for Party Hosts Fair?

In summary, the customer was disappointed with how she was treated by HO and is considering not purchasing from them again. The host offers to refund the customer for the cracked DCB if she hosts a show.
baychef
Silver Member
Today I received the following e-mail from a host. Her party was over $1000 and we had a great time at her party.

I am disappointed in how she was treated by HO. Part time holiday help or not, they should not have people answer the phones if they can not help better she was helped.

Hi Ann,

I am not real happy with the return policy for my skillet. The first time I called I was on hold for 40 minutes before I hung up. the next time I called I was about 20 minutes when I finally talked to someone. She was rude to say the least. I didn't realize that I have to find a box to send the skillet back in and have to pay for shipping it back to them. I think for what you pay for these pans you shouldn't have to do all this. She then said that I should make sure it was defective because if not they would send the old one back to me. Well did she actually think I would send a pan back for nothing? If it is a lifetime guarantee and for what they cost you shouldn't have to deal with all this. Like I said not real happy and will think long and hard before I have another party, and as you are aware I have had some pretty large parties in the past.
Just wondered if there was anything any different I could do.
Thanks,

I decided not to put this behind the apron because if there is an HO member on this site, they need to be aware of this. Not sure how to handle this with HO. My work days have been extremely long and I don't have time to wait. And after reading another thread, I would say that the e-mail method is not working well either.

One option would be to offer to ship it back for her if she can drop the pan off at your house, something I've done for other customers who've complained about having to ship something, esp. the skillet, back on their dime. It sounds like you're busy so perhaps not so convenient for you to swing by and pick it up from her, which I would not offer to anyone besides a good host like she's been. While the person on the phone at HO may or may not have been rude, your host didn't hear what she wanted, ie. having to ship it back and the heads up that if it's found not to be under warranty it will get returned to her, but that is HO's policy.

I just met someone yesterday who said she would never buy from PC again. Said she returned her cracked DCB and they said what she sent was a large bar pan so that's what they sent her as a replacement. I offered a half-price DCB if she hosts. She then started to round up people to come to a show. My only thought is that there was a mix-up in the returns processing area (more likely), or when she sent a small piece of the DCB back it didn't have the glaze on it.

I still vote for having customers contact HO directly then step into the gap if the customer is not satisfied.

I'd just explain to her that because of people abusing the return policy, that they are having to get more strict. Unfortunately, not everyone is honest. Some people will go out of their way to be deceptive just to "get a deal" ~ without realizing that deception is theft. These people will drop a pan on the floor, use metal utensils & scratch up the surface or put the executive cookware in the dishwasher & then try to return it & call the damage "normal wear & tear" ... it's unfortunate that the HO has had to crack down on their rules and elaborate to customers & hosts that they shouldn't return an item that's not been damaged under normal wear & tear, but that experience has shown them that it is important to do that to cut down on the number of crazy returns so that they can more quickly process the real returns. I'd also apologize that the customer service rep did not meet her expectation. PC really does strive for excellent customer service, but they just can't account for human nature. Unfortunately there are people out there who get upset at someone/something and have a hard time not letting that anger/frustration show with the next person they encounter. I'd let her know that it's not something that is condoned by PC and in the future you'd encourage her to ask for a supervisor if she encounters someone having a bad day & taking it out on her. That the supervisors would rather know than to let the behavior continue & potentially frustrate even MORE callers.And yes, any returns after the initial 30 day period are at the customer's shipping expense ~ again, probably the result of abuse. PC can't agree to pay for shipping not knowing if it's a valid return or a deceptive one. Heck, even mattresses are that way ... my sister & brother-in-law had an issue with their mattress & learned they would have to box that sucker up & pay for shipping to send it back to the manufacturer. My BIL was mad. He couldn't believe that they expected him to MAIL his mattress back, wait for it to be processed & a new one sent before they could sleep in their bed again. They bought a new mattress (different brand) instead of using the warranty on their other one. But I know there are people out there *coughHubby'sMomcough* who would abuse the return system if companies let them do it.

Thanks everyone. I am a bit disappointed that she came on a little strong as well.

She is a good host but this has been only her second party with me in 5 years. She didn't even remember my name when she went to book this last party. She went through the HO lead system and luckily I did get her again.

Then at her home she accidentally broke my DCB. Offered to pay for it but I wouldn't hear of it. Her friend took the lid because her's had broken. So I feel I have been very good to her as well. She did pay $52 for the 12" skillet as a host bonus from her last party.

I can't take HO's policies and customer service personally, I guess.

She lives about 35 miles from me one way, so swinging by is not an option. Plus after having to spend money to replace my DCB, I am not feeling like dishing out another $20 bucks or so just for postage (add gas to that as well if I went over to pick it up)

Perhaps all of this and disappointment with HO just had me a bit speechless this morning. I needed some good advice (thank you all!!) and some time before I responded.

Thank you again for all of your great words and advice.

Oh, I'd definitely not go out of my way then. She got some great rewards with her show & (now that I think about it) probably got a pretty good deal on that item! My guess is she's mad because she's afraid what ever she did won't be covered under warranty. ;) The trouble makers are usually the ones in the wrong. I had a guest make a big deal at a show about another consultant stealing her money & not giving her or the host her products. I actually knew the girl she was talking about and was completely shocked at the thought of THAT girl doing such a thing. I wasn't falling for the customer's lie. After the show I did some investigating with HO & the previous consultant & proved to the customer that she didn't order those knives from the other consultant's/host's show and all she could say was "Oh. Okay. Will you add them to this order then?" Done! LOL ChaChing! More sales on this show. Thanks Miss Fussy Pants who doesn't know how to apologize for making such a fuss when you were wrong ... I'll take that $75 sale and the host will be thrilled as well. Your addition to your original order just put her into a new category ... LOL

Perhaps I am a little cynical, but don't alway believe a customer. Especially when it comes to our cookware. I have the executive cookware in my house for at least 4 years. It could be longer. I am tough on my cookware. I never "abuse" it with metal utensils and the dishwasher, but I am tough. My cookware looks used, but is still in great condition. I figure when someone is sending an executive pieice back, they have done something to it. While it is hard to explain to the customer that we need to inspect the piece, I do say what Sheila said in the previous statement. I tell them our policy and why we need to protect ourselves against people who have abused our warrenty. I add a little antidotal about a customer who took her skillet camping and cooked over a fire and want me to replace it. I also tell the customer that the warrenty protects against manufacturer's defects and not user error. Then I tell if she believes it is a defect and not user error she can return it.

Ann, you did fine. It is hard to not please a customer.

Thanks again. I looked back on her party and she ordered the lid, th 10"skillet and the grill pan for half price as well. That party was $679.

I too have had mine for years, I don't abuse them but I do not baby them either. They are in great shape.

This is what I have written back to her:

Hi XXXXX,

The phone wait time at The Pampered Chef Home Office is poor at this time of year and I do apologize for that. I understand your frustration about the return policy and because of people who have abused the return policy, they have had to get more strict. Unfortunately, not everyone is honest. Some people will go out of their way to be deceptive just to "get a deal" ~ without realizing that deception is theft. Some people have blatantly abused their pans and then tried to return it calling the damage "normal wear and tear". It's unfortunate that the Pampered Chef Home Office has had to crack down on their rules and elaborate to customers and hosts that they shouldn't return an item that's not been damaged under normal wear and tear. I know that you had explained to me that you have not abused your pan.

I apologize that the customer service rep did not meet expectations. Pampered Chef really does strive for excellent customer service, and in the future if you encounter this I would encourage you to ask for a supervisor. The supervisors would rather know what is going on rather than to let the behavior continue and potentially frustrate even MORE callers.

I will call the Home Office at some point to see what I can do. Usually when the customer calls they have a better chance of having the item returned. Not sure when I will get to call the Home Office as I am working 60 hour weeks. This time of year they are at their peak with busy phone lines. I will do my best but unfortunately, I can not promise I will have any better luck.

Will let you know how I make out,

Ann

Sounds good. Did she respond yet?

1. What does "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?" mean?

"Can Anyone Offer Any Help?" is a phrase that is typically used to ask for assistance or support from others. It is often asked when someone is facing a problem or challenge and is seeking help from others who may have knowledge or resources to offer.

2. Who can offer help when someone asks "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?"

Anyone can offer help when someone asks "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?" This phrase is often used as a general request for assistance, so it is not directed at any specific group of people. It is open to anyone who is willing and able to provide support.

3. How can I respond to someone asking "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?"

You can respond to someone asking "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?" by offering your assistance, resources, or advice if you have any to offer. You can also offer to connect them with someone who may be able to help. If you are unable to offer any help, you can still show support by offering words of encouragement or simply listening to their problem.

4. When is it appropriate to ask "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?"

It is appropriate to ask "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?" when you are facing a problem or challenge that you cannot handle on your own. This could be a personal issue, a work-related problem, or any other situation where you need support or assistance from others.

5. Is it okay to ask for help when someone says "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?"

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help when someone says "Can Anyone Offer Any Help?" In fact, that is the purpose of this phrase - to ask for help from others. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for support when you need it, as it is a sign of strength and courage to admit when you need help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • cmdtrgd