• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Boxed Cake Mix Be Converted to a Brownie Mix?

In summary, boxed cake mix can be used to make brownies by adding some additional ingredients such as cocoa powder, melted butter, and eggs. For fudgier brownies, chocolate chips or melted chocolate can be added. Gluten-free boxed cake mix can also be used, but adjustments may need to be made. The baking time for boxed cake mix brownies may vary and it's best to follow the specific recipe's instructions and check for doneness with a toothpick.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
ex: cake mix calls for 3 eggs, 1/3 c oil, 1 1/4 c water

brownie mix calls for 2 eggs, 1/2 c oil, 1/4 c water

isn't it basically the same stuff in the mix? it just depends on what you add?

The leavening in the 2 mixes is different. In fact, there's anecdotal evidence that the first brownies were actually meant to be a chocolate cake, but the baker left the leavening out.I've got a book called The Cake Mix Doctor, which uses cake mixes to make other desserts. I can't find anything in it that looks like a brownie.

I found a bunch of ideas on cooks .com. Think I will go for it and see what happens. It's just for a trifle anyway.

Thanks!

Cakes also have more flour in them that brownies do.

I like cake like brownies so I always add an extra egg and they come out great.

etteluap70PC said:
I found a bunch of ideas on cooks .com. Think I will go for it and see what happens. It's just for a trifle anyway.

Thanks!

I use cake for Trifle all the time.

well they cam out like a dense cake which is what I wanted.

All will be well!

1. Can I use a boxed cake mix to make brownies?

Yes, you can use a boxed cake mix to make brownies. It may require a few adjustments, but it is possible.

2. How do I convert a boxed cake mix into a brownie mix?

To convert a boxed cake mix into a brownie mix, you will need to add a few ingredients such as cocoa powder, melted butter, and eggs. You can find specific recipes online for different types of boxed cake mixes.

3. Do I need to add additional ingredients to make boxed cake mix brownies more fudgy?

Yes, if you prefer fudgier brownies, you will need to add additional ingredients such as chocolate chips or melted chocolate to the boxed cake mix.

4. Can I use a gluten-free boxed cake mix to make brownies?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free boxed cake mix to make brownies. Just make sure to check the ingredients and instructions to make any necessary adjustments for a gluten-free recipe.

5. How do I adjust the baking time for boxed cake mix brownies?

The baking time for boxed cake mix brownies may vary depending on the type of pan and the additional ingredients used. It's best to follow the baking instructions on the specific recipe you are using and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the brownies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies