• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Camping Breakfast Recipes for a Memorable Trip!

In summary, the woman wanted to make something different than the usual for a big breakfast, but didn't want something that needed to bake in the small oven they had. She was thinking about making a breakfast casserole on the grill, but didn't have any specific recipes. She also mentioned that they loved scrambled eggs or pancakes, and that they've made bacon and pancakes before.
ChefPaulaB
Hi, we're planning our camping trip for the year and trying to plan our meals. I wanted to make something a little different than the usual for a big breakfast. I don't want something that needs to bake (we have a very small oven and doesn't work well). I was thinking maybe one of the breakfast casseroles but made on the grill? Has anyone ever tried converting to a grill... maybe use a disposable aluminum pan and do like the Ham & CHeese Breakfast squares (not the right name) and put it in the grill with the lid closed... or something like that. We have a pretty big group and I have to make 3 breakfasts, we are making the omelets in a bag for one of them... and I know that one of the others are making breakfast burritos for one and bisquits and gravy for another one, so those are out. And there are just too many of us to try to make pancakes and bacon... so any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any other camping recipes for dinners too, would be interested, always like to wow with something new! TIA!!!

ChefPaulaB said:
Hi, we're planning our camping trip for the year and trying to plan our meals. I wanted to make something a little different than the usual for a big breakfast. I don't want something that needs to bake (we have a very small oven and doesn't work well). I was thinking maybe one of the breakfast casseroles but made on the grill? Has anyone ever tried converting to a grill... maybe use a disposable aluminum pan and do like the Ham & CHeese Breakfast squares (not the right name) and put it in the grill with the lid closed... or something like that. We have a pretty big group and I have to make 3 breakfasts, we are making the omelets in a bag for one of them... and I know that one of the others are making breakfast burritos for one and bisquits and gravy for another one, so those are out. And there are just too many of us to try to make pancakes and bacon... so any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any other camping recipes for dinners too, would be interested, always like to wow with something new! TIA!!!

1 of the CDs off the supply order (past conference) the woman talked about how her family would go camping, but she never wanted to take the double burner griddle because she didn't want to ruin it. Well for some reason she did finally use it & thats ALL she uses now. Point I'm getting at is you can fit a bunch of stuff on it at 1 time. I'll think of things as the day goes on * add them....HTH :D

I know you said that someone was making breakfast burritoes - but this is my favorite camping breakfast, so I had to share.

This feeds 5-6 people, depending on how well they like it, and can be doubled or tripled. It does take a while though.

12 eggs
1 can tamales

Open the tamales and remove husks and add them to the skillet.
Crack all 12 eggs and add them to the skillet.
Use the Mix n' Chop to mish everything together until the eggs are cooked.

We love it and it's easy to make on the fire.

we always make a big "hash" or scramble skillet with the left overs from the night before. Even throw in the garlic bread! Yum!

Oh yeah - try any of the pizza recipes, using an aluminium pizza pan (or a metal one). Make the crusts ahead of time and all you have to do is reheat - melt the toppings.

When we're camping I often make pancakes. I mix together the dry ingredients and bring the eggs, butter, and milk. All I have to do is melt the butter, then mix everything together. Voila! Easy pancakes. (Mine is actually a really eggy waffle recipe that I simply make as pancakes instead of waffles.) I do that or scrambled eggs unless we're having cold cereal. The Furry Guy loves cold cereal.

At my DH's big family reunions, we camp a lot. They've done dutch oven cooking and so I wonder if you could do some sort of potatoes and ham hash that way. But typically we do have the bacon and pancakes (Krusteaz mix-just add water, huge bag from Costco), one time I did French toast. It took a while, but as I fixed them I kept them warm in an aluminum pan covered w/ foil. Trick is to bring a HUGE mixing bowl for the egg mix. (Tupperware's Thatsa bowl was great...shhh, I know) ;) It's neat coming up w/ new recipes for them, but depending on your crowd, they may be wishing for typical breakfast fare. KWIM?

"Girl Scout Breakfast"

Parboil or bake potatoes before you leave on trip, and store ziplock...can precut as well.

Me, Personally, I like to pre-cut everything and bring it in ziplocks...of course, I haven't been camping since TPC was introduced to my life, so that might change!

Dice ingredients you'd like...bell pepper, ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, you get the idea.

Brown potatoes in oil (can use bacon or sausage grease if you start with that as your meat), add vegis, then add scrambled eggs...YUM. Can be made at home, but is definitely best over the campfire!!!

we just came back from camping. for the first time we had cereal or bagels
1 morning I made biscuits & gravy and ham and eggs (took the biscuits already baked from home)
I get tired of getting the kitchen cleaned and then its time for lunch
here we never know when there is a fire ban so I try to take foods that can be prepared in the oven or microwave

nikked said:
"Girl Scout Breakfast"

Parboil or bake potatoes before you leave on trip, and store ziplock...can precut as well.

Me, Personally, I like to pre-cut everything and bring it in ziplocks...of course, I haven't been camping since TPC was introduced to my life, so that might change!

Dice ingredients you'd like...bell pepper, ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, you get the idea.

Brown potatoes in oil (can use bacon or sausage grease if you start with that as your meat), add vegis, then add scrambled eggs...YUM. Can be made at home, but is definitely best over the campfire!!!

We make this every 4th for our Picnic Brunch! Except I use a package of frozen or refrigerated hashbrowns (much easier!), and we do it over a grill in a Cast Iron Skillet.

Fry the bacon/sausage (whichever) and then add the hashbrowns (drain some of the bacon grease if using bacon!) and onions/peppers. Cook & stir a few minutes longer, and then add the eggs (I take them to the park in a bowl, already cracked and mixed with a little milk) and cook and stir until done. Sprinkle with a little grated cheese and some thinly sliced green onion. It looks pretty if you do this, and my DS will eat it if it's covered in cheese.:D
This year, I served it with caramel biscuit bites, and melon balls.

thanks for all of the ideas ladies, I'll let you know what I end up doing and how it turns out!

What are some easy camping breakfast recipes?

Some easy camping breakfast recipes include:
- Breakfast burritos: wrap scrambled eggs, cheese, and sausage in a tortilla and heat over a campfire
- Overnight oats: mix oats, milk, and your favorite toppings in a jar and let sit overnight
- Campfire French toast: dip bread in an egg and milk mixture and cook in a cast iron skillet over a campfire
- Breakfast skillet: cook potatoes, eggs, and bacon in a cast iron skillet over a campfire
- Banana boats: slice a banana and fill with chocolate chips and marshmallows, wrap in foil and cook over a campfire

How do I keep my camping breakfasts healthy?

To keep your camping breakfasts healthy, try incorporating fruits and vegetables into your meals, opting for whole grain options, and limiting processed foods. You can also plan ahead and pack healthy snacks for the trip.

Can I make camping breakfast recipes ahead of time?

Yes, many camping breakfast recipes can be prepared ahead of time. You can pre-assemble breakfast burritos or overnight oats and store them in a cooler until ready to cook. You can also prep ingredients for a breakfast skillet or French toast ahead of time and cook them over a campfire.

What equipment do I need for camping breakfast recipes?

The equipment needed for camping breakfast recipes will depend on the specific recipe, but some essentials include:
- A camp stove or grill
- A cast iron skillet
- Foil for cooking over a campfire
- A cooler for storing ingredients
- Utensils for cooking and serving

Are there vegetarian options for camping breakfast recipes?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian options for camping breakfast recipes. Some ideas include:
- Veggie breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, cheese, and vegetables
- Fruit and yogurt parfaits
- Veggie omelettes cooked in a cast iron skillet
- Avocado toast with whole grain bread and toppings of your choice

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefSharain
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views