• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Campout in the Kitchen: Ideas for Main Dish, Appetizer & Games!

In summary, Jeanie Gay suggests precooking the ground beef with taco seasoning, combining it with salsa, kidney beans, and corn, and simmering it for a longer time to increase the flavor.
gilchrist_pchef
Does anyone have any ideas on a campout in the kitchen theme. I have a host who wants to do this type theme. She wants to do the bite size s'more brownies in the kids cookbook, but I need ideas for a main dish or appetizer. Oh and I also need game ideas.

Thanks,
Brittiny

I just learned this at cluster meeting tonight.
Grill not quite ripe yet bananas on a grill in the skin. use the basting bottle brush with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce to put on the bananas you could also chop nuts and have cool whip too. even ice cream maybe. i don't know just some ideas.

I used to be a Girl Scout leader for years. I have tons of outdoor cooking recipes. One that I love is chicken fajitas. You season chicken strips with fajita seasoning mix, wrap them in foil and cook over a fire (could use a grill or cook on stoneware in the oven). You also cut peppers and onions and cook them in foil packets. You put them on a flour tortilla and add whatever else you like (tomatoes, sauce, grated cheese). It's pretty simple and adaptable to TPC products.

If you need more, let me know and I'll look up more for you.

Jeanie Gay

I think this Taco Soup might work well for you. Precook 1 1/2 lb. ground beef with one package of Taco Seasoning (Ortega). At the campsite, combine meat, 1 jar of Salsa (24 oz. for a crowd) equal amount or double amount of water; 1 or 2 cans (15 oz.) of whole kernal corn, and 1 or 2 cans (15 oz.) of Dark Red Kidney Beans. This would give you the opportunity to use the Can Opener; 8 qt. Cooking Pot; nylon ladle; Mix & Scraper. People will love it. The longer it simmers, the greater the flavor. It is a recipe that stretches to serve a crowd. I want to give credit to my first recruit, Kim in Vermont, who
shared this recipe with me.

Hi Brittiny,What a fun and unique theme idea for a cooking party! I love the bite size s'more brownies from the kids cookbook, they are always a hit with both kids and adults.For a main dish, you could do a twist on traditional camping food and make mini individual pot pies in cast iron skillets. You can use pre-made pie crust and fill them with your choice of protein and vegetables, then bake them in the oven. This is a great option for a campout theme because it is reminiscent of cooking over a campfire.As for appetizers, you could make mini grilled cheese sandwiches using a panini press or a cast iron skillet over a stovetop. You can also set up a build-your-own trail mix bar with different nuts, dried fruits, and chocolate chips for a fun and interactive appetizer.For games, you could do a blindfolded taste test challenge where guests have to identify different ingredients or flavors in a dish. You could also have a scavenger hunt where guests have to find and collect different kitchen tools or ingredients around the house.I hope these ideas help and have a great time at your campout in the kitchen themed party!Best,

1. What are some main dish ideas for a campout in the kitchen?

Some main dish ideas for a campout in the kitchen include grilled kabobs, campfire stew, foil packet meals, and skillet pizzas. You could also try making campfire nachos or a hearty breakfast skillet for dinner.

2. Can you suggest any appetizers for a campout in the kitchen?

For appetizers, you could try making homemade trail mix, roasted chickpeas, or mini campfire pizzas. You could also set up a make-your-own trail mix bar with different types of nuts, dried fruits, and chocolate chips.

3. What are some fun games to play during a campout in the kitchen?

Some fun games to play during a campout in the kitchen include card games like Uno or Go Fish, charades, or a scavenger hunt. You could also set up a s'mores making competition or have a blindfolded taste test challenge with different camping-themed snacks.

4. Are there any vegetarian options for the main dish?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian options for the main dish. You could make grilled veggie skewers, black bean burgers, or a quinoa and vegetable stir fry. You could also try making a vegetarian chili or a hearty lentil and vegetable soup.

5. Can you provide any tips for making a campout in the kitchen successful?

To make your campout in the kitchen successful, make sure to plan ahead and have all necessary ingredients and supplies on hand. Set up a cozy campsite in your kitchen with blankets and pillows, and don't forget to incorporate some campfire elements like roasting marshmallows or making s'mores. Also, involve everyone in the cooking and cleaning process to make it a fun and collaborative experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
towerbabel
  • PCAnna