• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Camera Died!! Any New Camera Suggestions?

In summary, Pampered Chef recommends Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, and Panasonic as the top camera brands for food photography. They do not have any specific model recommendations, but suggest looking for cameras with high resolution, manual settings, and good low-light performance. It is not necessary to invest in an expensive camera for food photography, as many affordable options have great features. A macro lens is recommended for close-up shots, but other lenses such as a prime or zoom lens can also work well. Smartphones can also be used for food photography, but a traditional camera may offer more advanced features and control.
WLMcCoy
My camera finally crapped out on me.. Right in mid holiday season, of course! Sooo.. I am in desperate need of a new one.
I want something that take clear & clean pictures of an active 2 year old. I would like to stay under $350. Any suggestions?

TIA

I have a Cannon PowerShot that takes remarkable photos. It includes a setting for kids and pets, allowing some movement and surprises, yet will take a sharp photo.

Ditto the Canon. The Powershot SD1100 with image stabilization seems to be the popular one for sale this Black Friday... see if you can find it online - most places I've seen it for $149. And it comes in your choice of pretty colors :)

Mine is the SX100 IS.It might have come in silver, but the only choices I had were black, ebony and charcoal.

Aww, KG, you couln't find it in midnight? What a shame.

I love Nikon..mine just died..but I have had it for quite a few years..also my sister is a professional photographer..and she would recommend Nikon in a heart beat..I just got a new CoolPix from Nikon..I think it was the S220

I second the Nikon. . . LOVE mine. . . had 3 Kodak before this Nikon and OMG what a difference. Nikon is def a GREAT CAMERA

pampchefsarah said:
Aww, KG, you couln't find it in midnight? What a shame.

No, the store closed at 9:00.

Cannon still has the best graphics and makes the glass. (Lenses.)

Thanks everyone! After research & suggestions I decided on Canon Powershot SX120 IS. It seemed to have better reviews than even the pricier Nikon & Canons! Can't wait to get it & play with my new camera!

1. What are the top camera brands recommended by Pampered Chef?

We recommend Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, and Panasonic as the top camera brands for food photography.

2. Does Pampered Chef have any specific camera model recommendations?

We do not have any specific model recommendations, as it ultimately depends on your budget and desired features. However, we suggest looking for cameras with high resolution, manual settings, and good low-light performance.

3. Is it necessary to invest in an expensive camera for food photography?

No, it is not necessary to have an expensive camera for food photography. Many affordable options have great features that can produce high-quality images. It is more important to have a good understanding of camera settings and lighting techniques.

4. Are there any specific lenses that work well for food photography?

We recommend using a macro lens for food photography, as it allows for close-up shots with great detail and clarity. However, other lenses such as a prime lens or a zoom lens can also work well depending on your photography style.

5. Can I use a smartphone for food photography instead of a traditional camera?

Yes, you can definitely use a smartphone for food photography. Many smartphones now have high-quality cameras and various photo editing apps available. However, for more advanced features and control, a traditional camera may be a better option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies