1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Camera died!! Any new camera suggestions?

1. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

My camera finally crapped out on me.. Right in mid holiday season, of course! Sooo.. I am in desperate need of a new one.
    I want something that take clear & clean pictures of an active 2 year old. I would like to stay under $350. Any suggestions?

TIA

Nov 27, 2009
  2. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

I have a Cannon PowerShot that takes remarkable photos. It includes a setting for kids and pets, allowing some movement and surprises, yet will take a sharp photo.

3. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Ditto the Canon. The Powershot SD1100 with image stabilization seems to be the popular one for sale this Black Friday... see if you can find it online - most places I've seen it for $149. And it comes in your choice of pretty colors :)

Nov 27, 2009
  4. The_Kitchen_Guy

Mine is the SX100 IS.

It might have come in silver, but the only choices I had were black, ebony and charcoal.

5. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Aww, KG, you couln't find it in midnight? What a shame.

Nov 28, 2009
  6. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

I love Nikon..mine just died..but I have had it for quite a few years..also my sister is a professional photographer..and she would recommend Nikon in a heart beat..I just got a new CoolPix from Nikon..I think it was the S220

Nov 28, 2009
  7. K_Jurich

K_Jurich Member

I second the Nikon. . . LOVE mine. . . had 3 Kodak before this Nikon and OMG what a difference. Nikon is def a GREAT CAMERA

Nov 28, 2009
  8. The_Kitchen_Guy

No, the store closed at 9:00.

Cannon still has the best graphics and makes the glass. (Lenses.)

9. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Thanks everyone! After research & suggestions I decided on Canon Powershot SX120 IS. It seemed to have better reviews than even the pricier Nikon & Canons! Can't wait to get it & play with my new camera!

Nov 30, 2009
Have something to add?