• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling Someone Who's Opened Your Newsletter

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of using email marketing to track customer engagement and whether it is appropriate to contact customers who have shown a high level of interest in the newsletters. Some participants feel it is a sneaky tactic, while others see it as a common practice in the marketing world. Ultimately, it is suggested to contact these customers and ask if they are interested in hosting a party, without mentioning their newsletter engagement. Some participants also share their own experiences with successful bookings from past events.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I love checking the reports from the email service I use after I send out my newsletter, to see who's opened the newsletter, clicked on links, etc.
I also find it very interesting to see who has opened the newsletter most often...
So here's my question:
I'm tempted to call a couple of the people who seem to be opening my newsletter most often to find out what they might be interested in (products, shows, etc), but it seems a bit 'sneaky' (almost as if I've spied on their computer habits and am using those to my advantage). I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but hopefully you'll be able to understand my hesitation!

Also, if I were to call these people, I'd have to come up with a good reason for calling them (some of these are people I just met at a booth, and haven't really had much contact with since).

So - do I call? What do I say?

Or is this just about me being 'phone-phobic'?

Just ask how they're enjoying their newsletter, if theres any questions you can answer, if they're interested in hosting, etc. Ask all the normal questions you would.

I think you can defenitly call! For those who you don't know well I think you can just call and see if they got your newsletter and ask what they thought of it. I dont know if you really want to take my advice because I am pretty new but thats what I think.

pamperedchef88 said:
I think you can defenitly call! For those who you don't know well I think you can just call and see if they got your newsletter and ask what they thought of it. I dont know if you really want to take my advice because I am pretty new but thats what I think.

We've all got great ideas, being new doesn't disqualify you from having one!!

Looking at it from the other end...I wouldn't want to get a call from anyone whose newsletter I opened frequently.

I get quite a few newsletters from other DS companies and if I thought they were going to call me if I opened every one of their newsletters, I would think twice about opening them in the future.

Not to be negative, but, personally, I wouldn't like it.

some of these are people I just met at a booth, and haven't really had much contact with since

I just booked a show from a lady I met at a booth 2 years ago. She gave me her contact info, so I knew it was OK to call. I had contacted her a few times after the booth, but it wasn't a good time for her to host. This time, it was!

I just said, hi, I met you at the such and such fair, haven't talked to you in a while. Are you still interested in having a PC party? Then told her the October host special and said my last open date was the 30th. She is excited and already has $300 in outside orders!

I wouldn't like hearing someone has been monitoring me opening their newsletter. You don't have to mention that. Just Remember, she gave you her phone number...

kam said:
Looking at it from the other end...I wouldn't want to get a call from anyone whose newsletter I opened frequently.

I get quite a few newsletters from other DS companies and if I thought they were going to call me if I opened every one of their newsletters, I would think twice about opening them in the future.

Not to be negative, but, personally, I wouldn't like it.

I agree so I wouldn't say anything about knowing that she opened the NL.

Actually, I plan to call the ones on the bad address report. Those are the people that I may be losing or already have lost contact with!

To those of you feeling ooky about calling these people: it HAS been done to you. You just never realized it. You have had catalogs mailed to you which feature the items you clicked on. Ads across the internet are tailored to what you've clicked on. And you may even have had phone calls based on it (I have at work).It is not something new that Pampered Chef is trying out, it is the way the marketing world works at the moment. You are just seeing a little more of the inner workings than you are used to.That said, as a new consultant who hasn't pushed for email addresses... I have 26 email addresses. 13 were opened, and 3 clicked on it once. Not much for me to track there :p

magentablue said:
To those of you feeling ooky about calling these people: it HAS been done to you. You just never realized it. You have had catalogs mailed to you which feature the items you clicked on. Ads across the internet are tailored to what you've clicked on. And you may even have had phone calls based on it (I have at work).

It is not something new that Pampered Chef is trying out, it is the way the marketing world works at the moment. You are just seeing a little more of the inner workings than you are used to.

That said, as a new consultant who hasn't pushed for email addresses... I have 26 email addresses. 13 were opened, and 3 clicked on it once. Not much for me to track there :p

Yes, I understand all of that.

I guess, I should clarify that if OP were going to call, then, I agree with the others that she should NOT mention calling based on the newsletter.

And, while I might get ads, catalogs, etc based on my clicking, viewing habits, I am never CALLED point blank by one of those companies.

And, I suppose I don't feel as "personally" targeted by those large companies doing marketing that way. I am just a name/number. Whereas, with a consultant, there is a more personal connection. Most likely I know them and they know me.

I would be TICKED is my TS consultant called me and said she noticed I was reading her emails and would I like to order anything...
I think I would unsubscibe that very minute!

do they update this report, I pulled it again and no changed from 10/25 so how do we know if someone opened another area since last report?

Humble Beginnings said:
do they update this report, I pulled it again and no changed from 10/25 so how do we know if someone opened another area since last report?

From the Quick Start Guide for the newsletter:

Review your Warm Call Report.
The Warm Call Report tells you who clicked on specific links in the eNewsletter.
The report is updated on the 1st, 3rd, and 7thday after the eNewsletter is sent to your subscribers list. You will receive an e-mail to let you know when the Warm Call Report has been updated.
Follow up with a phone call. See Effective eNewsletter Follow-Up Conversations on the Customer Connection page in your Personal Web Site Assistant.

1. How can I tell if someone has opened my newsletter?

To check if someone has opened your newsletter, you can view the email tracking data in your Pampered Chef back office. This will show you the number of opens, clicks, and bounces for each newsletter sent.

2. What should I do if someone has opened my newsletter?

If someone has opened your newsletter, this is a great opportunity to follow up with them and continue the conversation. You can reach out to them via email or phone to discuss any products or promotions that caught their interest.

3. Can I see who specifically opened my newsletter?

Unfortunately, we do not have the capability to track individual opens for newsletters. However, you can see the total number of opens and clicks for each newsletter and use that data to inform your follow-up strategy.

4. How often should I call someone who has opened my newsletter?

It is up to your discretion on how often to follow up with someone who has opened your newsletter. We recommend not being too aggressive and giving at least a week in between follow-up attempts.

5. What should I say when calling someone who has opened my newsletter?

When calling someone who has opened your newsletter, you can start by thanking them for taking the time to read it. From there, you can ask if they have any questions or if they would like to learn more about any specific products or promotions mentioned in the newsletter. Remember to be friendly and personable in your approach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies