• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling People on Sunday, Yes or No?

In summary, Emma says it's okay to call people on Sunday nights, but it's a good idea to turn your ringer off if you're sleeping or watching television. Kristen says it's a good time to call on Thursdays and Sundays, and that by that time people are "Smiled out." Lisa says that it's best to call on Sunday afternoons, when people are more likely to be home.
EmmaLeeM
I did a vendor show yesterday, and wanted to make some calls, but is it rude to call people on a Sunday? Would you or NOT?

Thanks,
Emma

Sunday night between 7:00 and 9:00 is my favorite time to make calls!

Lisa

I've struggled with that question, too, mainly because Sunday afternoon is my time to nap! I know if anyone called me during my official nap time, I wouldn't say "yes" to anything!

On the other hand, my director says she makes her calls on Sunday nights.

Of course, then I agonize over whether or not I'm messing up their only TV night, or something!

Can you tell I have issues, phobias, and whatnot? :p

LOL, Oh Ann You seem to analyze a bit too much.... I love it! I called one person and she might sign.... But now I have guests on their way over for dinner so I'll call more tomorrow. Thanks for the replies, my director is on THE CRUISE so I couldn't call her....

Thanks!
Emma

I always always always make calls on Sundays! People are always home!

And my feeling is if you always take a nap on Sundays, you should turn off the ringer on your phone. I would feel no guilt in waking you up if you were my customer. Not passing judgement, just sharing my perspective.

I think we all have telemarketers in the back of our minds here. I for one do not think of Pampered Chef in the same way I think of telemarketers so I had to lecture myself and now I think much differently! My personal opinion, as long as its not right around dinner, go for it! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I consider myself more of a personal contact. I am honestly trying to help other people save time in the kitchen so they have more time with family...and what better day than Sunday to talk about family!? As long as you don't take up a ridiculous amount of their time, why not make the call?

Just my two cents.

~Kristen

I find I have the best luck on Thurs and Sun nights, so go for it!

I don't make calls on Sunday but that is because it is my family day. I wouldn't be bothered though if someone called me, so if it works for you... Go for it!

I would try Sun afternoon or around 7:00pm during the week. I think calling after 8:00 is not great idea. If I was watching my favorite tv show I would look at the caller ID and not pick up.

Y'all have given me "Sunday Call Encouragement"...Thanks!

I don't turn off my ringer on my phone when I'm napping because it might be a PC customer or downline calling!! :) I don't mind their calls!

Y'all have a great week!

Ann,

I had a friend who was a musician. He often had late night gigs and as a result was always sleeping at odd hours. I once called him at 9 a.m. and felt so bad for leaving a message. He assured me that it was okay--he always turned off his ringer--so I keep that in the back of my mind when I make calls.

I always tell my downline--don't hesitate to call, even if you think you might be bothering me. I do not answer the phone if I don't have the time to talk to them, but I will call them back! And of course they can always call my director, so they are covered!

So if a customer picks up the phone while napping or whatever and I feel like I've bothered them, I remember it was their choice to pick up the phone in the first place. And with everyone having caller ID these days, they know it's me!

Telemarketers? Sunday Afternoons?OH my! I don't know about Sunday afternoons for calling. Personal choice I guess but I never find anyone home much before 6 p.m. on Sunday's. EVEN ME! If it's Sudnay afternoon and it is nice and I am not doing PC, I certainly am not going to be in the house!
And as for feeling like a telemarketer remember something, we did not buy a lot of phone numbers to make cold calls so that makes us an invited caller. So never feel bad about following up with anyone who gave you their phone number. The call was asked for.
I have found that Sunday evenings is a great time to call, for me and my clients. (I call during the commercials when Home Makeover and Desperate Housewives is on and never after Grey's Anatomy has started. That's too late.) By that time I am "Smiled out."
That's another thing to remember, if Sunday night is a night when you are tired normally, you won't make good calls. People can hear things we do not mean to convey. You do not want to ever sound, yucky on the phone. So make sure to it is a time when you know you are up and cheerful and ready for business! (unless you told someone you would call on a certain night that is!) You need to keep those phone appointments. I have one tonight for my show on Saturday. My sinuses are killing me but I am staying chipper and happy so Kelly won't know anything is wrong. I do not want to convey to her that I was not happy to talk to her in anyway. Makes them feel not as good about their show and that translates into things you do not want to have happen. Like 20 people, big food bill and $20 in sales. (It could happen!)

The Lord's Day at our house!Personally Sunday is the Lord's Day for us!
9:30 AM We arrive at church
10 AM we have our bible study
10 min. break
11 AM is the morning service
1 PM FREE lunch for the community and the church
2:30 Time to clean up
3 PM Time for the afternoon service
We end up leaving about 5 PM after fellowship and letting the kids play. We then usually go to someone's house to continue the fellowship with the brethren. When we don't go to someone's house, we go home, relax and spend time in devotions with our family. If we had a rough Saturday night (2 year old toddler and 6 month old baby to deal with), we do shorter devotions and take naps! I get to bake with my daughter and make a fun dinner!!
Yes we turn off the ringer. If it's an emergency people have our cell phone numbers. It's a personal choice we have made to save this day for the Lord. All 24 hours of it! I do not answer my phone or do anything with PC that day. We enjoy it that way!!
Debbie

I don't talk PC on Sundays either, due to it being my sabbath I will talk about PC if someone asks or calls but I do not make any PC calls on sundays.

Debbie, I have to agree...God said to rest on Sunday. We usually spend the whole day at the church anyways. In between church services we get something to eat and usually end up practicing drama or singing with other members of the team...have service again at 5 and usually home by 7..then its time for baths, school clothes taken out...etc...I do not work on Sundays unless someone comes up to me and starts talking to me...then I make an appointment for the next day :)

I have made calls on Sunday evening, and its probaly been the best time for contacting people. Monday night has also been good, too. Of course, if someone had an issue with me calling on Sunday, I would honor that.

What an awesome biz!!!!I must say that I make calls on Sunday evenings, it is the best time for me to do it, and actually talk to a real person.

As I was reading these posts, thinking how this biz is so cool that we can make it work for us. If you want to take a whole day off, you can. For me it's tuesday, because I take my son swimming at the health club. Not to say I don't do anything PC, just that that is our day!

I used to work at this restaurant where I had to work valentine's, mother's day, father's day, and no requested days off in december including new years. Then if you asked for time off be prepared because you were on the list, got screwed on tables, shifts you name it. She would make you pay. I was going to school, and it was how dare you go to school when you should work. Oh I am sorry I want to improve my life. I regret putting off PC for so long because this would have been so much better than waiting tables or bartending.

Granted I know that I would have more $ right now, especially when a friend of mine said she made $350 on mother's day in four hours, however spending the whole day with family was priceless and I ejoyed every minute.

Sorry to go on and on! Orginal ?, I call on Sunday's it's a great time for me.
Do what works for you!:D

Amanda, you are so right. I think that the fact you can do whatever you want with PC is wonderful and that you can incorporate it into your life. If Sunday is your sabbath, you can handle that how you choose and no one is going to call and bug you about it.

I too agreeI love that fact that some of you have made the decision not to work Sunday and know you can do that without answering to anyone. I love that fact that I can work on Sundays because that is what works for me and I won't get in trouble for it. It's so great being my own boss! Work when I want, not when someone else wants me too. No one telling me I am right or wrong because I make those decisions. TOO COOL! I have been doing PC for almost 6 years and that is still the part of this I REALLY LOVE! IT'S MINE!

John: Are you "following" me? LOL:p

YepI Certainly Is!

Sunday or not????Sundays are also a church/family day for us - and we live in a very conservative community where Sundays are considered by many to be off limits for work of any kind. I personally don't have a problem with calls on Sunday, but don't want to offend people or turn them off to PC & me, so how I have handled it is this way:
I do not make regular customer service and/or booking calls on Sundays, however, I ALWAYS ask hosts and potential hosts & recruits about best times to call - and if they say they are always home Sunday afternoons or evenings, than I know I can give them a call! I like knowing I have that "permission" and that they are looking for me to call then!
I agree with all those who have already said how wonderful it is that you can make PC your own business and run it the way that fits you and your lifestyle. I love the fact that PC never interrupts time with my family, or my time attending church or volunteering at church or other places - I worked in Retail Management for years - and that controls your life! PC just helps me live the life that I want - love it, love it, love it!!

I don't make calls on Sunday either unless the host/customer clarifies that sunday is the best day to call. I've actually been in the business a little over one year and have only held one sun. party....it's weird but anyways we are at church from 945am to about 1230 and then we go eat lunch and spend the day together and then church is at 6pm so it's sorta tied up with my own family and church. I feel like i'm intruding when i call on sundays.

Personally, I do make calls on Sunday afternoons. I always reintroduce myself and ask of "this is an ok time to talk." I've never had anyone offended. Another thing to remember is that although many people observe their Sabbath on Sundays, there are many others who observe theirs on Saturday. As a point of interest, the Jewish Sabbath is actually observed from sundown Friday evening to sundown Saturday evening. However, you wouldn't have to worry about offending a Jewish family with a call on Sabbath in that if they are strictly observant, most won't answer the phones during that time.Anyway, that's my long-winded way of saying that I feel that if people are having a family or sacred day, they won't answer the phone if they don't want to.I offer shows on Sundays as well. I personally find that a lot of people like Sunday afternoon shows.

You have to make that choice for yourself. Personally, Sunday is the Lord's day at my home and we use it for church, a family and friend lunch and rest. If you call me on Sunday....or anyone in my church for that matter....you will wake me up from my nap. After working full time all week, being a mom, wife, sunday school teacher, activity driver, PC consultant, etc I take my sunday afternoon rest very seriously. LOL But, some people observe the Lord's day on Saturday and they work on Sunday. Everyone is different and that is why this business is so great. I generally just ask my hosts and customers when is the best time for them.

1. Can I call people on Sundays as part of my work with Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef has a strict policy against making calls to customers or potential customers on Sundays. We value our customers' personal time and believe that Sundays should be reserved for rest and relaxation.

2. Why is it not allowed to call people on Sundays?

Pampered Chef wants to respect our customers' personal time and boundaries. We understand that Sundays are a day for family and rest, and we do not want to disrupt that with business-related calls.

3. Can I send messages or emails to customers on Sundays instead of calling?

No, our policy applies to all forms of communication, including messages and emails, on Sundays. We want to give our customers a break from any kind of business-related communication on this day.

4. What should I do if a customer specifically requests to be contacted on a Sunday?

In this case, please let your manager know and they will handle the situation accordingly. Pampered Chef stands by our policy and will not make exceptions to contacting customers on Sundays.

5. Are there any exceptions to the no-Sunday-calling policy?

Our policy applies to all Pampered Chef employees and consultants. We believe that everyone deserves a day of rest and we want to respect that for both our employees and customers. Therefore, there are no exceptions to this policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
micocina
  • scottcooks