• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling on My Italian Cheffer Cooks...

In summary, here is a delicious and authentic recipe for Minestrone Soup that has been passed down in my family for generations. It is packed with vegetables, beans, and pasta, and is perfect for a comforting and satisfying meal. Happy cooking!
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I would love a really good authentic recipe for Minestrone Soup! Anyone have a great one that was passed down from your granny from back in the old country?

thanks!

I don't, but will see if one of DH's sister's does... might take me a couple of days. I have to deal with a very sick dog at the emergency vet, a pending surgery, and praying for a financial miracle. Once I'm done with that, I'll call them and see what I can find for you.

Great avitar pic by the way! :)

Thanks Kacey - I hope all goes well with the pooch, the surgery and the $$. Hugs!

I can dig one out... I have never made it only eaten it (mmmmmm). MY Dh doesn't like minestone. Of couse he doesnt like Itialian much especially authentic... silly man....

Hi there! Minestrone soup is one of my all-time favorite dishes and I would be happy to share a delicious and authentic recipe with you. This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations and it never fails to impress. Here's what you'll need:Ingredients:
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup of green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of small pasta (such as ditalini or elbow)
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for servingInstructions:
1. In a large pot, sauté the onions and garlic with a little bit of olive oil until they are translucent.
2. Add in the carrots, celery, zucchini, and green beans and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
3. Pour in the diced tomatoes and cannellini beans, and stir everything together.
4. Add in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and let the soup cook for about 20 minutes.
6. In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and set aside.
7. After 20 minutes, add the cooked pasta to the soup and let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Finally, season the soup with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
9. Serve the minestrone soup hot, topped with grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.I hope you enjoy this recipe and that it becomes a family favorite for you as well. Let me know how it turns out! Happy cooking!

1. What is "Calling on My Italian Cheffer Cooks..."?

"Calling on My Italian Cheffer Cooks..." is a virtual cooking class offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on teaching traditional Italian cooking techniques and recipes.

2. How long is the class and what does it include?

The class is approximately 1-2 hours long and includes live demonstrations of Italian dishes, step-by-step instructions, and cooking tips from our experienced Italian Cheffer Cooks.

3. Do I need to have any prior cooking experience to participate?

No prior cooking experience is required for this class. Our Italian Cheffer Cooks will guide you through each recipe and provide helpful tips along the way.

4. What ingredients and equipment do I need for the class?

A list of required ingredients and equipment will be provided to you upon registration. Most ingredients can be found at your local grocery store and the equipment needed is basic kitchen tools.

5. Can I ask questions during the class?

Absolutely! Our Italian Cheffer Cooks will be available to answer any questions you may have during the live class. You can also use the chat feature to communicate with other participants and the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • casescafe
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies