• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling Guests: Establish Yourself as a Caring Kitchen Consultant

In summary, the conversation discussed different approaches to calling guests for parties and the importance of not being too pushy. One person shared their experience of being contacted by a pushy consultant for a Home and Garden party and feeling attacked for declining the invitation. Others shared their own experiences and approaches to calling guests and how they handle attendance. The conversation also touched on dealing with pushy consultants from other companies.
kitchenqueen
I just thought I would share this with everyone in regards to calling our guests. I know we all have different ways and such. And I think calling guests is a great way to establish yourself as being a caring kitchen consultant! But when do you begin to call......

One of my preferred customers (who happens to be an Avon and Partylite consultant!) had invited me to a Home and Garden party she was hosting for this past weekend. She is so nice and has booked her 3rd show with me (she won't sell PC because she already does 2 home based businesses) Anyway, she called to see if I would be able to make it. Something came up with my husband's unit (he is in the Army) and he wasn't going to be able to watch our daughter so I declined the invite. Well, the consultant for the Home and Garden party called me the very next day asking why I wouldn't be able to attend - I have to say I was somewhat caught off guard by it because really it wasn't any of her business. I politely told her the reason, being my daughter. She quickly responded with "I don't mind kids at all!" Okay - I thought BUT my daughter has officially entered the dreaded terrible twos and taking her to a home show wouldn't be the best idea for her, myself and the other guests :rolleyes: !! HAHA!! Trips to the grocery store is even a chore as I'm sure many of you can relate! Anyway, she continued to make it seem like it was just an excuse and to just come to the party!! She continued to inform me about the games we would play and the ALL the prizes she was going to give away, etc. I honestly felt like I was being attacked because I couldn't make it. I told her that I was planning on making an outside order, but being there just wasn't going to happen. She FINALLY caught on and "let me go". Please don't interpret this as me saying that Home and Garden reps are pushy - this paticular one happened to be a pushy rep. Anyway the host called me back and asked what she said to me - I was honest with her and told her. She was mortified because this consultant was doing this with EVERYONE who declined the invites and made them feel the same way I felt - attacked!

This got me thinking about how I approach my guests. I have to say I don't "force" my guests to come...I leave that to my hosts :p (hehe). I just call them afterwards to see how the products they ordered are working for them, etc. I feel that the host has more of a comfort level with the guests than I do. That is also where my host coaching comes into play! I don't want to be a pushy rep and I definitley don't want people to run away from me when they see me at the store! The reason for telling this story though was to see how you all approach your guests and how you deal with attendance. Being put in the postiton as a guest again really put things into perspective. Also, if you call your guests before the show - what do you say? Does this help your show attendance? I'm still a "rookie" and would love to hear what everyone else does. I love learning new things for PC!! :D Thanks for everyone's help!

Last edited:
Wow! That would really irritate me. I suppose I could understand one quick call if she heard you weren't able to come (although I don't think I would do it as a consultant) to just introduce herself, maybe let you know what the specials were and to just leave you with her number if you had any questions, but that sounded like it was WAY overboard. No thanks! That would put a bad taste in my mouth to even place an outside order.

THanks for shaing that experience. I'm still shaking my head. :confused:

I just ran into a very pushy Princess House consultant. In fact, I had a show on saturday and she was the first guest there. Well 5 minutes later, a second guest showed up and and asked my host if she had any bookings yet. The host said no and the first guest (that turned out to be the hosts aunt) started asking if she liked princess house and all about the specials that are coming up and then after like 5-7 minutes said "You don't mind me talking to her, do you?" Well I wanted to say "You're damn right, I mind!" I mean, I would never do that. Thank god she left within the first 10 minutes after that b/c her cat was having kittens! Man, sometimes people can just be ruthless! :rolleyes:

Ruthless ConsultantsThat was just flat out RUDE of her to do that!! And I'm sure she knows what she did! Some people have no shame at all unfortunately. Dealing with them isn't very easy! :rolleyes: It sounds like you handled yourself very well though!

PampMomof3 said:
I just ran into a very pushy Princess House consultant. In fact, I had a show on saturday and she was the first guest there. Well 5 minutes later, a second guest showed up and and asked my host if she had any bookings yet. The host said no and the first guest (that turned out to be the hosts aunt) started asking if she liked princess house and all about the specials that are coming up and then after like 5-7 minutes said "You don't mind me talking to her, do you?" Well I wanted to say "You're damn right, I mind!" I mean, I would never do that. Thank god she left within the first 10 minutes after that b/c her cat was having kittens! Man, sometimes people can just be ruthless! :rolleyes:

DittoI feel the same way as Erica. I hosted a Partylite Party for someone, and that would be like me asking everyone there if they would like to Host a Pampered Chef party. I would never do that, that was just RUDE. Some people just don't care I guess.

What is the purpose of calling guests as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The purpose of calling guests as a Pampered Chef consultant is to establish yourself as a caring kitchen consultant and build a strong relationship with potential customers. This allows you to showcase the products and services offered by Pampered Chef and provide personalized recommendations for their kitchen needs.

When should I start calling guests?

You should start calling guests as soon as possible after they have attended a Pampered Chef party or event. This ensures that the products and the experience are fresh in their minds and they are more likely to be receptive to your call.

What should I say when calling guests?

When calling guests, make sure to introduce yourself as a Pampered Chef consultant and thank them for attending the party or event. Ask them about their experience and if they have any questions or concerns. Then, offer to assist them with any kitchen needs they may have and provide them with information on upcoming specials or promotions.

How can I make the call more personal and caring?

To make the call more personal and caring, take the time to listen to your guests and ask them about their specific kitchen needs and preferences. Use their name throughout the conversation and offer personalized recommendations based on their interests and concerns. Show genuine interest and enthusiasm in helping them improve their cooking and entertaining experience.

What should I do if a guest is not interested in purchasing at the moment?

If a guest is not interested in purchasing at the moment, thank them for their time and offer to stay in touch with them for future promotions or products that may interest them. You can also suggest hosting a party or event of their own to earn free and discounted products. Remember to always be respectful and understanding of their decision and maintain a positive and caring attitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pcsharon1