• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dell Laptop and Printer Reviews from Real Owners - Share Your Experience!

In summary, Paulette is considering getting a new laptop, but is also considering a Compaq. She likes her Toshiba laptop, but is looking for a better one. Kasey likes her PrintMaster laser printer, but is also looking for a new one. Lamar likes his Dell laptop and hasn't had any issues with it. Janet is considering a Vostro laptop.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Ok I am about to order my Dell laptop... please let me know what you think of yours and if you also have a dell Printer.

Back ground... I have loved my Toshiba laptop and HP 3 in one printer for 5 years but it is about time to upgrade....

I have had my Dell laptop for 3 years now. I love it and I take it to all my shows. The only thing right now is my battery life has died.
My son has a laptop too, he is only 10. So it isn't used much. He uses for school papers and such. We haven't had any problems with either of them.
My sister has used Dell's support before and they have been great at walking her through anything.

I love my dell laptop & I have a laser printer too but the toner is HIGH $$

Dell is not high rated for their laptops, pc's yes. Compaq makes a better laptop and it can withstand a beating as well. We have updated the warranty and are able to get it repaired for free. We have a Dell pc and its awesome, but I wouldnt trade my Compaq Laptop.

I love my Dell laptop. I use it strictly for shows. It came with a printer but DH uses that printer at his store - he does not do much printing there so it suits his needs.

Ah, why change from Toshiba? I love my Toshiba touch-screen laptop.

Computers are like cars---everyone has their favorites! I only use Dell - just a personal preference. I love the service they provide if I need it. I have 2 Dell laptops, a desktop and printer - love them all.

Paulette - don't get a Dell Printer - you'll regret it later - trust me.They get cranky with cartridges, etc. and won't accept substitutes.You're better off shopping around for that!

Laptops - I just bought a Compaq (HP) one and love it. If Dell had provided what I wanted/needed at the time I would have gotten a Dell. HP beat Dell on their accidental and 3-year warranty prices when I shopped for mine.Warranty is a must on a laptop.I think you'll be fairly happy with an HP or a Dell. Toshibas that were mentioned are good too...once again, when I spec'd an equivalent one, prices were comparably too high.

Computers are like cars---everyone has their favorites!

You're right - I remember hearing my dad & uncles arguing Ford vs. Chevy vs. "foreign", back in the day.

Dell really did a turnaround with their customer service.

Paulette - are you getting a Vostro, Latitude, or an Inspiron?

I noticed WalMart had a Dell laptop for $795 in their ad this week. Don't remember the specs. since I didn't keep the flyer. I was just thinking how I wish was getting a tax refund:(! I need to get on the phone this week so I can make enough from PC to finally get one!

I have a Dell laptop and have been really happy w/it. I swore I would never buy another one though due to all the problems I had buying it! They send you overseas to people who can't speak English very well! It's a long story.....you don't want to hear!

DH has a Dell and uses it for one of his businesses. He loves it! Hope you get one you love - keep us posted! I hate my Toshiba Satellite - I just got a new Compaq that I'm switching to tomorrow, and we'll sell the Toshiba (for parts, probably!). Can't wait!! :D

Cathy - what model Compaq did you get? I got a 6715b - loving it! :)

It's the Presario C700. It was on promo at Office Depot a few weeks ago. I just need it for PC - P3 and email is all I use on it, and sometimes to load photos to my photo-sharing site. DH has the Dell b/c he is creating his own website and needed more "stuff". I'll let you know how I like it when I get it all set up! I'm just excited to have my Windows programs again! ;) (Windows Vista came with it).

OK lots to answer… sorry I posted just before I got offline for the nite

Kasey…. How is the print quality with your laser printer? Do you ever do photos?

Kay… While I have loved my Toshiba (and would love another one if it had a good rating) I am trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Lamar…. Thanks for the info? How long have you had your dell printer? Any issues?

Janet… as always thanks for the info from the “techie” viewpoint. I am looking at a Vostro.

Anyone else?

YES, Janetupnorth is right, do NOT get a Dell printer. Mine ran out of toner last summer and I HAD to go through Dell to get replacement toner (and pay shipping)- and it would have cost a fortune. It was actually cheaper for me to buy a new printer - which is what I did. I just made sure the replacement cartridges were a reasonable price.
So, a perfectly good Dell printer sits in the basement since I don't want to spend the $ on the Toner. But now I see that Staples (I think) carries Dell cartridges - so maybe it is more cost effective now???

Used my new Dell Latitude D530 for a show today, first time. Love the speed. Everything's fast. P3, internet, switching from Word to P3 to internet. Love it. The batter still has 4:20 hours, 82% remaining. Love that right now because I'm too lazy to plug it in. I won't make that a habit. The only thing I don't care for right now, is the location of the "delete" key. I'll get used to it, but right now I have to look closely before using it.

Yes, the point on the printers is some of the batches work well, some are lemons.They don't take replacement (off-brand) cartridges well and the toner is expensive from Dell. The print quality itself is fine while it works but they aren't made to be long-lasting. I'd stick with a Brother or HP.Paulette - don't have a Vostro, but was really looking at one. I know someone who just got one that likes it so far. They haven't been on the market to really determine the longevity of them, but get a warranty.Also, as a reminder...stick with XP NOT VISTA!!!! :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 with XP. I love it!! I had issue with me cd drive when I first got it but Dell overnighted me a new one and it has worked perfectly since then.

I LOVE, LOVE taking it to shows!!!

I have a Dell. I've had it for 2 years and I loved it until about 3 or 4 months ago when my mouse pad started acting strangely. It seemed ultra sensitive and would cause my cursor to jump all over the place, which was really annoying when I was typing. I'd be typing (and I type fast) and it would jump up a few lines and start typing, really messing me up. I was convinced I used the heck out of this computer and was destined to get a new one already.

Well, I went on dell.com to do some troubleshooting. I uninstalled my mouse driver, then reinstalled the one from the website and the problem seems to have gone away!! I'm SOOOO excited!! I was already planning to use the Best Buy gift cards to get a new laptop, but now it looks like I don't have to.

So, long story short, I'm in love with my Dell once again.....:love:

Thank you all for your input!

I decided to go with a Dell. I have talked to my Dh and he said go for it! (it's my early B-day present / late Christmas present)

One hitch I told DH he could withold the new laptop from me till I get our taxes done. He really liked the idea! Guess I better get on that!

again thanks all!

etteluap70PC said:
Thank you all for your input!

I decided to go with a Dell. I have talked to my Dh and he said go for it! (it's my early B-day present / late Christmas present)

One hitch I told DH he could withold the new laptop from me till I get our taxes done. He really liked the idea! Guess I better get on that!

again thanks all!

Sounds good - hope you enjoy it!

I have the Dell Inspiron 1501 since Nov 2006 LOVE IT!
I also have the Dell Printer that came with it, now I can go to Office Max and get the cartridges refilled cheaper and no shipping OR buy the Lexmark brand replacement [this is new] I am looking to get another soon but it will be a Dell, their service is incredible.:thumbup:

1. How can I participate in the "Calling All Dell Owners!" event?

To participate in the event, simply register on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join the event.

2. What are the benefits of participating in this event?

By participating in "Calling All Dell Owners!", you will have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques, connect with other Dell owners, and have a chance to win exclusive Pampered Chef products.

3. Can I attend this event if I don't own a Dell product?

Yes, this event is open to everyone, regardless of whether you own a Dell product or not. However, some of the cooking demonstrations may feature recipes using Pampered Chef products designed specifically for Dell owners.

4. How long is the event and what can I expect?

The event typically lasts 1-2 hours and includes live cooking demonstrations, interactive discussions, and opportunities to ask questions and connect with other Dell owners. You can expect to have a fun and informative experience while learning new recipes and tips for using your Dell products.

5. Is there a cost to participate in "Calling All Dell Owners!"?

No, there is no cost to participate in the event. However, if you wish to purchase any Pampered Chef products featured during the event, you can do so through your consultant or on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Gina M
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nikked
  • jrny2001
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies