• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Calendars for Moms with a Busy Schedule?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the search for a new calendar/planner that has enough space to keep track of a busy schedule. Suggestions were made to use the PC planner with added stickers or post-it notes for organization. Some preferred a binder style planner for customization, while others suggested checking out Staples for different options. Franklin-Covey was mentioned as a popular and customizable brand. One person shared their method of cutting the spiral binding off and using a binder instead. Overall, the conversation highlighted different ways to make the PC planner work for individual needs.
missyciccolella
OK, I'm in the market for a new calendar and the choices are endless! I'm curious what everyone uses and how you like it.

I'm looking for a calendar/planner that has plenty of room to write on! I have 3 kids and my husband's crazy schedule to keep up as well. I know I want at least 1/2 page for each day with a place for notes, and of course I need to be able to view a month a glance. I had the PC Franklin Covey the 1st year it was out, and wasn't terribly fond of it as it was big and bulky to tote around (I have a spiral bound this year and not crazy about it either as I don't have a lot of room to make notes).

Any suggestions as to what works for you? :confused:

I only use the PC one.
I put small stickers on the days I can do PC, so when the potential hosts look at my calendar they know if thats a work day or not After they book I hi lite it in yellow.
Each family member (3 kids & husband I write their stuff in dfferent color I use the small extra sticky post it notes or write in the margin if I need more room
I don't fill in the sales goal, host ot guest special I keep the insert in newsletter in the pocket.

Teresa Lynn said:
I only use the PC one.
I put small stickers on the days I can do PC, so when the potential hosts look at my calendar they know if thats a work day or not After they book I hi lite it in yellow.
Each family member (3 kids & husband I write their stuff in dfferent color I use the small extra sticky post it notes or write in the margin if I need more room
I don't fill in the sales goal, host ot guest special I keep the insert in newsletter in the pocket.
Good tips, but it is just so big, and I do think I like the binder style better as I can add pages to it.

Teresa Lynn said:
I only use the PC one.

That is EXACTLY what I do! I use the post-it note system for shows and color code my other obligations (just me so the colors let me know if it's personal, pc or my volunteer things).

This is the first year in the 11 years I've been with PC that I've actually used the planner they send us! And I am loving it! I also have a palm pilot but it doesn't travel with me... I just use the to-do list, phone book and as a back-up calendar.

missyciccolella said:
Good tips, but it is just so big, and I do think I like the binder style better as I can add pages to it.

My suggestion is that you head to your nearest Staples. They have a pretty good selection of binder systems. Most of them give you the option to customize in a way that works for you. I suppose Office Max, Office Depot, and the like have them as well. Staples is what's closest to me, so it's what I'm most familiar with.

I'm a big fan of Franklin-Covey. Staples sells what I believe is a discounted, rather generic line of their products. You can always deal directly with Franklin-Covey. They're pricey, but I think they're worth it.

I, too, use the PC planner, but I take it a step further. I cut the spiral binding off of mine & put the pages into a binder. I then used those colored tabs to put month markers on the page. I keep the front cover of the binder b/c of the pocket. I also keep the contact pages & just add the blank ones from each year to the back. This way I can keep the contacts I already have & just add space at the end. Then I have other tabs at the end of the planner for potentials hosts, potential recruits, product information guide & replacement parts sheet. I have one last tab with notebook paper to make notes if I need to.

I have had my Franklin Covey Classic Organizer for over 10 years. I'm actually breaking down for a new binder and inserts this year (Christmas list). But I love the classic zippered binder. For me, it's large enough to plan and take notes in at meetings, but small enough to tote around and the zipper keeps everything in. I get the 2month calender tabs so there is plenty of room to write. I will admit, I don't use the individual pages as much as I should, but I'm going to try that in the new year as well.
Good luck in your search! I know how hard it is to find exactly what you are looking for and be able to utilize it.

I use the Priority Management system for work - it's pretty cool - Time Management Training, Outlook Training, Lotus Notes Training, Project Management Training, Time Management

I took a class on how to use it at my job about 7 years ago, and they even taught us how to keep our email inbox organized, and how to work with a handheld organizer. I use my Palm T/X handheld mostly, but I'm not allowed to synch it with my work computer, so I need to have one calendar that has everything on it.

For the family calendar, I went to Office Depot and got a big Dry-Erase board with a calendar grid on it. I put it over my desk and I write in the month and the days at the beginning of each month, and put each person's stuff in a different color (DH is blue, I'm pink, DS1 is green, DS2 is orange) with the dry erase markers. It helps keep us all organized and we haven't double-booked a day since I got it!
:D

Last edited:
My main calendar is Outlook and my Palm Treo cell phone. I do use the PC calendar they sent to us to take to shows. I highlight the days I have available for shows, then when I do get a show, I make sure to enter in into my Palm which I then sync into Outlook. My Palm calendar is my life. I'd be lost without it. I've been thinking of getting the digital FC Outlook program though. I'm still not sure.

I use the one PC gives us. I have a binder with handles that it fits in. I leave the spiral on and if I have a lot to take with me, I just take the planner out and leave the binder system at home. I never thought about taking the spiral off. If you leave it in the binder it is a great idea. Sometimes the spirals will hinder the page turning.

Mainly a big office desk calendar that I hang on my refridge. It takes up the entire side but there's plenty of room to write in. Also, we use the Yahoo calender for my dh and me to share so he can view it at work.

You guys are wealth of knowledge! I was really looking for input on what you use and how it works for you. Size is big issue with me, but I also need space to write...I'd love to be more computer oriented, but I'm visual and the computer just doesn't fit for me (I so desperately want to be though!)

I think I'm off to Staples as Office Depot only had sets that I could buy...Thank you so much and it is so interesting how everyone does this differently - you have given me lots to think about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What is the benefit of using the "Calendar Suggestions" feature?

The "Calendar Suggestions" feature allows you to easily plan and organize your meals for the week. It suggests recipes based on your preferences, dietary restrictions, and available ingredients, making meal planning effortless and stress-free.

2. How does the "Calendar Suggestions" feature determine which recipes to suggest?

The feature uses a combination of your preferences, dietary restrictions, and available ingredients to generate a list of recipes that are suitable for you. It also takes into account any recipes you have previously saved or marked as favorites.

3. Can I customize the suggested recipes in the "Calendar Suggestions" feature?

Yes, you can customize the suggested recipes by adjusting your preferences and dietary restrictions. You can also add or remove ingredients to further personalize the suggestions.

4. Is there a limit to the number of recipes that can be suggested in the "Calendar Suggestions" feature?

No, there is no limit to the number of recipes that can be suggested. The feature will continue to generate recipes until you have a full week's worth of meals planned.

5. Can I save or print the suggested meal plan from the "Calendar Suggestions" feature?

Yes, you can save the suggested meal plan and print it for your convenience. You can also make any necessary adjustments to the plan before saving or printing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ltkacz
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
abrahamlaur
  • krzymomof4
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • its_me_susan