• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Book Cooking Show Dates? Share Your Tips and Experiences Here!

In summary, the conversation revealed that some people are resistant to booking a show within a certain time frame, even if it is within their availability. The experts suggest various strategies to overcome this obstacle, including changing the show format or finding a consultant.
Liquid Sky
I use post-it notes for available cooking show dates on a monthly calendar for potential hosts to pick their date. I like this method because it's visually appealing and I don't have my whole business out for everyone to see in a calendar. I have experienced tho that everyone, of course, wants to get the last possible date that I have "stickied" for their show.

I know others have (and are starting to use) the weekly calendar method. I know there's psychology behind people thinking you are booking way out when more "flipping" of pages occur.

What do you all do? I would love to hear your experiences!!!!

I have always done weekly. I find it much more effective in booking in close- much better results. Just give it a try for yourself and see what happens!

What weekly calendar are you using?

I have my own weekly planner that I've been using until recently- I printed out the weekly calendar pages from consultant's corner that are formatted just like our monthly consultant planner we get each year.If you search for "weekly calendar" on consultant's corner you'll find it.

kdangel518 said:
I have my own weekly planner that I've been using until recently- I printed out the weekly calendar pages from consultant's corner that are formatted just like our monthly consultant planner we get each year.

If you search for "weekly calendar" on consultant's corner you'll find it.

Great! Thanks

i use somehwat of the sticky notes, i have them on a booking board, and tell them these are the dates taht i have available and if they pick one of these they get an extra gift. i have never had anyone not pick one of those dates! they don't even ask about any other dates, they just pick one of those. and i only put dates up within a 4 week period. i know its not that 'booking close' but its good enough for me.

I have been really struggling to get hosts to book in close...and not 3-4 months down the road (ick!). So--in an attempt to change that, I went to Hallmark and bought a small magnetic "black board" and cute little magnets. I printed about 6 squares with my next available dates on them and let potential hosts choose from those dates.

I've only done this once and it helped some but I still had one person who needed to book a couple months out. I think I'm going to try the weekly calendar trick next! I already have shows booked for Feb and Mar of NEXT YEAR...now that's great if my Oct-Dec was booked but it's not!!

I was using the monthly until conference. I switched to weekly, and I have been averaging 2 bookings at every show since, and right now the only reason why I have November bookings is because all the dates that the girl wanted for October were already booked.

I use the sticky note method but I only put the first two weeks of the month down. Then as the month fills up or progresses along I move them.

wadesgirl said:
I use the sticky note method but I only put the first two weeks of the month down. Then as the month fills up or progresses along I move them.

What do you do/say when someone doesn't/"can't" have their show in that time frame you have stickied?

Liquid Sky said:
What do you do/say when someone doesn't/"can't" have their show in that time frame you have stickied?

I start off by asking them which day of the week would work best for them. Currently I'm booking Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays as my schedule allows. If they give me a day of the week that doesn't work for them I ask them what the next best night is, as I don't book parties on that day.

wadesgirl said:
I start off by asking them which day of the week would work best for them. Currently I'm booking Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays as my schedule allows. If they give me a day of the week that doesn't work for them I ask them what the next best night is, as I don't book parties on that day.

And if they say "well, I just can't have a party then", how do you respond?

PamperedchefDaly said:
And if they say "well, I just can't have a party then", how do you respond?

I've never had anyone that wasn't willing to work with my schedule. I would probably offer to find them a consultant that could do it. Or change to a catalog show.

I just had a lady call me last Tuesday who wanted a Cooking Show. She was a friend of one of my KITK moms. I started out saying, "Which night is best for you?" She said "Tuesdays". I said, "I have October 6th available. Would that work for you?" She said, "Yes that would be great!" WOOHOO! She gave me a list of 39 people to send invites to on Friday and I have them ready to go in the mail! Booking in close works if we are "brave enough" to try it. Yes we will get those who can't but as I told some people, "Most of your friends know more about what they are doing in the next 2 weeks than they do in the next month!"

I can't even get people to book in the current month let alone a week out. I get so sick of hearing "not now, i'm too busy" or "i'd be interested but down the road in a few months". When I do try for a week or 2 out most laugh or don't even let me finish my sentence. I had more November bookings than September and it was only August. I ended up with only 3 for Sept but have 5 already for Oct and 5 for November. We won't even count the cancellations though because "they're too busy". (can you tell I'm sick of that phrase? - like the rest of us have nothing in life to do)

1. How do I access the Pampered Chef Calendar for booking shows?

To access the Pampered Chef Calendar for booking shows, simply log in to your Consultant's Corner account and click on the "Calendar" tab. This will take you to the booking calendar where you can view and manage your scheduled shows.

2. Can I add multiple shows to the calendar at once?

Yes, you can add multiple shows to the calendar at once by clicking on the "Add Show" button and selecting the option to add multiple shows. This will allow you to enter all the necessary information for each show and add them all to the calendar at once.

3. How do I edit or cancel a show on the calendar?

To edit or cancel a show on the calendar, simply click on the show in the calendar and select the option to edit or cancel. This will allow you to make any necessary changes or remove the show from the calendar.

4. Can I view my upcoming shows in a list format?

Yes, you can view your upcoming shows in a list format by clicking on the "List View" option in the top right corner of the calendar. This will display all of your upcoming shows in a list, making it easier to see your schedule at a glance.

5. Is there a way to set reminders for upcoming shows?

Yes, you can set reminders for upcoming shows by clicking on the show in the calendar and selecting the option to set a reminder. You can choose to receive a reminder via email or text message a certain number of days before the show. This can help you stay organized and ensure you don't miss any important shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
paigev71
  • PCSarahjm