• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spooktacular Cake Ideas for Halloween: Discover Delicious Recipes and Tips!

In summary, the author suggests baking a cake in a fluted pan, filling it with crushed Oreos, and writing the recipe's name on the other side of the business card.
heat123
Silver Member
Hey does anyone have a cute Halloween recipe cake to share? I volunteered to make a cake for their fall festival. Or have any websites to recommend for recipes? I picked up the latest pillsbury book and found 1 bride of frankenstein cake recipe but wanted to see if there were other one's out there?

TIA!

I'm using this from the kraft website in my newsletter for oct. I thought it was cute. And it uses the flute pan.

Great Pumpkin Cake
1 pkg. (2-layer) cake mix, any flavor
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
Few drops each: green, red and yellow food coloring
1 COMET Cup

PREPARE cake batter and bake in 12-cup fluted tube pan as directed on package. Cool in pan 10 min. Invert cake onto wire rack; remove pan. Cool
cake completely.
MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and butter in
medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed
until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating until
well blended after each addition. Remove 1/2 cup of
the frosting; place in small bowl. Add green food
coloring; stir until well blended. Spread half of the
green frosting onto outside of ice cream cone; set aside. Cover and reserve remaining green frosting for later use.
ADD red and yellow food colorings to remaining
white frosting to tint it orange. Spread onto cake to
resemble pumpkin. Invert ice cream cone in hole in
top of cake for the pumpkin's stem. Pipe the reserved
green frosting in vertical lines down side of cake.

Sorry, I can't add the pic, but there's one on the website for it. kraftfoods.com

Duh- I totally forgot about the pumpkin cake! I even made it at my daughters mommy and me halloween party! Thanks for the recipe and I will also log onto that website!

I was going to say the pumpkin cake too. You could make it without using a pumpkin flavored cake & just make a choco/vanilla/other flavor cake & turn it into a pumpkin.

you could also do the spider cake in that batter bowl

I have used the mini fluted pan to make a pumpkin patch before. I used spearmint gum drops for the stem and then green foot by the foot to make vines.
I made it for the cake contest for my DS's Boy Scout troop. We lost to a Kitty Litter cake.........can you say yuck?

ohhhh, that spider cake would get all the kids wanting it! :) That's a fantastic idea Jenny!

In the Oct Parents magazine, there was a cake idea that you could do with our products. Bake a cake in the fluted pan (chocolate) and then get a can of chocolate frosting and spread on cake. Then take crushed oreos and put all over cake (like dirt). Take some gummy candy body parts and gummy worms and put all over it. Get a rubber glove and fill it with mini marshmallows and clip it with a Twixit. Use a black marker and make black fingernails and using red marker, make blood splotches on hand and position the hand coming out of the middle of the cake. You can also get some red gel coloring and make blood splotches all over the cake. It was a pretty cool looking cake in the picture.

You could do a corpse bride - like a bride cake, but with icing spider webs, etc.

I made a few things for the cake walk at my son's back to school fun fair. I probably went a little overboard but it was really the only way I could "volunteer." I used my mini fluted pan and made 6 of the Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cakes and put two per plate. I also made the Chewy Caramel Oatmeal Squares or whatever that was. I think it's in the Celebrate cookbook. I put 4-5 squares per plate. And to let people know what they were, I wrote the name on the recipe on the other side of the business card and stapled it to the ziplock bag I slipped each plate in. I was sneaky.:eek: A little subtle way of advertising.

How fun that you can do a Halloween theme! Do you have the mini fluted pan? You can crank out a lot of those. You can make little mini spice cakes or something. Or pumpkin. Have fun!:thumbup: :love:

the candy corn cake using the checkerboard pan

What are some easy and fun cake ideas for Halloween?

Some easy and fun cake ideas for Halloween include spider web cakes, pumpkin cakes, ghost cakes, and monster eye cakes. These can be made using simple decorating techniques and festive Halloween colors.

How can I incorporate traditional Halloween candies into my cake?

You can incorporate traditional Halloween candies into your cake by using them as toppings or decorations. For example, you can use candy corn to create a border around the cake or use gummy worms to make a spooky graveyard scene on top of the cake.

What flavors go well with a Halloween-themed cake?

Some flavors that go well with a Halloween-themed cake include pumpkin, chocolate, cinnamon, and apple. You can also add in fun flavors like candy corn or caramel for a festive twist.

Can I make a Halloween cake without using food coloring?

Yes, you can make a Halloween cake without using food coloring by using natural ingredients like beet juice or turmeric to create vibrant colors. You can also use decorative toppings like sprinkles and candies to add a pop of color to your cake.

Are there any special tools or equipment needed to make a Halloween cake?

No, there are no special tools or equipment needed to make a Halloween cake. However, having a few basic decorating tools such as piping bags, tips, and spatulas can make the process easier. You can also use common kitchen items like toothpicks or knives for creating designs and details on your cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
simonsays
  • PampMomof3