• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake Tester/Bake Sale Idea for You....

In summary, a cake tester is a small, thin metal tool used to test the doneness of baked goods. It can be inserted into the center of the cake or cupcake to determine if it is fully cooked. A toothpick can also be used as a cake tester, but a specifically designed cake tester may be more accurate and reusable. The cake tester is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for best results. It can be a useful tool for a bake sale to show attention to detail and can also be used for testing other foods besides cake, such as muffins, brownies, and vegetables. It is recommended to use a separate tester for non-baked goods to avoid cross-contamination.
DandelionBouquet
If your school is having a bake sale type thing, here is an idea you can use!!

Take the Cake Tester and put Gummy Worms and other such things on it (like a skewer)...and you have a candy shish-kabob!!

Not only are you the hero of the class moms...because you had this brilliant idea..!! But also, attach your business card (use one-hole punch) with a tiny ribbon....and you have inexpensive advertising!!!

Or...you can even "donate" and sell them as they are..place them in a sturdy glass....remember to attach your business card!!

:O)

...What do you think???

You wouldnt even have to go to the trouble of punching the hole and tying the ribbon. At the top of the cake tester is a round part that splits...put your business card in that slot! :)

It would be cute to make one of thos dirt cakes with the gummy worms in it and then put one of those gummy worm skewers in it. :)

Just think of all the multiple uses for that little cake tester!! I use mine a lot for the polymer clay crafts that I do (so tiny for the details!!)...I'm sure the uses for it are endless!

Hello there!

What a creative and fun idea for a bake sale! I love the idea of using the Cake Tester as a candy shish-kabob. Not only will it be a hit with kids, but it's also a great way to showcase the versatility of our products. And attaching your business card is a brilliant way to advertise your business while also supporting the school. I think it's a win-win for everyone involved. Thanks for sharing this idea with us! Happy baking!

1. What is a cake tester and how do I use it?

A cake tester is a small, thin metal tool used to test the doneness of baked goods. To use it, insert the tester into the center of the cake or cupcake. If it comes out clean, without any batter sticking to it, then the cake is fully cooked. If there is still batter on the tester, the cake needs more time in the oven.

2. Can I use a toothpick instead of a cake tester?

Yes, a toothpick can also be used as a cake tester. However, a cake tester is specifically designed for this purpose and may be more accurate. It is also reusable, whereas a toothpick may need to be thrown away after each use.

3. Is the cake tester dishwasher safe?

Yes, our cake tester is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the tool.

4. How can I use the cake tester for a bake sale?

The cake tester can be a great tool for a bake sale as it allows customers to easily test the doneness of your baked goods before purchasing. You can display the tester next to your treats with a sign inviting customers to use it. This will show your attention to detail and commitment to quality.

5. Can I use the cake tester for other foods besides cake?

Yes, the cake tester can also be used for testing the doneness of other baked goods, such as muffins, brownies, and quick breads. It can also be used to test the doneness of boiled or steamed vegetables, such as potatoes or carrots. However, we recommend using a separate tester for non-baked goods to avoid cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
linda0321
  • Jules711
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies