• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Cake Mixes: Chocolate & Lemon - Worth the Price?

In summary, the chocolate and lemon cake mixes do not taste good. They are expensive and do not live up to the hype.
Happy Mom
Has anyone tried the chocolate or lemon cake mixes? Do they taste good?

Did I read the description correctly that a box only makes one single, 9 inch layer?

That seems very expensive.

Yes, I've had them and they ARE very good. I like the lemon one best. I've really only made them to have samples at various booths I've done over the holidays to attract people to my table. I made them in the mini muffin pans, then quartered each one to have little bite-size samples. I've never had anyone buy them. I won't be surprised if those get discontinued. Although you'd pay probably $5 or $6 to have a slice of one of these in a nicer restaurant, I just don't see people buying them. I guess we'll see what they do with these products!

I earned my cake mixes but haven't made them yet...I was kind of waiting for a special occasion. Maybe when my babies are born I will make a double layer cake or two separate cakes....one for each twin! LOL

DissappointingI as well earned them and have tried both. I would not pay $9 for them, thus I have not sold any of them. I have bought food items from Tastefully Simple for less that are MUCH better. I would pay $9 for a cake if it was out of this world. And unfortionately, I would describe PC as out of any world! :(

I've made both, and am disappointedI've made both cakes two times each, and was disappointed every time. The flavor was fine, but both were very dry, even when baked 5 minutes under the minimum (my oven's accurate, so I can't even blame that). I have actually sold a few, but it certainly wasn't due to my sales pitch, as I don't talk about them. Personally, I hope to see them dropped.

Diane

I earned them too. Our director served the choc at a cluster meeting. I compare the choc one to a very good brownie. Would I spend the money? Nope! I am using them as booking insentives and catalogue show thank you's. So far I can't even give them away. :confused: I hope they are dropped and sure they will be.

What are the ingredients in the chocolate and lemon cake mixes?

The ingredients in the chocolate cake mix include enriched flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. The lemon cake mix contains enriched flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon juice powder, and salt.

Are the cake mixes easy to prepare?

Yes, both the chocolate and lemon cake mixes are very easy to prepare. Simply follow the instructions on the packaging, which typically involve combining the mix with a few additional ingredients such as eggs, oil, and water.

Do the cake mixes taste homemade or store-bought?

Our customers often comment on how the chocolate and lemon cake mixes taste just like homemade cakes. They have a delicious, rich flavor that is comparable to what you would get from a from-scratch recipe.

How many servings does each cake mix make?

The chocolate and lemon cake mixes both make a 9x13 inch cake, which typically yields 12-16 servings depending on the size of the slices. You can also adjust the recipe to make smaller cakes or cupcakes.

Can I add my own ingredients to the cake mixes?

Absolutely! Our cake mixes are very versatile and can be customized to your liking. Feel free to add in additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to create your own unique flavor combinations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • bejams