1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cake mixes

1. Happy Mom

Happy Mom Member

Has anyone tried the chocolate or lemon cake mixes? Do they taste good?

Did I read the description correctly that a box only makes one single, 9 inch layer?

That seems very expensive.

Dec 20, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Yes, I've had them and they ARE very good. I like the lemon one best. I've really only made them to have samples at various booths I've done over the holidays to attract people to my table. I made them in the mini muffin pans, then quartered each one to have little bite-size samples. I've never had anyone buy them. I won't be surprised if those get discontinued. Although you'd pay probably $5 or $6 to have a slice of one of these in a nicer restaurant, I just don't see people buying them. I guess we'll see what they do with these products!

Dec 21, 2005
  3. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

I earned my cake mixes but haven't made them yet...I was kind of waiting for a special occasion. Maybe when my babies are born I will make a double layer cake or two separate cakes....one for each twin! LOL

4. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Dissappointing

I as well earned them and have tried both. I would not pay $9 for them, thus I have not sold any of them. I have bought food items from Tastefully Simple for less that are MUCH better. I would pay $9 for a cake if it was out of this world. And unfortionately, I would describe PC as out of any world! :(

Dec 21, 2005
  5. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

I've made both, and am disappointed

I've made both cakes two times each, and was disappointed every time. The flavor was fine, but both were very dry, even when baked 5 minutes under the minimum (my oven's accurate, so I can't even blame that). I have actually sold a few, but it certainly wasn't due to my sales pitch, as I don't talk about them. Personally, I hope to see them dropped.

Diane

Dec 21, 2005
  6. RitaKey

RitaKey Member

I earned them too. Our director served the choc at a cluster meeting. I compare the choc one to a very good brownie. Would I spend the money? Nope! I am using them as booking insentives and catalogue show thank you's. So far I can't even give them away. :confused: I hope they are dropped and sure they will be.

Dec 23, 2005
Have something to add?