• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake mixes

Happy Mom

Aug 11, 2005
Has anyone tried the chocolate or lemon cake mixes? Do they taste good?

Did I read the description correctly that a box only makes one single, 9 inch layer?

That seems very expensive.

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
Yes, I've had them and they ARE very good. I like the lemon one best. I've really only made them to have samples at various booths I've done over the holidays to attract people to my table. I made them in the mini muffin pans, then quartered each one to have little bite-size samples. I've never had anyone buy them. I won't be surprised if those get discontinued. Although you'd pay probably $5 or $6 to have a slice of one of these in a nicer restaurant, I just don't see people buying them. I guess we'll see what they do with these products!

Sep 20, 2005
I earned my cake mixes but haven't made them yet...I was kind of waiting for a special occasion. Maybe when my babies are born I will make a double layer cake or two separate cakes....one for each twin! LOL

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
Dissappointing

I as well earned them and have tried both. I would not pay $9 for them, thus I have not sold any of them. I have bought food items from Tastefully Simple for less that are MUCH better. I would pay $9 for a cake if it was out of this world. And unfortionately, I would describe PC as out of any world! :(

dianevill

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
I've made both, and am disappointed

I've made both cakes two times each, and was disappointed every time. The flavor was fine, but both were very dry, even when baked 5 minutes under the minimum (my oven's accurate, so I can't even blame that). I have actually sold a few, but it certainly wasn't due to my sales pitch, as I don't talk about them. Personally, I hope to see them dropped.

Diane

RitaKey

Dec 22, 2005
I earned them too. Our director served the choc at a cluster meeting. I compare the choc one to a very good brownie. Would I spend the money? Nope! I am using them as booking insentives and catalogue show thank you's. So far I can't even give them away. :confused: I hope they are dropped and sure they will be.