• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can you make cake in a grill pan?

In summary, "Cake in the Grill Pan Worked" is a unique and easy recipe from Pampered Chef that allows you to bake cakes on your grill using the Grill Pan. You can use any cake recipe, but it is recommended to use a dense batter for best results. It is also recommended to lightly grease the pan before adding the batter, and the cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean or when lightly pressed it bounces back. The Grill Pan can also be used for other desserts such as brownies, fruit crisps, and cheesecake. Just make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.
naekelsey
Gold Member
The cake I made in the Grill Pan worked. YAY!!

I did add the frosting on top before it baked. So when I flipped it onto a plate it was not firm on the bottom, which is now the top. I am thinking it is because of the frosting that is all over the cake.

Tonight or tomorrow I am going to try the cake with nothing else and see how it comes out. I was worried about the bottom of the grill pan and thought it wouldn't allow the whole cake to come out.

Pineapple upside down cake works great too ,also cakes in the stir fry skillet looks like a dome

Oooooooooo! Going to have to do the stir fry skillet! Maybe in a few days. Sure everyone will get urked I'd we had 3 cakes to eat in one night!! Lol. I'm making the Cale without the frosting right now.

Yes that's the frosting, it settles the bottom and is supposed to appear like lava when flipped. The pan is non stick but you can try to grease it up a little if you want. It should come out fine.

I greased it up then coated it with flour. Should I have not done the flour?

naekelsey said:
I greased it up then coated it with flour. Should I have not done the flour?

You can do flour. If it's a chocolate cake try cocoa powder.

I will try the coco!!

1. What is "Cake in the Grill Pan Worked"?

"Cake in the Grill Pan Worked" is a Pampered Chef recipe that allows you to make delicious cakes on your grill using our Grill Pan. It's a unique and easy way to bake cakes outdoors without having to use an oven.

2. Can I use any cake recipe with the Grill Pan?

Yes, you can use any cake recipe that fits in the Grill Pan. We recommend using a dense cake batter, like pound cake or angel food cake, for best results. You can also use a boxed cake mix for convenience.

3. Do I need to grease the Grill Pan before using it for cake?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly grease the Grill Pan with cooking spray or butter before adding the cake batter. This will help prevent the cake from sticking and make it easier to remove from the pan.

4. How do I know when the cake is done cooking on the grill?

To check if the cake is done, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. You can also lightly press on the top of the cake - if it bounces back, it is fully cooked.

5. Can I use the Grill Pan for other desserts besides cake?

Yes, you can use the Grill Pan to make a variety of desserts such as brownies, fruit crisps, and even cheesecake. Just make sure the recipe fits in the pan and adjust cooking times accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cochef