• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Cake in a Stir Fry Skillet?

C
chefmama
Can you make a cake in the stir fry skillet?

Thanks. :D

Yep, but it's more of a dome shape. I've never done it, but I know people have. It's just a dome. I suppose you could do some fun things with that shape. I wonder if you could do a light colored cake and decorate it like an easter egg. I guess it really wouldn't be oval, though. Just a thought!:)

I only make my cakes in the stir-fry skillet. I think it looks way prettier. :D You do have to bake the cake like 2-3 minutes longer because it has a thicker middle.:)

1. Can you really make a cake in a stir fry skillet?

Yes, it is possible to make a cake in a stir fry skillet. However, it may require some modifications to the traditional cake recipe and cooking method.

2. Why would someone want to make a cake in a stir fry skillet?

Some people may want to make a cake in a stir fry skillet for convenience or because they don't have access to an oven. Others may want to experiment with different cooking methods or try something new.

3. Will the cake turn out the same as if it were baked in an oven?

No, the cake may not turn out exactly the same as if it were baked in an oven. The texture and appearance may be slightly different due to the different cooking method and temperature.

4. What type of skillet should I use to make a cake?

It is recommended to use a non-stick skillet to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan. A cast iron skillet may also work well, but may require more oil or butter to prevent sticking.

5. What are some tips for making a cake in a stir fry skillet?

Some tips for making a cake in a stir fry skillet include using a low and steady heat, using a lid to trap heat and steam, and checking the cake frequently to prevent burning. It is also important to properly grease the skillet and use the correct size pan for the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • mechelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies