• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make a Delicious Microwave Cake in My Large Micro-Cooker?

In summary, the recipe for a microwave cake in the large micro cooker can be found by doing a recipe search on CC.
SusanBP0129
I have been looking for a microwave cake recipe for the large micro cooker. All I can find are microwave cake recipes for fluted pan & rice cooker.... My question is: Can I do the rice cooker micro cake recipe in the micro cooker??

By doing a recipe search on CC I found a few for the small micro cooker - I did a recipe search on the tool "micro"

Thanks! I'm going to look.... :D

Unfortunately nothing for the large micro-cooker - I'm not sure how well the small recipes would work in the large one - you might try a few or try doubling the recipe.

Susan,
You could always just try a few and see what works well. Keep us posted, I would love to make some microcakes at my shows but don't have any of the required pans. I do have the microcookers though.

I am thinking of trying the micro cake from F/W Season's Best. It says to use the Rice Cooker, so I am thinking I will just use 2/3 of the batter.....Wish me luck!!! :D

I wish you luck. Please let me know how it turns out and take notes ;) on what you change.

I love using the large micro cooker for cakes.

I buy the Jiffy Lemon Cake Mix and Lemon icing (will be enough for 2 cake mixes) I mix the cake mix with 1 egg and 1/2 cup water in the cooker and bake for about 4 minutes(large microwave and about 5 minutes in small microwaves)

iit makes the perfect amount for a nice little snack at night. Or perfect for a older couple or college student.

Great!! Thanks! I will have to try that! Think if I use 2/3 of the batter for a rice cooker cake, it will work?

UPDATE! I made a "butter recipe white" cake following box directions (i used butter flavor crisco instead of butter though)
Sprayed the large micro cooker with Pam w/ Flour for Baking.
Poured in about 2/3 of the cake batter. PLopped about 3 scoops of chocolate frosting on top. Closed lid. Microwaved for 8 minutes.
It's not bad! It looks all kinds of ugly and is a bit dry....but it's decent!! :)

1. How do I use the Large Micro-Cooker to make cake?

To make a cake in the Large Micro-Cooker, simply follow these steps:

1. Prepare your desired cake batter according to the recipe
  2. Grease the Large Micro-Cooker with cooking spray
  3. Pour the batter into the Large Micro-Cooker, filling it no more than half full
  4. Microwave on high for the recommended time according to the recipe
  5. Let the cake cool for a few minutes before inverting it onto a plate

2. Can I make different types of cake in the Large Micro-Cooker?

Absolutely! The Large Micro-Cooker is great for making a variety of cakes, including chocolate, vanilla, carrot, and more. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the recipe and type of cake you are making.

3. How long does it take to make a cake in the Large Micro-Cooker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of cake and the wattage of your microwave. Typically, it takes anywhere from 8-12 minutes to make a cake in the Large Micro-Cooker. It's always best to consult the recipe for specific cooking times.

4. Do I need to cover the Large Micro-Cooker while cooking the cake?

No, you do not need to cover the Large Micro-Cooker while cooking the cake. The vented lid allows steam to escape, preventing the cake from becoming soggy. However, you can cover the cooker with a paper towel if you prefer while cooking.

5. Can I use the Large Micro-Cooker to make other desserts besides cake?

Absolutely! The Large Micro-Cooker is great for making a variety of desserts, such as brownies, muffins, and even individual-sized cheesecakes. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the recipe and type of dessert you are making.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
D Levad
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips